Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Yeah - I think he has enough points that he could probably wd today and miss the next 2 weekends and still be in the top 30 for the playoff finals.

But he would still be giving up lots of important points.
    Places are converted to points for the last event,if you are in the top 5 at the end it pretty much means you win the whole thing if you win the last event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Poor finish by Rose. 3 putt from 25 feet to finish one behind Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

His back seems fine after a good shot.......................................strange that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

GreeBo wrote: »
    But he would still be giving up lots of important points.
    Places are converted to points for the last event,if you are in the top 5 at the end it pretty much means you win the whole thing if you win the last event.

Yeah that is true - I was just highlighting that he could actually get through but like you say, even after the quasi points reset for the final- you still need to be right up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Felexicon wrote: »
    His back seems fine after a good shot.......................................strange that

:) he was still clearly in pain after that wedge.
    The way Tiger has conducted himself this week shows he doesn't care too much for the word outside his bubble.
    He doesn't care what we think if he's acting the maggot.
    I don't think he's putting on a show for sympathy from us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

Awful 3 putt from Rose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

oooooh so close

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

179 yard nine iron from Woodland :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What a great evenings golf, well done Scotty, very close Tiger!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

And Scott wins it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

woodland and kuchar blew it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Jaysus....had this on when the leaders were at the 9th/10th and Chappell was -13 and Kuchar -11, some collapse by both on the back 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Felexicon wrote: »

Agreed, for the 3 wood he pulled into the water, to me he looked like he completed his swing fully and then suddenly had a problem when he saw where the shot went.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

I counted them showing a total 7 shots of Scott in the final round, I know it was a tightly bunched field and that he came from the pack but when we see them showing Tiger walking up to his ball and lining up his putt for a minute it's a bit frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Woodland hitting that driver was one of the biggest brain farts I've seen in a long time.

I'm probably defending the indefensible here but I kiiind of saw some logic in that it would have allowed got him 20-30 yards down the fairway and allowed him to go in with a 6 or 7 iron as opposed to 4 or 5 iron hence getting more loft and being able to stop it on the ever hardening greens. In saying that though, just a par there would have got him into a playoff..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

After attending yesterday, just adds more to the fire in needing to play the course. Attended a dozen events or so over the years, but that setting coupled with the layout is right up there.

Disappointing a fair few golfers faded on Sunday, was setting up for a great finish. Well, except for Kuchar who I just plain don't like :pac: A lot of people were confident Tiger was going to hold that putt at 18, real shame he didn't. Scott was a deserving winner though.

Highlight was Mickelson's round which I followed for the most part. It was special, and tbh he should have gone lower. Edged some putts early on before taking the course apart through the middle of his round.

Not sure if it was shown on TV, but the Fowler and Blixt pairing was another highlight for what Blixt wore more than anything.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

^

Good stuff, PGA Youtube has it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

What's going on at the Deutsche Bank Championship? Has play being delayed for weather or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Only begins tomorrow my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

YayaBanana wrote: »
    What's going on at the Deutsche Bank Championship? Has play being delayed for weather or what?

Starts tomorrow so that it finishes on Monday which is a public holiday in the US

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Ah ****, feel like a dumbass now for rushing into the bookies before 1. Was looking forward to watching it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Has Tiger officially declared himself fit?

Surely given he's top of the standings he could afford to take this week off to rest the back. It'll be a huge ask for him to compete 4 weeks in a row.

Rory will be interesting to watch this week. A course he won on last year, if his game is coming around he should contend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

SSK wrote: »
    It'll be a huge ask for him to compete 4 weeks in a row.

Break next week so would not 4 weeks in a row.
    But he has done it in the past to not play all of the events and still contend/win so I think if he felt he absolutely needed to he probably would have taken this week off to give himself a 2 week break.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

SSK wrote: »
    Rory will be interesting to watch this week. A course he won on last year, if his game is coming around he should contend.

I think it's coming around alright ..
    would be great to see Rory, Tiger, Scott and Phil all playing good golf come Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

His back will be fine until he starts to fall apart on Monday.

I see Sky are relegating the golf coverage to the red button tonight apart from an hours coverage at 10pm by which time the majority of players will be well finished.

Even the red button coverage from 8-10 will miss most of the action today. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭baboo800

Mickelson currently -7 after 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Phil Mick is -7 after 9 holes. Can he keep it up?

EDIT: Baboo beat me to it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement