Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

New season starts in 2 weeks :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bit belated, but I'm delighted for Stenson. Hopefully a Major for him next year is on the horizon.
    Yeah, definitely rooting for Stenson all week. When he's on, he's brilliant.

That said, could you imagine if Jordan Speith was to pull off a surprise win?
    The John Deere was no fluke, he's damn good!

Speith had he gone on to win would have been no surprise tbh, really hope he progresses further next season
    New season starts in 2 weeks :D

Is the start of the new season still not January?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Is the start of the new season still not January?

US Tour is now October-September so its a 2013/14 season, I suppose to make the Tour Championship an actual season ending event.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

RikkFlair wrote: »
    US Tour is now October-September so its a 2013/14 season, I suppose to make the Tour Championship an actual season ending event.

Don't like the change. For me, the season should begin at Kapula in Hawaii (in January) like it has done in years past. The WGC event aside, the next few weeks are small time events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

So Tiger won the player of the year, although he was a shoe in for it I'd rather to see the player of the year finish a little stronger. In fairness he had the work for this done since May. If you had asked him if he was finished winning at that point he'd have given one of his trademark tigerish dry retorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

m r c wrote: »
    So Tiger won the player of the year, although he was a shoe in for it I'd rather to see the player of the year finish a little stronger. In fairness he had the work for this done since May. If you had asked him if he was finished winning at that point he'd have given one of his trademark tigerish dry retorts.

Good point. Still, it was good to see common sense prevail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

How do you know Tiger won? Think voting has still another hour to go? Also, he had his last win in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    How do you know Tiger won? Think voting has still another hour to go? Also, he had his last win in August.

Ya sorry forgot about the Bridgestone, I had his last win at the players in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Without a shadow of a doubt he deserved it, major or not, he still beat the best in the World in Bridgestone and in the Players, two huge events.

Hopefully a few Irishmen will dominate the PGA Tour next season, big Darren is moving over!!

• Advertisement

Dufners putting is looking very yippy, hope not tbh I love his play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Paul Lawrie's suit shrink in the wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Zach looking good to take down the Hyundai Tour of Champs.
    Jordan Spieth starting 2014 where he left of last year is 2 shots behind with Dustin another 1 behind that.

9 holes to go and I'll be finding out who wins tomorrow

Dustin to a foot for an eagle on the 9th. Mightn't be going to bed after all.

Edit: Dustin gets his eagle but he was actually 5 shots behind before that.
    Bed it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

PARlance wrote: »

Nope, it's only the 3rd round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Ah balls, thought it was the last round aswell, off to bed with me so!!

Nope, it's only the 3rd round :)

Was seeing if someone would bite... My post was after midnight so tomorrow = Tuesday ;)

(Was that believable? :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Anyone see Living Golf on CNN with Shane O'Donoghue at the weekend?
    There was a segment on all the outspoken Christians on tour now. A lot of the new guys are (which I've no problem with)

In an interview Webb praise my lord and saviour jesus christ Simpson said that being a Christian gives him an advantage on the course. You've got me believing Webb, I'm returning that Dr. Bob book Santa brought and getting the bible instead

idle wrote: »
    Anyone see Living Golf on CNN with Shane O'Donoghue at the weekend?
    There was a segment on all the outspoken Christians on tour now. A lot of the new guys are (which I've no problem with)

In an interview Webb praise my lord and saviour jesus christ Simpson said that being a Christian gives him an advantage on the course. You've got me believing Webb, I'm returning that Dr. Bob book Santa brought and getting the bible instead

I have to say it sets my teeth on edge when golfers who have just won a tournament thank the good lord Jesus for allowing them to win. Whatever your views on religion, it smacks of incredible arrogance to claim that you were the one chosen by god to win this particular tournament. What makes you so special?

The first time I particularly noticed this was when Zach Johnson won his first (and so far, only) major. I wonder what has he done to offend the lord since then?

Having said all that, if it allows a golfer to believe that god is helping him to make a putt, that belief could help him to sink it. Mind over matter and all that (which I guess is the point you were making in the first place).

abff wrote: »
    I have to say it sets my teeth on edge when golfers who have just won a tournament thank the good lord Jesus for allowing them to win. Whatever your views on religion, it smacks of incredible arrogance to claim that you were the one chosen by god to win this particular tournament. What makes you so special?

The first time I particularly noticed this was when Zach Johnson won his first (and so far, only) major. I wonder what has he done to offend the lord since then?

Having said all that, if it allows a golfer to believe that god is helping him to make a putt, that belief could help him to sink it. Mind over matter and all that (which I guess is the point you were making in the first place).

Ah but the lord works in mysterious ways abff :D
    That lad (the lord) really has it sorted, he can get away with anything but when something goes right it's all down to him ;)

I'm not a big fan of the new wave of bible belters on tour and the speeches they make, but you have to respect them for it, at the end of the day I get the impression that religion plays a big part in their lives...unlike some Rappers/ Movie Stars/ Other Sports etc etc stars that lead a life of sin (SIN, I tell ya) and give the same "I'd like to thanks Jesus" speeches.

At least with the golfers it seems very genuine and that has to be respected.
    It has the potential to give them a pretty good mental edge over others, the problem is that more and more of the young guys seem to be devout Christians on the tour.... maybe just maybe, there could be an opening on the Tour for a 30 y.o 17 HC'er from Ireland that finds Buddha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In fairness to the lads - they are non discriminatory when it comes to God.

They would use it to explain - good and bad in their lives. I've lived in deep south in America and it is another world. The lads are 100 % genuine in their believe.

I'm looking for something to cure my own putting ills , OTT swing and fat irons and poor chipping. I'll try anything :o

In fairness to the lads - they are non discriminatory when it comes to God.

They would use it to explain - good and bad in their lives. I've lived in deep south in America and it is another world. The lads are 100 % genuine in their believe.

I'm looking for something to cure my own putting ills , OTT swing and fat irons and poor chipping. I'll try anything :o

You might need to take out a group deal with all the religions to sort that out Fixde :p

I got very close to god in Aug/Sept when my putting went, spoke to him 18 times each weekend.... Oh God, not another 2 footer....

I'm not sure why I wrote "which I've no problem with" because I have a problem with it.

I'd love to see the reaction if they were told they couldn't mention religion in their speeches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I think we'll leave the religious beliefs and comments to the players lads and we'll just chat about the golf.

Agreed Charlie

Looking forward to the action tonight and the envy of the boys playing in sunny Hawaii

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I think we'll leave the religious beliefs and comments to the players lads and we'll just chat about the golf.

Thank God for that Charlie -

Joking man, we will move on. :)

Any number of lads could win this. Should be an exciting few closing holes

PARlance wrote: »
    Zach looking good to take down the Hyundai Tour of Champs.
    Jordan Spieth starting 2014 where he left of last year is 2 shots behind with Dustin another 1 behind that.

Well I thought he'd win it last night but considering they had still the fourth round to play it was a bit premature...
    Zach still leading by 2 with 2 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Was hoping Spieth would take the win,
    Zach has great bottle and seems to be in the zone all day!!

• Advertisement

Dossy wrote: »
    Was hoping Spieth would take the win,
    Zach has great bottle and seems to be in the zone all day!!

Fair play to Zach - great round of golf. Speith continues to impress - finishing birdie birdie to get second on his own. I won't be surprised to see him challenging for the majors this year and in the years to come.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement