Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh, the PGA Championship website has the rights to the first leaderboard anyway, so they'll be about 5/10 mins ahead of the PGA website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yeh, the PGA Championship website has the rights to the first leaderboard anyway, so they'll be about 5/10 mins ahead of the PGA website.

A good 15/20 mins , the PGA shot tracker is pretty useless this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

callaway92 wrote: »

That explains why the shot tracker was about a hole behind the TV coverage last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Haotong Li on fire today. -4 through nine holes for a two shot lead currently. He's capable when starts like that of going really low regardless of how difficult the course is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

abff wrote: »
    That explains why the shot tracker was about a hole behind the TV coverage last night.

Exactly ya.

Same with European Tour if any of you use that for your leaderboard.

Obviously for normal Euro Tour events they update their own score (so are quicker than any other source), but for Majors, my place of work provide them with the leaderboard/hole by holes for all players which we score from the official source for the major (ie pgachampionship.com). Which explains the lag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lowry going well

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Lowry going well

Yes, doing very well. Nice to see Seamus Power also making the cut - needs two good rounds to make the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

abff wrote: »
    Yes, doing very well. Nice to see Seamus Power also making the cut - needs two good rounds to make the playoffs.

Minus 3 is slipping outside the 65

60 to 62

Needs to stop for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Brooks likely to miss the cut? Anyone see what happened him on 10?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Minus 3 is slipping outside the 65

60 to 62

Needs to stop for him

Looks like -3 will probably be OK, but by no means certain. Currently tied 62nd, with 5 players still out on the course at 3 under and another 5 on 2 under. Hope he makes it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Anyone know of a channel (US or otherwise) that are showing today's featured groups? Sky are broadcasting events I have no interest in instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Golfchannel probably?

HighLine wrote: »
    Anyone know of a channel (US or otherwise) that are showing today's featured groups? Sky are broadcasting events I have no interest in instead.

The last couple of weeks Sky have had the featured groups on the red button whilst they showed European Tour golf, presumably it's the same this week, I'm just not certain. Regard US channels I doubt any of them show it as the featured groups is a subscription thing you'd have to pay for over there. If you are desperate you could subscribe to PGA Tour Live and pay to see it!

Just saw that it will be on the red button. Silly to relegate the playoffs to the red button IMO.

Just saw that it will be on the red button. Silly to relegate the playoffs to the red button IMO.

It sucks for me as I piggyback my brothers sky go account, but the red button is not an option on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It sucks for me as I piggyback my brothers sky go account, but the red button is not an option on it.

You must miss the days when you could get a fuzzy BBC Northern Ireland picture with a coat hanger as aerial and if you were lucky they'd show a bit of golf between Armagh v Derry in the Ulster Championship.

Are you referring to the woman's golf. Give it a try its pretty good.

Are you referring to the woman's golf. Give it a try its pretty good.

Oh I have before, far too slow for me to watch. I'd much prefer to watch the first FedEx Play-Off event, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Women's golf is great to watch. I like it. This is the Open too.

Missing the featured groups all the same. Tiger on at 1.37 and no idea where to go. :(

Missing the featured groups all the same. Tiger on at 1.37 and no idea where to go. :(

They are streaming featured groups on the PGA Tour's twitter below. Will probably only be for a few hours.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1296418455260991493?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

It can be good, but it can also be very bad. where the fun in watching them only drive it 270 or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Conditions look brutal for the women. I like the women's game but it's got bigger slow play issues than the mens game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Northern Trust on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

First Up wrote: »
    Northern Trust on now.

Koepka pulled out with a bad knee, he is gone for this season, because he is outside the top 70

Koepka pulled out with a bad knee, he is gone for this season, because he is outside the top 70

This season starts again the week after the playoff's I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

etxp wrote: »
    It can be good, but it can also be very bad. where the fun in watching them only drive it 270 or something like that.

Well if you practice really hard and hit the gym then maybe you can hit it 270 too! :D

Watching ladies golf is much more beneficial for 99% of all golfers.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Well if you practice really hard and hit the gym then maybe you can hit it 270 too! :D

Watching ladies golf is much more beneficial for 99% of all golfers.

:mad::mad:

I remember Butch saying on Sky before that the amatuers should pay more attention to the women than the mens game.

FYI I am currently on a gym program for more speed so I will report back when I can hit it 270. 101 swing speed at the moment so a long way to go.:eek:

:mad::mad:

I remember Butch saying on Sky before that the amatuers should pay more attention to the women than the mens game.

FYI I am currently on a gym program for more speed so I will report back when I can hit it 270. 101 swing speed at the moment so a long way to go.:eek:

Women use course management much more since they typically can't rely on bomb and gouge.

I think its much more relatable for us amateurs. They hit it the same distance but much more accurate and skillful.

You get to see plenty of long irons and fairway woods. And how they plot their way around the course.

• Advertisement

I think its much more relatable for us amateurs. They hit it the same distance but much more accurate and skillful.

You get to see plenty of long irons and fairway woods. And how they plot their way around the course.

Coincidentally I watched this last night

He outhits her by miles yet she schools him on every hole. (he is off 4, she is a pro)

GreeBo wrote: »
    Coincidentally I watched this last night

He outhits her by miles yet she schools him on every hole. (he is off 4, she is a pro)

I couldn’t listen to him, watched about one hole of it. He is shockingly bad from what I saw for a 4 handicap. I think he is taking the piss in the video. No way can he be that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I couldn’t listen to him, watched about one hole of it. He is shockingly bad from what I saw for a 4 handicap. I think he is taking the piss in the video. No way can he be that bad!

He played consistent with one or not far off

But I agree at the start it felt like he was deliberately taking bad shots

gypsy79 wrote: »
    He played consistent with one or not far off

But I agree at the start it felt like he was deliberately taking bad shots

Based on this (and other) videos he seems to be going through the horrors at that moment.

59 watch scottie schelfer par 5 on last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

59 watch scottie schelfer par 5 on last

Make it a 58 with a birdie birdie finish. Only 85yards left in 17 for his second and then reachable par 5 to finish.

• Advertisement

Make it a 58 with a birdie birdie finish. Only 85yards left in 17 for his second and then reachable par 5 to finish.

Gets it done with a birdie on the last

Some round !

DJ 4 under through 3 and a 5ft putt for eagle could be an interesting day

DJ 4 under through 3 and a 5ft putt for eagle could be an interesting day

Birdie eagle birdie eagle birdie!!! 7 under thru 5!!!!

Dustin trying to beat that 59 !

• Advertisement

Make that 9 under thru 8. ****ing hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This is gonna be some crazy shooting. Is it just me or is he not being shown?

Mushy wrote: »
    This is gonna be some crazy shooting. Is it just me or is he not being shown?

Not really probably something to do with the coverage switch though as they are showing lots of fitzpatrick when he disappears from coverage should means its switched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

DJ -10 thru 10

Out in 27 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Is it a pitch and putt course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Happy4all wrote: »
    Is it a pitch and putt course?

every course is pitch and putt for DJ

This is mental stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all