Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Poor chip from Rory on the Par 3 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Pot calling the kettle black isnt it. When sky have control over coverage we get to McIlroy walking ever inch of the fair ways in slow mo!

Sky hardly ever have control over coverage. They may show some replays alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Pot calling the kettle black isnt it. When sky have control over coverage we get to McIlroy walking ever inch of the fair ways in slow mo!

Completely untrue mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

watching it alright ...
    Tiger going to go low today

so much for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Are they being a bit harsh on Tiger there about his on course conduct? I think they're spot on.

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »
    Are they being a bit harsh on Tiger there about his on course conduct? I think they're spot on.

Whilst I think they have a point, they are being a little harsh. It wasn't like he had a Garcia moment in the bunker. I'm guessing if other players got as much air time as Tiger then we would be seeing more tantrums.

Also the Sky commentators suggesting Rory doesn't have tantrums - he has (honda classic this year) and does, like most pros on tour.

Rory finishes with a birdie to get to -6. Gmac needs to birdie the last or he will miss the cut and the rest of the playoffs.

Edit* Actually think Gmac will have enough points to be able to play next week regardless if he misses the cut this week.

Hopefully we get to sea bi more of Rory tonight, starting to look like he can compete again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Gmac needs to birdie the last or he will miss the cut and the rest of the playoffs.

Edit* Actually think Gmac will have enough points to be able to play next week regardless if he misses the cut this week.

Actually, GMac started off the playoffs in the top 30 and will probably make the 3rd round even if he misses the cut next week. His projected position after missing the cut this week is 43rd and the top 70 get through to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Watched a bit of this last night on the ipad with the sound turned down, Jazuz Tiger should be taken to one side and talked to about his tantrums, very poor example to be setting, I've never seen anyone behave as he has done the last day or so.
    Also, live feeds from the PGATour app for those without Sky....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    , I've never seen anyone behave as he has done the last day or so.

Are you serious?? It really wasn't that bad. Go put "pga golf tantrums" into youtube to find some real tantrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Is it just me or does there seem to be something wrong with tiger every other week "injury" wise?

Going around like a grandad with arthritis today after sleeping on a mattress that was too soft.

God love him!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

ForeRight wrote: »
    Is it just me or does there seem to be something wrong with tiger every other week "injury" wise?

Going around like a grandad with arthritis today after sleeping on a mattress that was too soft.

God love him!!!!!!

ya he's never been right since that car crash a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

Not exactly seeing much of McIlroy!!

big_drive wrote: »
    Not exactly seeing much of McIlroy!!

Tied with Tiger for 7th and we've hardly laid eyes on him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

I've not seen all tonights coverage but i've yet to see any shot from Rory

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well I've dipped into the round from time to time and seen Rory, just saw him on the 18th, great fighting round from Tiger.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Looking like it's gonna be a good finish to this tonight. Tiger just had a massive hook into a hazard and dropped to his knees in apparent pain.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Looking like it's gonna be a good finish to this tonight. Tiger just had a massive hook into a hazard and dropped to his knees in apparent pain.

This apparent injury is really annoying me with him.

If you have a dodgy back don't try and mince a 3 wood as hard as you can to reach a par 5 in 2 surely????

Then drop to your knees like Elias in platoon for sympathy!

If you have a dodgy back don't try and mince a 3 wood as hard as you can to reach a par 5 in 2 surely????

Exactly - he is grimacing bending down every time to pick his tee up and continues to attempt a 120mph swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I haven't seen this many bogeys, bad shots and brutal course management from the field since the Captains Plate.

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    I haven't seen this many bogeys, bad shots and brutal course management from the field since the Captains Plate.

Woodland hitting that driver was one of the biggest brain farts I've seen in a long time.

If he is so badly injured to be dropping to his knees why doesn't he just retire and try get himself right for the fed ex finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

If he is so badly injured to be dropping to his knees why doesn't he just retire and try get himself right for the fed ex finals?

not a chance he'd do that when there is a chance of a win

He'd lose a bucket load of points/places if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,829 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can't believe the size of Nick Faldo's head. Huge.

He'd lose a bucket load of points/places if he did.

But he is guaranteed to get in isn't he or am I understanding it wrong?

If he damages his back with repetitive strain today all those points will be insignificant when he can't play

If he damages his back with repetitive strain today all those points will be insignificant when he can't play

Yeah - I think he has enough points that he could probably wd today and miss the next 2 weekends and still be in the top 30 for the playoff finals.

I wouldn't hold my breath, didnt he race into a first round lead earlier this year too. Forget which event. But he collapsed on day 2 and missed the cut

Good call right there about Villegas ^^. After an opening 65- he collapsed and has finished at 2 over. He is right on the line to progress to next week currently at position 100 on FedEx points.

• Advertisement

Not 100% about the workings of it, but I assumed a WD would mean that he'd be given last spot of those that missed the cut.

Struggling through these last few holes and finishing in top 10 and then resting next week might be better than a WD now (As long as he doesn't do serious damage)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement