Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

I nearly fell off my chair until I realised you meant Dougherty rather than Faldo!

Say that to Eastwood's face.

Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

Serious banter with Howell and Dougherty, was more fun to watch rather than the turid coverage from cbs in the US. Great moment when Dougherty slagged Howell for not hitting adult distances then put his 8 iron in the water in the shot centre par 3, Howell put it to 12 feet before him, some laughter ensued, priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    The bants between the guys in studio is good. Nick a sound bloke I reckon.

I like them hitting the shots on the simulator too. Can be entertaining. As two former pro's you expect them to be peppering the pins but they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

backspin. wrote: »
    I like them hitting the shots on the simulator too. Can be entertaining. As two former pro's you expect them to be peppering the pins but they don't.

I think that explains why they are 'former pro's'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Quintis wrote: »
    I think that explains why they are 'former pro's'...

I think if they cut out the messing and ribbing they would do much better - but that makes it funny.

Howell asking Nick for a baffy for the approach shot :) then asking Nick if he is hitting 8 iron...gas

The craic between Faldo and Jim Nantz is zero, its a pity Sky dont do their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Howell is still playing professionally. Howell plays a fair few tournaments still. He has had a real bad run with injuries the last two years, he got a shoulder injury in South Africa last month. He is currently Chairman of the European Tour tournament committee.

Dougherty's career went bad a long time ago but he was really good for a few years.
    He retired at a very young age, maybe he just didn't have the desire to keep playing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The first names of 5 of the World top 10 begin with 'J' and end with 'n'.... as does the surname of the No 1... just in case anyone hadn't noticed :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Anyone notice that DJ didn't seem to congratulate Potter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

First Up wrote: »
    Anyone notice that DJ didn't seem to congratulate Potter?

Noticed that alright but thought it was the other way around i.e. Potter made no effort to shake with DJ. Potter was the active hand shaker as DJ had done his with the caddies after he finished up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Wombatman wrote: »
    Noticed that alright but thought it was the other way around i.e. Potter made no effort to shake with DJ. Potter was the active hand shaker as DJ had done his with the caddies after he finished up.

The active hand shaker?! Never heard that one before.

DJ just walked off, his caddie had the decency to hang around, 99% of players who win celebrate with their caddie first while other players and caddies hang back for a minute.

DJ could easily have been waiting for him at the back of the green out of camera shot but he is not the brains of the operation so nothing would surprise me with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Rarely have I seen a player less comfortable being interviewed than Potter. Fair play to him, he probably just wanted to head home and celebrate in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Tiger, Rory and Justin Thomas out together for their first round on Thursday. Should be fun to watch!

+5 +2 -5

Thomas won't be inconvenienced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

That's some shocking news regarding Bill Hass. Injured in a car accident where the driver of the car has been killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

This commentary is terrible, is one of them a basketball player?

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    This commentary is terrible, is one of them a basketball player?

Yeah he is... thankfully finished now.

Rory looking woeful, as is Tiger.

Paddy however opens up with an eagle :D

HighLine wrote: »
    Yeah he is... thankfully finished now.

Rory looking woeful, as is Tiger.

Paddy however opens up with an eagle :D

I'm all for Tiger but when they're just standing around etc they could show some other groups.

Ha, Rory misses the putt while on the big screen behind the green ( and in his view) it says he's outside the tour average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I'm all for Tiger but when they're just standing around etc they could show some other groups.

The coverage doesnt start for another couple of hours.

What they are showing now is just featured groups. So it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The evenings entertainment is sorted :D

Rory's horrible wedge play makes an unwelcome return this week. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rory's horrible wedge play makes an unwelcome return this week. Shame.

Just catching up. 2 bogies on the two par 5’s when hitting a wedge from 100 yards for his 3rd shot. Not good enough for an ameteur never mind a pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just catching up. 2 bogies on the two par 5’s when hitting a wedge from 100 yards for his 3rd shot. Not good enough for an ameteur never mind a pro

Amazing how poor his wedge play is, he was deadly with a wedge as a youngster.

Nice Eagle

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭tommypepper

Poor Adam Scott what a ball striker but just ****e on d greens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Love a course where the players don't have it too easy

**** is the new Fore.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Ursummupet wrote: »
    **** is the new Fore.

Always thankful for the Sky Sports apology so I can rewind to see what obscenity I missed.

Tiger commits to play the Honda Classic next week.... whilst on his 8th hole.:D

• Advertisement

Tiger commits to play the Honda Classic next week.... whilst on his 8th hole.:D

It wasn't only me who noticed that.

The old adage for mcillroy again. Amazing how much it can impact ones game

How good is it to see Gmac back playing some good golf and up there on the leaderboard!

Nice bounce back from Rory

How good is it to see Gmac back playing some good golf and up there on the leaderboard!

Always find he plays better on these harder, "US Open" style courses. It is good to see, really hope he gets more consistency over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Mushy wrote: »
    Always find he plays better on these harder, "US Open" style courses. It is good to see, really hope he gets more consistency over the season.

Seems like a decent sort too. That accent is something else though.

backspin. wrote: »
    Seems like a decent sort too. That accent is something else though.

He really does. On honeymoon in Hawaii late 2016 myself, in an ice cream shop in Lahaina, just down road from Kapalua. Owner recognised we weren't local (it wasn't just the pasty white skin), then said how McDowell goes to this spot when plays there, always good for a chat and no ego about him. Wished more of them were like that!

Think I prefer Nick back in studio hitting balls on the trackman. Or maybe a combo with Sarah at the cart.

Who is that Nick chap? He seems confident.

MaxPower89 wrote: »

Who is that Nick chap? He seems confident.

I’m confident he’s an absolute spoofer

Some round by DJ, probably too far back though. Not seeing much of Bubba?

Last time I saw Nick his titles were assistant to Paul mcGinley at RC and some type of life coach...? He seems to know his stuff technically but i dunno, can he swing a club or what. Comes across a bit too cool for school.

• Advertisement

Wonder how happy the guys at Volvik will be to see Bubba possibly winning this tournament. He uses their balls in 2017 and has his worst year on tour and in 2018 returns to Titleist and is off to a good start.

I'll be sick to see Cantalay or Na win this.
    Two painfully slow players. Kevin Na is a disgrace. Cantalay shuffling his hips 20 times before every shot too.

Jesus it'd be insufferable if Na won. The fear is him out first in the singles if the Ryder cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    I'll be sick to see Cantalay or Na win this.
    Two painfully slow players. Kevin Na is a disgrace. Cantalay shuffling his hips 20 times before every shot too.

seen him a few weeks ago - said to myself , ok last few years with Aimpoint - ball line up - note reading - 360 view , we have had some crazy routines.

But his takes the biscuit in annoying level.

seen him a few weeks ago - said to myself , ok last few years with Aimpoint - ball line up - note reading - 360 view , we have had some crazy routines.

But his takes the biscuit in annoying level.

The carry on out of Na over a 2 foot putt earlier was shocking. A full 1:30 to putt a tap in.

Na and Fowler are 2 serial bottlers when in the lead final day

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Bubba!

Na and Fowler are 2 serial bottlers when in the lead final day

That is why - when you hear people go on about Fowler for a major you go - yes , but. :confused:

And majors are 10 times the pressure.

That is why - when you hear people go on about Fowler for a major you go - yes , but. :confused:

And majors are 10 times the pressure.

Even the players he won he had a crazy finish with birdies and eagles to snatch it. Give him a lead hitting the final day and he folds everytime

Even the players he won he had a crazy finish with birdies and eagles to snatch it. Give him a lead hitting the final day and he folds everytime

Yes - but if your there enough times , eventually everyone else makes a balls of it too and you are the winner and feel on top of the world then.

Day
    Sergio

etc.

Will be interesting to see Sergio this year.

Kuchar another guy in the mix loads - but rarely takes the event or falls away in a major.

what Bubba does with a golf club makes no sense -

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement