Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

So it's the start of the FedEx Cup Playoffs this weekend at Liberty National in NYC. Little bit of a complicated points system but proved to be great watching last year.

How the points system works.

Teetimes

Here is an unusual sight Gmac posted this morning walking down Wall Street on the way to the pro-am
    http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Graeme_McDowell/view/15838052

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Meanwhile in the Us they play on what has been voted the worse course on tour, they have made changes but will it be enough, going on the way Woods has played this season he won't be winning at this course as he didnt win here while hot he had a 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

so it's been a few months now, are people happy to continue with the thread or do people still want it closed?
    poll added.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

I think its been a good addition, works well for the mundane tournaments where their might not be a thread set up otherwise or much interest outside of the diehards.

I was a sceptic at the start but I voted to keep it anyway and continue to have separate threads for the big tournaments and majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'd prefer to get rid of it but if leaving it maybe change name to just PGA Tour Thread. The part in brackets looks a bit silly and new comers to the site won't understand it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Agree with both those posts.

There's been no hassle with anyone setting up a thread for the events that generate enough interest, this acts well as a "dumping" ground for the lesser events that never got a thread in the past or would ever be likely to get on in the future.

Agreed that the name is silly, a plain and simple PGA Tour Thread would be great. (We've had a few newbies coming on and asking what it's all about so to save hassle, a change is good)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I like it. I sometimes just lurk rather than engage the thread so having it this way ensures I don't miss anything.
    big_drive wrote: »
    ...maybe change name to just PGA Tour Thread.
    ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Agreed that the name is silly, a plain and simple PGA Tour Thread would be great.

But then how will anyone know that it's not epic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

What was once a beer, golf and tv is no more.
    I'm an alcoholic TV salesman.

sorry lads, meant to say, I dont want to turn this into a discussion about it. So please just vote and use the feedback thread if you want to.

Thanks.

Have they even showed a single shot of Rorys? Very much the Tiger show thus far.

• Advertisement

where did camilo come from...that smoother seeing send to be working wonders

Camilo's last win was back in 2010 - surprised he even made these playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

GreeBo wrote: »
    where did camilo come from...that smoother seeing send to be working wonders

Didn't he lose his card last year?

Some come back from him.

I wouldn't hold my breath, didnt he race into a first round lead earlier this year too. Forget which event. But he collapsed on day 2 and missed the cut

I wouldn't hold my breath, didnt he race into a first round lead earlier this year too. Forget which event. But he collapsed on day 2 and missed the cut

Yeah - the Honda classic. 64 followed by a 77. Ouch.

Apparently Rory's drive on his last hit a car path and bounced OB. Was at -2. Still can't believe they haven't showed anything from him today. He's had an eagle and 4 birds.

edit* Right on cue, they show him finish.

That's a sensational shot from Camilo. If Mickelson did that, we'd be watching replays for the next 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Rory level par with 3 double bogeys!!!

true, but seems like he has been working on swing changes so not surprising to have some false starts.

no idea how he got in though?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Have final day tickets for the Barclays. Very much looking forward to seeing Liberty National as it's such a uniquely placed course and is very well designed.
    SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Camilo's last win was back in 2010 - surprised he even made these playoffs.

Nice to see him doing well. His fall from grace was so sudden. Was playing some great stuff before that and looked to have the game to go on and win a Major, hopefully he'll find that consistency he once had.

edit - @Greenbo/golf mods, why is the poll hidden out of curiosity? :confused:

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Have final day tickets for the Barclays. Very much looking forward to seeing Liberty National as it's such a uniquely placed course and is very well designed.

Lucky you - jealous :( Hopefully there isn't much more bad weather due. Would love to get the chance to walk around this course and take in the views.

GreeBo wrote: »
    true, but seems like he has been working on swing changes so not surprising to have some false starts.

no idea how he got in though?

In at 110th, two top 10 (T9 & T10) finishes this year. Not sure, but think he's been playing on sponsors invites mostly.

Just goes to show that it doesn't take much to get in.

5 birdies thru 8 holes for Rory to get him to -5 and we have barely seen him. Watch most PGA events but the coverage the last two days has been particularly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

For anybody not watching the Barclays, fricking A1 quality leaderboard at the moment. Camilo right in at the business end of it as well.

The Main Man is tied for second.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Almaviva wrote: »
    For anybody not watching the Barclays, fricking A1 quality leaderboard at the moment. Camilo right in at the business end of it as well.

watching it alright ...
    Tiger going to go low today

Should be a cracking weekend ahead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Almaviva wrote: »

Because there's no pressure in this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Great round for Rory, -5

Glad Sky are highlighting the host broadcaster's "insulting" coverage (or lack of it) of Rory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Because there's no pressure in this :rolleyes:

Yes indeed. Confirms that post 'event' he really does have a mental block with the majors now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Glad Sky are highlighting the host broadcaster's "insulting" coverage (or lack of it) of Rory.

Pot calling the kettle black isnt it. When sky have control over coverage we get to McIlroy walking ever inch of the fair ways in slow mo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement