Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have to disagree. I love the FedEx run in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Synode wrote: »
    Have to disagree. I love the FedEx run in

I enjoy it too but i don't think upping the prize to 15 million adds anything. 10 million was already a bit excessive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

backspin. wrote: »
    I enjoy it too but i don't think upping the prize to 15 million adds anything. 10 million was already a bit excessive.

That was my point, Im ok with the other changes as using strokes just makes it easier to track who is going to win...but upping the prize fund is a bit of a piss take. Im sure there are far better uses for that money, even purely in golfing circles. (Shriners etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Rory, Rickie, Tiger and Justin all tied at the top of the leaderboard. Yeah these playoffs are boring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I watch the McKenzie Tour or the Asian tour, golf in sunshine anywhere is worth watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Does Justin Rose bore the arse off anyone else or is it just me? He's a brilliant player and seems like a lovely bloke, I just don't find him interesting in the slightest.

^ Interesting shot coming up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

NDWC wrote: »
    Does Justin Rose bore the arse off anyone else or is it just me? He's a brilliant player and seems like a lovely bloke, I just don't find him interesting in the slightest.

Agreed, there's no emotion with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

delaad wrote: »
    Agreed, there's no emotion with him.

Agree with that, sky rattling on about him being world number one, no one said he fired away the tournament, when he lost to Bradley in the playoff. Another thing is that Ryder cup coverage, Europe and all that tripe. Unbearable rubbish

Agree with that, sky rattling on about him being world number one, no one said he fired away the tournament, when he lost to Bradley in the playoff. Another thing is that Ryder cup coverage, Europe and all that tripe. Unbearable rubbish

I do think he did well to get to number one in the world and fair play to him, I just groan every time I see his name near the top of the leaderboard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Justin Rose is an absolute legend. Gentleman too.

Leaderboard if it was under next year's system.

https://twitter.com/WillGrayGC/status/1043269777966485504

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

HighLine wrote: »

Hopefully they have a rethink about this idea.

I watch golf to see who wins the tournament that week.

I'd imagine the players won't like it as how do you approach a professional tournament when you clearly have much less chance of winning than your rivals yet this is supposed to be the big finale to the season which essentially completely de-motivates a large portion of the field.

You have to keep this as a legitimate tournament that all players have a fair chance of winning.Each stage of the Tour de France is worth winning for all riders even if they don't have much a chance of winning the overall race it should be the same for the fed ex cup playoffs.

Completely agree with the above but unfortunately it looks like they will plough ahead with the idea. It will just take one year however of the front guy shooting a mid 60s score in the first round and he will be 12/13 shots in front of the next guy. Then the inevitable outrage will ensue and it will revert back to current system.

This was fairly funny. Also.. 40 seconds in... this is one of the most misunderstood elements of taking an unplayable ball relief. The amount of times I've seen guys go to pick the ball back up after it rolls back into the bush they were taking an unplayable drop from.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1043222409917001728

^ I think people confuse it with a free drop where you redrop if you don't get full relief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

DeChambeau and Koepka currently 3 holes ahead of Keegan Bradley and Patrick Reed.

12th hole vs 9th hole.

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/tour-championship/leaderboard.html

Reflective in the scoring too. Faster players play better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rikand wrote: »
    DeChambeau and Koepka currently 3 holes ahead of Keegan Bradley and Patrick Reed.

12th hole vs 9th hole.

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2018/tour-championship/leaderboard.html

Reflective in the scoring too. Faster players play better

And I wouldn’t have said that DeChambeau is that fast either with all those calculations he has to do

Perfect start from Tiger. Could we finally get the Tiger v Rory Sunday showdown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Hopefully tiger v Rory tomorrow, great start by tiger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

As it stands, Justin Rose in 3rd place, would lose the fedex to DeChambeau who is 24th.

Rose must finish top2 evidently to even have a squeak of a chance

• Advertisement

The crowds look massive, a Tiger/Rory final pairing tomorrow would be great

Tiger is trying to make tomorrow irrelevant. Incredible start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Tiger is so in the zone, it's frightening! Great to have him back. Haven't heard it mentioned in the commentary but what needs to happen for Tiger to win the FedEx?

Time to see what the likes of Rose and McIlroy are made of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Tiger is so in the zone, it's frightening! Great to have him back. Haven't heard it mentioned in the commentary but what needs to happen for Tiger to win the FedEx?

He needs to win plus the following:

- Bryson DeChambeau finishes T15 or worse
    - Justin Rose finishes three-way for 5th or worse
    - Tony Finau finishes T3 or worse
    - Dustin Johnson finishes in a three-way tie for 2nd or worse
    - Justin Thomas finishes in a three-way tie for 2nd or worse
    - Keegan Bradley finishes T2 or worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

With DeChambeau down the field and others I think Rose currently has it. For Tiger to win Rose needs to fall back a bit. Not sure how much. Unlikely anyway he's so solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

With DeChambeau down the field and others I think Rose currently has it. For Tiger to win Rose needs to fall back a bit. Not sure how much. Unlikely anyway he's so solid.

Not much needed to slip to 5th in any tournament. That said I don't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Tiger is on the way back judging by today. Looks like he'll be hard to beat next year if he continues in this form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Woods would now be 1 behind Rose and you’d have Woods as favourite. Phenomenal stuff.

• Advertisement

Tiger is on fire. Ridiculous stuff.

Unbelievable start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Tiger is on fire. Ridiculous stuff.

Vintage Tiger. I've laid him but I'm thinking I've done my money at this stage. I should know better as I'm old enough to remember him in his prime.

Tiger and Rose are on the clock now. Let’s face it, they can slow it down even more and the pga tour will do sweet FA about it

Tiger and Rose are on the clock now. Let’s face it, they can slow it down even more and the pga tour will do sweet FA about it

Rose pulling out that f€&king green book every time

I've noticed Rose seems a bit slow on the greens, wouldn't have thought either were bad overall though

• Advertisement

I've noticed Rose seems a bit slow on the greens, wouldn't have thought either were bad overall though

He is very slow. Between his greens book reading and the pre-putt routine he does for even short putts.

He is very slow. Between his greens book reading and the pre-putt routine he does for even short putts.

Very noticeable on the short putts alright. If Kevin Na did that the commentators would be slating him!

That said.. he can be as slow as he wants next week if he brings home the points. Good thoughts from Casey there too... great to see him playing well in advance to his RC comeback.

Bloody Aimpoint nonsense.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

GreeBo wrote: »
    Bloody Aimpoint nonsense.:mad:

Earlier in the round he putted and went no more than 2 foot past the hole and he said to tiger that he would finish out before tigers putt.
    He then proceeded to mark, clean, aimpount, finger up putter up one eye closed, remove the marker, step back before addressing the ball and tapping it in....

GTFO Rose

• Advertisement

Re Rose, at best you could say that he can be efficient, "machine-like"(Rich Beem), business-like(himself). All less than enthralling qualities.

With that lie rose has on 18 unlikely he’ll make birdie so should be Rory and tiger

Crossing my fingers for Tiger and Rory out in final pairing tomorrow.

So we have Tiger and Rory in the last group tomorrow :)

So we have Tiger and Rory in the last group tomorrow :)

Brilliant, the way it should have been the last several years, if it weren't for fate, frailty and form.

Can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Justin was asked about whether 10 large was in his mind. Obviously we can't answer that question but do you think, for someone who's won multi-mllions already, do you think it really matters?

Feels like we have been waiting years for this to happen. (Mods.. would be great if people would only post in one thread tomorrow rather than the same comments in the Rory tread, Tiger thread and here)

https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/status/1043629538473914375

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

What time will Rory and Tiger tee off at tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

What time will Rory and Tiger tee off at tomorrow?

7:05pm tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I can see Tiger imploding on some hole (first par 3 on back nine, 10 or 11)tomorrow.
    He'll fall away setting a morose tone for the RC next week where Phil will have the last word on Tiger being late for his tee off time Saturday morning only to be dropped for the afternoon and win his singles when it counts for nothing on Sunday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement