Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Lowry in the drink off 18 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Some finish here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Classic Poulter

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Ah come on poulter, that's just rediculius!!!...
    I'd love to see him with his playoff now... to be 51st by such a short margin..to be +1 after 1st round... it'll be unbelievable to see him win it!!!..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

Anyone know the playoff format ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just love that reaction especially with all that happened of in you in oh your not sorry

Trickier bunker shot this time?

Ok they are saying better lie this time

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Allinall wrote: »
    Anyone know the playoff format ?

Sudden death.

• Advertisement

Shocker. IJP has big advantage here

Not dead yet, long putt and these guys should be getting up and down from sand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Seve OB wrote: »
    Ok they are saying better lie this time

**** bunker shot advantage Poults

Game over

Well done Poults, delighted for him

FFS, what is he at marking the ball.......

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭liamoreilly

Seve OB wrote: »
    FFS, what is he at marking the ball.......

...Kinda taking the piss with it overall...

• Advertisement

...Kinda taking the piss with it overall...

Yea, even over the putt there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Delighted for Poults there, fantastic stuff. What an absolute battler, unreal.

Silly from Beau drawing a Picasso on the ball and being slow when it was all over anyway.

Sets up Masters like never before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Delighted for Poults there, fantastic stuff. What an absolute battler, unreal.

Silly from Beau drawing a Picasso on the ball and being slow when it was all over anyway.

Sets up Masters like never before?

Yeah I've never looked forward to a Masters as much as this year. It's gonna be epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Great to see Poulter at the Masters. He brings a bit of colour and controversy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

He barely kept his tour card last year. Now he has it locked in for a few more years. Such a gritty bastàrd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Last night brought back memories of Padraig's win in the Honda Classic. Long clutch birdie putt on the 72nd hole to force a playoff against relatively unknown opponent, who then finds water during the playoff.

I wonder will Hossler bounce back from this as successfully as Daniel Berger has done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delighted with the finish last night I never was a fan of his until I seen him play in the Ryder cup the man has so much passion for the support he brings character to it that so many others fail to do.

In the same boat as everyone else never before do i remember a masters with so many high profile players coming back into form golf is in a great place this season long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Poulter’s five birdies over the final five holes of his Saturday fourball match at Medinah was one of the greatest performances I’ve seen on a golf course.

He laid the foundation for the Miracle at Medinah; there was precedent for coming back from 10-6 down (Brookline)...11-5 wouldn’t have been a runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Delighted for Poulter - great determination to get back to 29 in the world rankings I'd love to see him in the Ryder Cup in France this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say I've never really been a fan of Poulter but credit where it is due. The birdies on 18 to take it to a playoff was clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Just watching early coverage on Sky there and the two american commentators are good fun in my view (or it's just the change).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Anyone suggest a good Android app for pga leaderboard? The official one on the website is so slow and painful. Had the official app for the masters last week, have to say it was excellent. Reminded me how crap the pga one is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Anyone suggest a good Android app for pga leaderboard? The official one on the website is so slow and painful. Had the official app for the masters last week, have to say it was excellent. Reminded me how crap the pga one is!

AFAIK all the other apps take their data from the pga app so they're all likely to be slow. I use flashscore myself, find it pretty good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    AFAIK all the other apps take their data from the pga app so they're all likely to be slow. I use flashscore myself, find it pretty good.

Me too, I use Flashscore for a few sports, but it all depends on where these apps get their feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Satoshosi Kodaira won the Heritage Classic, 66 Today and won at the 3rd playoff hole. He gets a 2 year exemption, PGA tour status, and the winners cheque. Couldn't beat an amateur in the Perth matchplay a couple of months ago. Beat Si Woo Kim, who was a nervous wreck on the greens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What the hell happened Poulter in the back 9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Satoshosi Kodaira won the Heritage Classic, 66 Today and won at the 3rd playoff hole. He gets a 2 year exemption, PGA tour status, and the winners cheque. Couldn't beat an amateur in the Perth matchplay a couple of months ago. Beat Si Woo Kim, who was a nervous wreck on the greens

The way the commentary was going on you’d swear he was a nobody. The bloke is ranked 46 in world and will be higher tomorrow

callaway92 wrote: »
    What the hell happened Poulter in the back 9?

Putted badly and went in the water on a par 3, +5 for the back nine

AGC wrote: »
    The way the commentary was going on you’d swear he was a nobody. The bloke is ranked 46 in world and will be higher tomorrow

Didn't play like a nobody, sure he's worried what the CBS golf bandwagonners think of him, a lot of nobody's on the coverage, its the one thing gets me every week, they are only comfortable with Dustin Jordan Rory Tiger or any of their first name buddies contending.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

SW Kim had an absolute disaster on the greens today. Woefully bad statistically all year in shots lost on the field in putting but this was extra bad.Missed 5/6 putts by some distsnce from inside 10 ft over the closing holes to win the tournament. Held a 2 shot lead going up the par 5 15th hole and basically threw it away. Looked terrified over the putts and this is the guy who won the players championship less than 9 months ago. He's not a nobody !
    Next week on to the Valero Texas open , without seeing a confirmed field for Thursday I'm moving towards Tony Finau as a decent outsider (assuming he plays) . Playing well at present and showed up well at the master's despite the "ankle" issue he caused himself plus has good course form from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I don't think I ever seen a worse putting performance from a pro than si woo Kim on the back 9 today. And to make things worse he got a 2 stroke penalty on Friday.

Tee to green he was quality and if he even becomes an average putter he will be some player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I don't think I ever seen a worse putting performance from a pro than si woo Kim on the back 9 today. And to make things worse he got a 2 stroke penalty on Friday.

Tee to green he was quality and if he even becomes an average putter he will be some player

Some of his iron play was stunning. I guess it would have to be with putting like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Claregaafan18

On the web.com tour which is the main gateway tour onto the PGA Tour, slow play is causing havoc in this week's event at a windy Newburgh in Indiana this weekend. There is a group that just completed a two ball in 4 hours and 59 minutes! Seriously this is just ridiculous and the tour organizers need to speak to the entire field about their obligations as pro golfers. Shot penalties are the only way that players will speed up play. However the US tour are so poor at enforcing play to speed up so I won't hold out hope at all. For any group to complete a round in 5 hours is bad enough. But for a two-ball to do just that is a serious new low for professional golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Russman

On the web.com tour which is the main gateway tour onto the PGA Tour, slow play is causing havoc in this week's event at a windy Newburgh in Indiana this weekend. There is a group that just completed a two ball in 4 hours and 59 minutes! Seriously this is just ridiculous and the tour organizers need to speak to the entire field about their obligations as pro golfers. Shot penalties are the only way that players will speed up play. However the US tour are so poor at enforcing play to speed up so I won't hold out hope at all. For any group to complete a round in 5 hours is bad enough. But for a two-ball to do just that is a serious new low for professional golf.

Couldn’t agree more with you, but unfortunately there’s absolutely zero appetite to deal with it. No matter how bad it gets they’ll trot out the usual mitigating excuses - it was windy, the greens were quick, the greens had slopes, the pins were tucked, there’s a lot of money on the line, they weren’t out of position, bla, bla, bla.
    Maybe it’s because if they cut 30 mins off a round on the tour it’s less advertising dollars for TV companies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Russman wrote: »
    Couldn’t agree more with you, but unfortunately there’s absolutely zero appetite to deal with it. No matter how bad it gets they’ll trot out the usual mitigating excuses - it was windy, the greens were quick, the greens had slopes, the pins were tucked, there’s a lot of money on the line, they weren’t out of position, bla, bla, bla.
    Maybe it’s because if they cut 30 mins off a round on the tour it’s less advertising dollars for TV companies.

I watched it last night and it was shocking.

280 par 4 and the lads were taking 40 minutes to play it.

Pacing out a 20yrd uphill chip and then looking at it for 5 minutes.
    Screw you Maverick, Goose would be disgusted.

Kinda annoying the Sky Sports Golf channel isn't showing the Sicilian Open today. It's been converted into Sky Sports Players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Dbu

Kinda annoying the Sky Sports Golf channel isn't showing the Sicilian Open today. It's been converted into Sky Sports Players

That place is on my 'to do' list for a holiday actually. Looks amazing

Dbu wrote: »
    That place is on my 'to do' list for a holiday actually. Looks amazing

Sicily? Yeah for sure!

I'm desperate to give Crans-Sur-Sierre in Switzerland a go! Always love watching the Omega Masters for the views alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Sicily? Yeah for sure!

I'm desperate to give Crans-Sur-Sierre in Switzerland a go! Always love watching the Omega Masters for the views alone.

Don't forget that sweet sweet thin mountain air. Your shot's will go further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭golfer79

Coverage is on Sky Sports Mix each of the four days. Sky channel number 121. Broadcasting starts from 1.30pm to 5.30pm today.

• Advertisement

golfer79 wrote: »
    Coverage is on Sky Sports Mix each of the four days. Sky channel number 121. Broadcasting starts from 1.30pm to 5.30pm today.

Is that on Sky Go? In work so wanting to use that on 3rd screen

Nevermind; found it now!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Jordan Spieth 3 putts from 6 feet on the 10th for bogey, then hits it in the water on the par 5 11th and makes bogey, then drives to par 4 12th to 10 feet and makes eagle. Level par after 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Bogey bogey eagle double bogey

He’s all over the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

He has missed 3 cuts in a row here.
    He doesn't tend to play well here apart from a decent showing in 2014.

So expect more of this id imagine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Speith just loves the water. Really really poor.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement