Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

Tiger v Rory at 13.30, tv coverage starting at 14.00 big bo bo there from sky sports.

Maybe sky can’t do anything about it as probably controlled by USA tv who can be crazy at times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

I'd back Tiger all day

Pissartist wrote: »
    I'd back Tiger all day

You will make many monies today so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Woods 1 up and playing some serious golf so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I missed the first 7 holes, has Woods been good or Mcilroy poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭plumber77

NDWC wrote: »
    I missed the first 7 holes, has Woods been good or Mcilroy poor?

Rory has missed a few good chances. Nothing exciting yet

I see self-proclaimed "brilliant match player" Paul Casey is getting a lesson from Frankie Molinari so far. This pleases me greatly.

NDWC wrote: »
    I see self-proclaimed "brilliant match player" Paul Casey is getting a lesson from Frankie Molinari so far. This pleases me greatly.

Its one match for feck sake, your hardly judging anything about a players match play ability from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

NDWC wrote:
    I see self proclaimed "brilliant match player" Paul Casey is getting a lesson from Frankie Molinari so far. This pleases me greatly.

I didn't think it was possible to dislike somebody I've never met as much as I dislike Casey.

Nick Faldo almost appears modest in comparison.

Rorys putting has been really poor.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Man that was an ice cold looking Woods

The big cat smells blood

Byreegaard giving Stenson a lesson so far. Didn't see that coming.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Its one match for feck sake, your hardly judging anything about a players match play ability from it

Of course not, in fairness to Casey he's a two time finalist here, my point was he bigged himself up in his interview yesterday as if he'd never lost a match in his life and now he's getting a beating.

As I write this he's just dunked one in the water too. The end is nigh for Paul
    I didn't think it was possible to dislike somebody I've never met as much as I dislike Casey.

Nick Faldo almost appears modest in comparison.

At least Faldo could back it up.

I agree wholeheartedly by the way

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Game over. Tiger don’t let up

Sheesh mcilroy played that hole exactly the way I normally would after Ive hit my best drive of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

From looking like going all square McIlroy manages to take 6 shots from middle of the fairway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

395 drive, wedge in hand and now he’s 2 down! That’s golf

Coverage is painfull seeing so few shots from everyone else i hope we dont get any more rory tiger pairings this year

That was a shocking mistake from Rory but he was probably a bit unlucky with the lie outside the bunker. If it landed in the bunker he probably would've won the hole. Still no excuse for the second shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Coverage is painfull seeing so few shots from everyone else i hope we dont get any more rory tiger pairings this year

If you can find Astro Golf channel they have english commentary and no advert breaks so show other matches too.

Drive for show putt for dough, pretty much sums up the tiger Rory match.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

You'd have to fancy Woods to beat Bjerregaard and he's arguably on the softer side of the draw at this stage with Molinari and Oosthuizen in the other half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Keano wrote: »
    395 drive, wedge in hand and now he’s 2 down! That’s golf Rory

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Kisner and oosthuizen played 2 holes in the length of time it took Sergio to line up and shank that putt

Have to agree with mcginely, woods is definitely beatable here.

A lot less pressure on Lucas than mcilroy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Have to agree with mcginely, woods is definitely beatable here.

A lot less pressure on Lucas than mcilroy as well.

I think it would be no harm for Tiger to lose at this stage and get some rest before Augusta...however he wont give it away.

He has arguably done the hard work by beating Rory...take the time off now imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I would guess you would be in the minority in hoping fir that. TV networks showing what most golf viewers want to see.

Frankie is some man for the matchplay.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Woods making $hite of mine and mcginelys opinion.

The big cat is loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Garcia lost that hole in pure idiotic fashion

• Advertisement

Sergio imploding

He should have known he'd get nothing from Kuchar. Sure look what he did to that caddy ;)

Karma for Garcia after Saudi perhaps?

Neither of these two can stay away from controversy it seems :pac:

Rikand wrote: »
    Sergio imploding

He should have known he'd get nothing from Kuchar. Sure look what he did to that caddy ;)

What is the exact ruling on concessions? Was wondering if Kuchar turned and walked away, would that count as a concession?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Garcia didn't even look up to see if Kuchar had given the putt. I don't have too much sympathy for him.

He went to tap it in, not thinking hed miss. He wasnt even looking for a concession, he was so sure he would get the 4 inch putt. He's only mad with Kuchar now because he missed it

NDWC wrote:
    Karma for Garcia after Saudi perhaps?

Saudi aside hes always come across as a bit of knob imo

Mushy wrote: »
    What is the exact ruling on concessions? Was wondering if Kuchar turned and walked away, would that count as a concession?

not a chance. Just foolishness out of Garcia and his Spanish temper is aggravating the situation

Saudi aside hes always come across as a bit of knob imo

Don't think many would disagree with that tbh

not a chance. Just foolishness out of Garcia and his Spanish temper is aggravating the situation

Thought as much, although was stupid even if got away with it

HighLine wrote: »
    I would guess you would be in the minority in hoping fir that. TV networks showing what most golf viewers want to see.

You're telling me people like watching Tiger for a minute before he takes every shot, each to their own but I'd prefer to see other golfers when all thats going on.
    I'm not much of a fanboy for any golfer mind

• Advertisement

Bjerregaard has come a long way in a few years in fairness to him

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-golf-european-idUSKBN0JS0MC20141214
    For the rest of the chasing pack going into the final round it was a day of horrors, most notably Denmark’s Lucas Bjerregaard, who trailed Grace by just a single shot going into Sunday, but carded a 17-over 89 as his game fell to pieces.

He eventually tied for 49th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Garcia is now telling Kuchar that he should have conceded the next hole to him to make up for the fact that the ref intervened in stating that Garcia's putt wasn't formally conceded. Kuchar appears not have been permitted by the ref to retrospectively concede the putt.

This is another example of the petulance displayed by Garcia and his immaturity at not taking responsibility for an act which is of his own making. Koepka had the courage to tell him to grow up after the Saudi incident. Maybe, other fellow pros should follow Koepka's example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

lostatsea wrote: »
    Garcia is now telling Kuchar that he should have conceded the next hole to him to make up for the fact that the ref intervened in stating that Garcia's putt wasn't formally conceded. Kuchar appears not have been permitted by the ref to retrospectively concede the putt.

This is another example of the petulance displayed by Garcia and his immaturity at not taking responsibility for an act which is of his own making. Koepka had the courage to tell him to grow up after the Saudi incident. Maybe, other fellow pros should follow Koepka's example.

Yeah I don't know why Garcia was expecting Kuchar to bail him out of his own cock up.

McGinley thinking that the majority of people would be siding with Garcia on this one. He's got the European blinkers on in a big way

(and as all the regulars here will know im a massive fan of Sergio's, but he was well foolish this time around)

McGinley thinking that the majority of people would be siding with Garcia on this one. He's got the European blinkers on in a big way

(and as all the regulars here will know im a massive fan of Sergio's, but he was well foolish this time around)

Paul is firmly an establishment figure. You won't hear him express an opinion in the manner of say a Johnny Miller or Nick Faldo.

I really want Woods and Garcia to win though because if people think the tension with the Kuchar match is intense right now. Sergio/Tiger could go off the charts!

I really want Woods and Garcia to win though because if people think the tension with the Kuchar match is intense right now. Sergio/Tiger could go off the charts!

Yes, that would be fun to watch although I think Tiger mentally would intimidate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Tiger always dresses well, except for the shoes. It's rare I see any pro wearing shoes I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Pa8301 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't know why Garcia was expecting Kuchar to bail him out of his own cock up.

To be honest, I don't think either of them emerges with any credit from that fiasco. Sergio demonstrated his petulance yet again. Kuchar has managed to alienate anyone who still had any respect for him after caddygate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

Googled Sergio just now. One of the questions that came up was "where did Sergio Garcia grow up"?

Not sure what to make of that question as it clearly hasn't happened yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement