Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Phil finishes with a bogey on the last for -8. Rory -2 through 3..... defending champion.......

No coverage even on the red button/xtra. Very poor from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Phil finishes with a bogey on the last for -8. Rory -2 through 3..... defending champion.......

Pity he couldn't keep it up. With four holes to go, all fairly long, I reckon he'll do well to get four pars. Although it tends to be the short "easy" holes that he makes a mess of. I'm following on the tracker by the way, so I might be a bit behind.

Pity he couldn't keep it up. With four holes to go, all fairly long, I reckon he'll do well to get four pars. Although it tends to be the short "easy" holes that he makes a mess of. I'm following on the tracker by the way, so I might be a bit behind.

Yeah - too many mistakes from him today after what looked like a promising start. But just after getting a birdie there to go 1 under. Resorted to watching the golf channel's coverage.

Yeah - too many mistakes from him today after what looked like a promising start. But just after getting a birdie there to go 1 under. Resorted to watching the golf channel's coverage.

I swear, when I make predictions in other sports I'm normally quite good. Golf analysis just clearly isn't my thing.

• Advertisement

I swear, when I make predictions in other sports I'm normally quite good. Golf analysis just clearly isn't my thing.

Don't think anyone can predict Rory's scores this year :P

Rory follows up on the next with a 2nd shot 285 yard carry 3 wood leaving about 10ft for eagle.

Rory follows up on the next with a 2nd shot 285 yard carry 3 wood leaving about 15ft for eagle.

10.5 ft according to the tracker. In fairness I did kind of backtrack after my initial prediction. Of course, when you essentially make two conflicting predictions, there's always a chance you'll get one of them right.

Yeah - changed it to 10ft when looked at the shot tracker. Missed it anyway but gets the birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Great run of holes from Sergio

Come on Sergio! :D

• Advertisement

Another good birdie chance missed by McIlroy. If he had have made that, I think he'd have owed me a nice big cheque seeing as how I seemed to jinx him...but in a good way.

I can just see that McIlroy in 13 yards from the hole in 'native area.' Can anyone update me on what sort of lie he's in.

He was in light rough in front of the grandstand and got relief. He then half duffs his chip not reaching the green and is looking at around 8ft for bogey.

Great 2nd round from Garcia for a total -13. Just a shame we didn't get to watch either of his rounds.

And Rory has a double on the last for a -1 total - probably another missed cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Whats going on with Sky? Are they showing last years coverage?

They said they were promised 4 hours coverage from the host broadcaster today but only have 3 now. Will start in 15min. Highlights from last week on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

They said they were promised 4 hours coverage from the host broadcaster today but only have 3 now. Will start in 15min. Highlights from last week on now.

Jesus lads that's desperate though, isn't it.

Here was me watching it for 10 minutes thinking where the hell did Gary Woodland come from and why weren't they showing Garica...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

The cut is looking touch and go for Rory right now. -1 will probably make it, but it could go to -2.

GMac playing a bit better, but both Rory and GMac will have to up their game if they want to make it to the final week of the playoffs.

Couple of crazy chip shots by Mickelson in the last few holes, the man is a genius great to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Nice 66 by GMac to sail through the cut. Rory looks safe on the cut line at this stage. Bit of a meltdown for Phil. Could be playing with Tiger tomorrow.

His most amazing recovery shot of the day. Shots like this is how he somehow managed to go around in even par to stay at -8.

All Phil could say about it afterwards was, "I've not seen anybody else hit that shot...it sure looks good."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^
    Maybe we should all be calling him figjam...

Phil at it again. Took a baseball like shot from the bunker, his ball way above his feet to the green, great shot.

It definitely was an incredible shot made look easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Actually finding this a bit boring. They're tearing the course apart. Far to easy for these lads at this stage of the season

Felexicon wrote: »
    Actually finding this a bit boring. They're tearing the course apart. Far to easy for these lads at this stage of the season

I enjoyed the little bit of the Welsh Open at Celtic Manor I seen today more than this, although not near the same quality field the course was much tougher with a lot of players slipping up.

Nothing boring about it at all imo. Good to see a packed leaderboard up the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

2 hrs 50 minutes for 9 holes....

• Advertisement

Benny Cake wrote: »
    2 hrs 50 minutes for 9 holes....

Their placing the ball too, you would think it would speed up things a bit but suppose they are faffing about the ball more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement