Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Very odd by Brooks there! Hopefully Rory keeps this up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

keopka couldn't keep missing fairways and keep getting up and down. rory to plow on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Poor clubbing there from Rory and caddy. They both hit 6 iron at a 215 yard par 3 two holes ago and now Rory goes up a club for the same yardage. Strange

You know that all holes don’t play the same direction or elevation, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

fullstop wrote: »
    You know that all holes don’t play the same direction or elevation, right?

No I didn’t actually. Never thought of that!! Koepka hit 6 iron and the commentators were saying it was too much club for Rory. Better to be short of flag on these back to front greens anyway.

Another perfectly played hole. Not sure Iv seen him this focused and determined in a long time. Think he is enjoying the severe challenge that Koepka is bringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Some display so far. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Rory: "I wonder what 15 million buys in the pro shop?"

Brooks: "Gotta lift more weights."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Another perfectly played hole. Not sure Iv seen him this focused and determined in a long time. Think he is enjoying the severe challenge that Koepka is bringing.

He was shown up a month ago paired with Koepka when the pressure was on. I think hes trying to prove a point.

Hes put some serious pressure on Brooks and has forced to bogeys that you wouldn't have bet on in a month of Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

good to see keopka being brought down to earth a bit. just shows the pressure rory is putting him under.

• Advertisement

good to see keopka being brought down to earth a bit. just shows the pressure rory is putting him under.

Remarkable to witness the machine miss successive short putts. Rory is inside his head, and on the way to glory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Don't rule out shuffles

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Great to see Rory playing like this after the ups and downs of the past few years.

Tee shot at 15 is huge. On the green he wins the fedex surely

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

A bogey here will not be worst but that’s enough of them Rory!

Big par save coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

All it'll take is Schauffle to knock in that long putt and it'll be tense

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭sliabh 1956

2 bogies in a row he needs to steady now

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not sure I can watch this!!

Oh great, he has decided to make it interesting!!!

17 and 18 are birdie chances so not going to rule Xander out at all

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭sliabh 1956

that was a poor drive surely he cant blow it

• Advertisement

Making this unnecessarily difficult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Great save when he really needed it

Savage putt

Huge save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Looks like he will see this out now. That par save was massive.

Delighted for him. Gutsy performance all day.

That was a serious par under the pressure. Great wood off the tee and ite looking good now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Wow!

Bringing home the bacon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Superb birdie and really should seal the win now even with a Xander eagle.

• Advertisement

Brilliant birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Great stuff by McIlroy. The fact that he took on and beat Koepka is a huge boost. He can set his eyes on number one again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Players Champion, Tour and Fed Ex cup champion, not a bad year by any standard. No. 1 SG on PGA Tour too just to put the cork on it.

I think when Rory reviews the year he'll be pretty satisfied with his achievements.

I have a feeling we'll see him winning majors next season. It's the obvious target after this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Top 10 in 73% of his starts this season. Serious consistency.

What a ****ing victory. Answered plenty of questions and critics today. Very focused and clinical performance. Haven’t seen that in awhile and I think this rivalry with Brooks could be very good for him.

Now needs to get a major next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Delighted he won it with lowest score of the weekend as well

Serious bottle shown by Mcllroy to take Brooks down, phenomenal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

blackwhite wrote: »
    Delighted he won it with lowest score of the weekend as well

This, this was Huge. He didn't need the benefit of additional strokes. Said earlier it really hit him hard in the beating he took of Brooks in Memphis and he hated it.

Brooks is great winner but a terrific loser. Always there to complement the winners did it with woodland and did it with rory today.

It's a shame they big up the money so much for me it takes away the fact hes the best player over 42 events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That was ****ing fantastic.

• Advertisement

Rory was making his way through the crowd does a double take and goes back and signs a Galeic football (i think) for a kid. That kid will go far :D

15 mil win and 2.5 or so I think i read for casey (more then anyone individual win this year) is obscene money, when some golfers are struggling on tour to make ends meat.

its all just a little wrong and I know this is just bonus **** for the golfers and gives the pga something to show after the majors are over

But it needs tweaking im not sure how, but 15 mil going to someone locked up for life is wrong.

The money full stop is ridiculous but a better trickle down effect will keep the tours alive for longer.

At the end of the day to be top level costs a lot i'd imagine and i dont want to watch 30 player tournaments every weekend.

Which is possible if we keep piling money up to the top of the Christmas tree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Leaderboard without handicaps for anyone interested

Rory McIlroy -13
    Xander Schauffele -10
    Paul Casey -7
    Brooks Koepka -6
    Adam Scott -5
    Chez Reavie -5
    Tony Finau -4
    Bryson DeChambeau -4
    Justin Thomas -3
    Kevin Kisner -3
    Jason Kokrak -3
    Hideki Matsuyama -2
    Jon Rahm E
    Tommy Fleetwood E
    Patrick Reed +1
    Gary Woodland +1
    Sungjae Im +1
    Louis Oosthuizen +1
    Rickie Fowler +2
    Webb Simpson +3
    Matt Kuchar +3
    Marc Leishman +3
    Brandt Snedeker +4
    Corey Conners +4
    Charles Howell III +4
    Abraham Ancer +5
    Justin Rose +5
    Patrick Cantlay +9
    Lucas Glover +10
    Dustin Johnson +13

Piss poor from Cantlay and DJ

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What a win that was for Rory. There was a lot different look and attitude about him this week. Played superbly and putted very nicely. You could see he wanted revenge and to take down Brooks and it was to nice to see that Brooks is fallible and does feel the pressure.

Maybe the huge disappointment of how the open went and his reaction afterwards is the catalyst to really get him going again in the majors. Huge springboard into next year for him now. Sensational year on the PGA tour but not winning or truly contending in a major will hurt him.

✅3 wins
    @PlayoffFinale
    @THEPLAYERSChamp
    @RBCCanadianOpen
    ✅1st in #FedExCup
    ✅1st in SG: Total
    ✅1st in top 10s (14) 14 out of 19 events.
    1st in scoring average (Vardon trophy) 69.06

On another note; the hugely talented Viktor Hovland won the event on the Korn ferry playoffs and earned his pga tour card. Expect big things from him and outside beside to make european Ryder cup team.

Also, go watch Louis Oosthuizan’s twitter, he has another song for his fans!!! :D

Does Rory get prize money for winning yesterday, I know he gets the 15M but is there prize money outside of that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Keano wrote: »
    Does Rory get prize money for winning yesterday, I know he gets the 15M but is there prize money outside of that?

The 15M is the prize money now, innit? They've wrapped up the Tour Championship money and FedEx money so it's a bigger number for the headlines.

bren2001 wrote: »
    The 15M is the prize money now, innit? They've wrapped up the Tour Championship money and FedEx money so it's a bigger number for the headlines.

Yeap exactly, the tour championship fund has been amalgamated into the end of season bonus prize fund

15 mil win and 2.5 or so I think i read for casey (more then anyone individual win this year) is obscene money, when some golfers are struggling on tour to make ends meat.

its all just a little wrong and I know this is just bonus **** for the golfers and gives the pga something to show after the majors are over

But it needs tweaking im not sure how, but 15 mil going to someone locked up for life is wrong.

The money full stop is ridiculous but a better trickle down effect will keep the tours alive for longer.

At the end of the day to be top level costs a lot i'd imagine and i dont want to watch 30 player tournaments every weekend.

Unlike Europe, no one finishing inside the top 125 on the PGA Tour is struggling to make ends meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Meet, not meat. Also, Hovland finished T2 in that tournament last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

They do (did) this on purpose, the idea was to lose your card if you weren't making enough money to make a career out of it so you didnt have people flogging a dead horse and getting themselves in debt.

Since then, mainly because of TV, things have gone a little awry.
    150th earned €628K this year, which is a decent living by anyones standards, and thats before sponsorship etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement