Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

abff wrote: »
    Great round by Paul McGinley. 5 birdies and no dropped shots.

Caught a bit of it last night, looked like he was playing solid enough.
    As a side note, it's great to see someone look like they're enjoying the game as much as he looked he was yesterday, very refreshing to see a smile after a birdie etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

I know it's a prom am and supposed to be a bit of fun celebrity sideshow but they are instead making the pros the sideshow. There is some good golf going out there but instead we are focusing in on Peyton Manning and Boomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Looks like McGinley will miss the cut, +3 after 5 holes for t92. Would have been great to see him play pebble beach again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Thank Christ this is just an annual show. Daly at +11

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Thank Christ this is just an annual show. Daly at +11

This event is a right pain. Not often I don't bother to watch a golf tournament but hopefully this evening it might be a bit better.

• Advertisement

Fairly impressive if Jimmy Walker goes on to claim his 3rd victory of the season already. To put that in perspective, other than Tiger, the most wins any other player on the PGA Tour had in 2013 was 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Nervy finish from walker, hoping for the playoff with johnson:D

Now it's definitely gonna be interesting...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Can't believe the last couple of minutes of action here. Be some collapse all things considered.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Can't believe the last couple of minutes of action here. Be some collapse all things considered.

Talk about crawling over the line

• Advertisement

Northern Trust Open underway. Spare a thought for Scott Verplank who is 10 over thru 7. His first hole started off like this.....

Screenshot_4_zps8eadd443.jpg

Sounds like how I started today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Nice up and down there!

And he has just withdrawn. The opening quad must have stuck in his head. Elsewhere... Dustin Johnson will be hard to beat this weekend.

Anyone know who Jason Allred is? 8 under thru 13 so far.... impressive golf.

*edit* make that -9 thru 14.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

How did that put from Johnston stay out?!

Looks like it is going to be a good close last round tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Yeah looks like a good finish could be in hand!
    Charl to beat off the Americans!! :P

Woah... I thought Bubbas drive was going to take the head off someone there. Looked like it was going to smash into the spectators 40 yards ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

PARlance wrote: »
    Woah... I thought Bubbas drive was going to take the head off someone there. Looked like it was going to smash into the spectators 40 yards ahead.

And his usual case of too busy giving out to someone who 'distracted' him to even shout fore!

Love Faldos comment, "Bubba will hear you if you change your mind!". Brilliant, really like Faldo as a commentator.

Mr Matchplay Poulter knocked out of World Championship Matchplay after 1st round!! Ouch... that has got to hurt. Hopefully finds some form before The Ryder Cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Dustin Johnson gone too.

Few of the lower seeded Europeans going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

How good was the match between Larazzabal and Spieth? Apart from the 18th of course. Can't help but be massively impressed by Speith. He still wasn't even born when I was sitting my Leaving Cert... Jesus I am old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Amazing comeback by GMac, thought he was well gone. Shows great grit to dig out a win like that

big_drive wrote: »
    Amazing comeback by GMac, thought he was well gone. Shows great grit to dig out a win like that

Yes. You'd have to say that was a pretty big collapse by Woodland all the same.

Mr. Larson wrote: »
    How good was the match between Larazzabal and Spieth? Apart from the 18th of course. Can't help but be massively impressed by Speith. He still wasn't even born when I was sitting my Leaving Cert... Jesus I am old.

He's a star in the making if he can just put four rounds together. He's had the one poor round per a tournament this year and for that alone, he'd have won once or twice already. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win a handful of tourneys come the end of the year, perhaps including a major too.

Painful experience for a fan following Rory today who missed being struck by his shot, but didn't miss the cactus.

Bg3vxInIMAA09fP.png

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Painful experience for a fan following Rory today who missed being struck by his shot, but didn't miss the cactus.

Bg3vxInIMAA09fP.png

What a prick.

Haha... Buba didn't bother calling fore and almost hits his wife! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

At this stage Bubba for me is a pain in the .....
    With his moaning and blaming everything around him.

but then he hits a soft faded driver onto a par 4. He plays shots nobody else is even thinking of. And I go, that is original. It is cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

gman127 wrote: »
    And his usual case of too busy giving out to someone who 'distracted' him to even shout fore!

Love Faldos comment, "Bubba will hear you if you change your mind!". Brilliant, really like Faldo as a commentator.

Yes as we get to see Bubba more , this God loving nice guy from the South , all tears.....

Is a bit ,,,,,,,,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement