Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So......just tuned in for this playoff. Golf Channel guys just starting up but Sky cut to endless ads.....and we miss Day's drive.....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Noren hit his second in the water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well that was a disappointment. Shame for Noren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

https://twitter.com/sethnorris/status/958826039106416640

Nothing like the waste management Open :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Poulter hit a socket on 16 into the stands and someone threw it back out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Thomas is a frustrating player to watch, the constant complaining gets old very quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Another Playoff, victory for Gary Woodland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Rahm's temper tantrums becoming distasteful. Somebody need to have a word in this ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

I cannot stand John Rahm; he comes across as an oaf with about as much charisma as an oak wardrobe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

He's 23, I'd be inclined to cut him some slack.

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »

I think he has been around the game long enough to stop behaving like a big spoiled child. Will need more composure for Ryder Cup later in year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Wombatman wrote: »
    I think he has been around the game long enough to stop behaving like a big spoiled child. Will need more composure for Ryder Cup later in year.

He's 23.
    He is a pro less than two years.
    He has rocketed up the world rankings.
    He's 23.

Is his behavior acceptable? No.
    Is it understandable? Yes.

Very few golfers have achieved what he has by 23. They are not in the spotlight as much as he is either because they are not contending or are on a different tour. They can throw these little tantrums and nothing is made of it.

Somebody does need to pull him aside and tell him its not acceptable moving forward. For the time being, just let the guy play golf. Theres no need to critique his attitude. He is incredibly young. Just let the lad settle into the Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I don't mind the Rahm histrionics myself, good to see some different characters in the game and players letting their emotions out. Better than them all being cap-tipping bores imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

6 Irish boys in the field this week, hopefully some coverage beyond Rory.

I don't mind the Rahm histrionics myself, good to see some different characters in the game and players letting their emotions out. Better than them all being cap-tipping bores imo.

I'd take the cap tipping over burying your wedge in the fairway after a bad approach and then yanking it back out again with a load of sod. Not very entertaining IMHO.

I'm all in favor of players who mix it up but not at the expense of the course or their fellow competitors. This applies to golfers at all levels, young or old, who persistently abuse the course or turn the air blue after a bad shot.

Very few are immune for losing the rag from time to time but Rahm is taking it to a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'd take the cap tipping over burying your wedge in the fairway after a bad approach and then yanking it back out again with a load of sod. Not very entertaining IMHO.

I'm all in favor of players who mix it up but not at the expense of the course or their fellow competitors. This applies to golfers at all levels, young or old, who persistently abuse the course or turn the air blue after a bad shot.

Very few are immune for losing the rag from time to time but Rahm is taking it to a different level.

Fair enough, each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

It’s funny when it’s bubba pissing & whining on the course he’s a disgrace, but when it’s Rahm he’s a ‘fiery spanard’

Can’t stand watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

bren2001 wrote: »

Exactly, he's not a child. Plenty of other pros around the same age well able to act properly on the course.

Has he even had 2 years on tour?

He hit the ground running so is very prominent on TV coverage, he is not bad at all compared to others.

It is something that will ease, especially club banging etc... but I haven’t seen anything that is disrespectful like I have with someone like Hatton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There are players barely reacting to making an eagle or a double bogey, its pretty boring for me to get into somebody else's golf when they barely seem into it themselves.

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Has he even had 2 years on tour?

He hit the ground running so is very prominent on TV coverage, he is not bad at all compared to others.

It is something that will ease, especially club banging etc... but I haven’t seen anything that is disrespectful like I have with someone like Hatton

Agreed Hatton is even worse. It's even more noticeable when there in person, both stood out like sore thumbs at the British open compared to the rest of the field. Hatton's playing partners looked like they'd had enough of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

What does Hatton do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

benny79 wrote: »
    What does Hatton do?

Whinges to his caddy mostly.

What does Hatton do?

Tbh he just seems like a complete moany pr1ck. Gets nicely done 3.30 into this.

https://youtu.be/rmY89bSk89Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Share the dislike towards Hatton, easily the most whingey f*** on Tour.

Didn't know McIlroy was playing this week.. think it must be his first time playing the AT&T at Pebble. Wonder how he will find the 6 hour rounds there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

A strong Irish contingent in action this week.
    As well as McIlroy we also have Harrington, Lowry, Dunne, McDowell and Power playing. However we may not see much of them as no doubt Bill Murray will get more screen time than the latter 5 combined. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Every time Hatton misses a putt he hammers down the ground blaming spike marks.

I really dislike him

Not the best starts for Padraig - he's 7 over thru 11. There was a snowman in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think I'd take pebble over Augusta, fantastic course.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Think I'd take pebble over Augusta, fantastic course.

100%

Scenery looks second to none. Have always said it is the one course I would pay the ridiculous green fee for.

100%

Scenery looks second to none. Have always said it is the one course I would pay the ridiculous green fee for.

$495 for a round???

Quintis wrote: »
    100%

$495 for a round???

Well in fairness you get 6 + hours for that.

First Up wrote: »

Plenty of time to take in the view

First Up wrote: »

Plenty of time to take in the view
    Which you only get on 6 or 7 holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Its only €400 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Its only €400 :D

22 quid per hole.

I've paid more than that in the past..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

$495 for a round???

That's the rate right now. Goes up again once April hits. That said I think it's worth it. For anyone from this far away how many times in your life do you think you will drive by the gates? It really is a once in a lifetime for most. I was lucky enough to pass by there last summer and went in to have a look around. Far more to the place than just the course. Had a lovely lunch there and only for we were on a very tight schedule I would have put the round on the credit card and worried about it a few months later. The whole area is unreal aswell. 17 mile drive, Carmel by the Sea and Monterrey are all must see if near there. In fact just before you reach the lone Cypress and Pebble Beach you drive past the worlds number one course - Cypress Point. Some spot.

Anyone see Rory's 5 putt there??? :eek::eek: It was Ernie at the Masters bad!!

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/962063916342784002

Rory followed the 5 putt above with three 3 putts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

HighLine wrote: »
    Rory followed the 5 putt above with three 3 putts.

So disappointing to see, he was putting well since he came back but that could set his confidence back. For me he just didn't seen to give those putts due consideration. He rushed them didn't bother marking or lining up.

• Advertisement

backspin. wrote: »
    So disappointing to see, he was putting well since he came back but that could set his confidence back. For me he just didn't seen to give those putts due consideration. He rushed them didn't bother marking or lining up.

Fully agree. It was like he was playing with mates on a random Tuesday afternoon. Was very impressed with his putting last month though so tonight's display came as a shock.

Bad day for all 6 Irish players... all except Power in plus figures for their rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Is that gerry in the background - he looks embarrassed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Just watching the AT&T here, now I may be in the minority but I have zero interest in seeing celebrities hitting shots. Same reason that I'm not a big fan of the dunhill links.

It seems to always be the same celebrities too. You can only watch Bill Murray hitting a chip shot to 20 feet so many times before it gets tiresome.

I do like the multiple course format however and wouldn't mind seeing that at a few other tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

NDWC wrote: »
    Just watching the AT&T here, now I may be in the minority but I have zero interest in seeing celebrities hitting shots. Same reason that I'm not a big fan of the dunhill links.

It seems to always be the same celebrities too. You can only watch Bill Murray hitting a chip shot to 20 feet so many times before it gets tiresome..

Agreed. A PGA Tour event at Pebble Beach with a quality field should be a simple recipe for great TV, but all the coverage given to people who are not in the tournament makes it unwatchable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

The us commentary doesn't help fawning over the likes of bill Murray... naus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Looks like Potters to lose. DJ and gang not doing it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Really like David Howell as a pundit.

"Standing on 18 5 shot lead- How often can I hit it in the water and still win?" :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

The bants between the guys in studio is good. Nick a sound bloke I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

MaxPower89 wrote: »

Far better than McGinley and that other lad

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

MaxPower89 wrote: »

I nearly fell off my chair until I realised you meant Dougherty rather than Faldo!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement