Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Remind me wrote: »
    What way is it done if players finish level on 2 wins? Does it go on head to head then?

No, it goes on goal difference!

Sseriously though it goes to a playoff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

More Ryder Cup bull. I don't understand how anybody is interested in that anymore. It's a pointless bi-annual event which means nothing. Wish they'd just dump it and let Europe joint the rest of the world in the President's Cup. One of those events is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

eagle eye wrote: »
    More Ryder Cup bull. I don't understand how anybody is interested in that anymore. It's a pointless bi-annual event which means nothing. Wish they'd just dump it and let Europe joint the rest of the world in the President's Cup. One of those events is enough.

One of the things you don’t get is that being pointless is part of the whole point. It’s one occasion golfers aren’t playing for their own egos or for obscene pay cheques, when you can see their human side for a change, as so demonstrably happened in France last year. Plus it’s just really terrific drama when you get it into it and Cup is on the line. I suspect you’d be in minority among golf fans in your assessment.

One of the things you don’t get is that being pointless is part of the whole point. It’s one occasion golfers aren’t playing for their own egos or for obscene pay cheques, when you can see their human side for a change, as so demonstrably happened in France last year. Plus it’s just really terrific drama when you get it into it and Cup is on the line. I suspect you’d be in minority among golf fans in your assessment.
    Well I think I am in the minority. I used to love it but then it became more European and tat changed things for me.
    There's a lot of those European golfers that I'd have less time for than American golfers so I didn't have a side to shout for anymore.
    They are playing in it these days because of endorsement deal bonuses for qualifying and playing in it.
    I've no idea about what happened in France last year. The last time I watched was 2004.
    I don't understand the appeal of it anymore. It's long past it's sell by date imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well I think I am in the minority. I used to love it but then it became more European and tat changed things for me.
    There's a lot of those European golfers that I'd have less time for than American golfers so I didn't have a side to shout for anymore.
    They are playing in it these days because of endorsement deal bonuses for qualifying and playing in it.
    I've no idea about what happened in France last year. The last time I watched was 2004.
    I don't understand the appeal of it anymore. It's long past it's sell by date imo.

Your opinion has been noted :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Interesting opinion but I literally couldn't disagree more. Ryder cup is the best event in golf for me!

Was just about to post about this, incredible up & down

• Advertisement

Rory up against it today. He is -2 to this point and all square, in trouble on the 11th.

Edit: Got away with it, both walk off with a bogey.

Rory's drive measured at 425 yards on the 12th. I know the ball runs and runs but that's still just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Rory's drive measured at 425 yards on the 12th. I know the ball runs and runs but that's still just ridiculous.

It’s just a downslope all the way

The way they go on about the format you'd swear it was rocket science, it's about as simple as it gets no? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

In the Dominican Republic event Paul Dunne is -3 after 13 holes and just 3 shots off the lead

Seamus Power was +4 after 9 holes but has it back to level with 2 to play

Has Westwood ever been a good putter? Just seems to cost him year after year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Dunne leading in the Dominican Republic

Good putt on 18

He must be up there with Vijay as the worst putter ever at the top level. Maybe Garcia too.

Good putt on 18

Haha of course he goes and sinks one on the last!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Stenson has been playing some fantastic golf. Jim Furyk is fighting gamely, but he's up against a guy who seems to be able to stick it beside the pin at will. McIlroy is 3 up after seven, so that looks ominous for Matt Fitz. Shane Lowry hasn't teed off yet.

• Advertisement

Surely we're getting Rory v Tiger tomorrow

Even more likely now after that Tiger hole-out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Exhibition stuff from Tiger, he was 2 down through 8 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Looking like it might be a Tiger v Rory match tomorrow...should be good viewing.

HighLine wrote: »
    Looking like it might be a Tiger v Rory match tomorrow...should be good viewing.

Pretty much all we are seeing right now

So Rory is 3 up with 3 to play and guaranteed a half to get to 2.5 points, nobody else in the group can get to 2.5 no matter what they do. Yet the commentators are saying it's not guaranteed that Rory goes through? :confused:

Is there a more detestable player on tour than Casey? The man is nauseating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

NDWC wrote: »

How come?

Hatton

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Poulter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

While there probably is, there's something about him I don't like (I'm sure he'd be devastated to hear this). I always contrast it with Donald who seems a down to earth guy and got unlucky over the last while

backspin. wrote: »
    How come?

Mainly his arrogance, just watch any of his interviews.
    Hatton
    Poulter

Two good shouts there in fairness

Well I'm not a fan of Poulter personally but right now after his antics a couple of weeks back De Chambeau is top of my list of players I don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Hatton

Yeah Hatton is awful, always gesticulating and complaining. He is playing the game a long time he knows its not a game of perfect.

Well I'm not a fan of Poulter personally but right now after his antics a couple of weeks back De Chambeau is top of my list of players I don't like.

When it's not going well for DeChambeau he comes across as an awful sore loser. The hacking at the practice green a few weeks ago was shocking too.
    Compare Casey's interview to Molinari's just now, like night and day

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

When it's not going well for DeChambeau he comes across as an awful sore loser. The hacking at the practice green a few weeks ago was shocking too.

Where does that leave Garcia, and his carry-on out in the desert? He was at that auld bitchiness years ago against Harrington, yet Sky insist on adoring the poisonous little bollix.

Vote for Garcia here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭boardise

Garcia-talented player but a right sour little scut imo.

Where does that leave Garcia, and his carry-on out in the desert? He was at that auld bitchiness years ago against Harrington, yet Sky insist on adoring the poisonous little bollix.

Don't forget the Tiger 'Fried Chicken' comment and that he spat in the cup in a tournament before.

• Advertisement

He should've been banned for the Saudi thing, imo he got off lightly

You'd have to fancy McIlroy or Molinari from here, I watched Stenson on the featured groups earlier too and he was brilliant.

With McIlroy it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of playing Woods tomorrow, especially after the tour championship last year.

I'd like if they had an approximate strokeplay leaderboard just to see who's playing well and who's not.

Don't forget the Tiger 'Fried Chicken' comment and that he spat in the cup in a tournament before.
    That was during a spat between himself and Tiger. It's nothing.

Tiger v McIlroy at 1.30 today.

Some fascinating last 16 games, woods v McIlroy. I'd make McIlroy favourite here but woods has been playing great and got the better of him in the tour championship.

Stenson v Byregaard, battle of the Scandinavians. Stensons experience should give him the edge here but LB is on the rise and fearless.

Casey v Molinari, maybe the only man who could take Frankie down would be casey. Both in great form, both excellent in matchplay and should be a serious tussle.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Will they put on an extra channel for coverage of every match bar woods vs Rory as I guess we will see very little of other games.

• Advertisement

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Will they put on an extra channel for coverage of every match bar woods vs Rory as I guess we will see very little of other games.

Ya it was very annoying yesterday with all the matches going on yesterday and seeing wall to wall Rory, Tiger including interviews on the course and even a meaningless chip for Rory after the game was conceeded

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Is the live golf not starting on TV until 14:00, or is it on a different channel to sky sports golf?... Surely they can show live coverage and not yesterdays highlights?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

...Is the live golf not starting on TV until 14:00, or is it on a different channel to sky sports golf?... Surely they can show live coverage and not yesterdays highlights?...

They must just want to show 30 minutes of build up to the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No sign of live coverage till 2, stupidity

Tiger v Rory at 13.30, tv coverage starting at 14.00 big bo bo there from sky sports.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement