Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Yes it was all well intended by Sky , but perhaps Referee was right to ignore tv.

Why should any single competitor have advantages / disadvantage because a tv crew. In the case of Rory there is always a tv crew.

Same issue comes up at The Open when tv inform on course reporting of possible location of ball.

This was probably altered when someone rang in after observing a ball move.

Must look up what actual rule is on external advice.
    Hardly is allowed ,

If it only gives them definite information on some groups or should still be used IMO. In Rory's case I don't think there was any question on whether it crossed or not just the location. Wayne Riley and Jones the right spot so there was no reason for the official to dispute it and if he was getting info in his radio it was wrong.

Rory got a big advantage in the call given by the official.

On the hole Reed made treble on they have a spotter watching to see if the ball crossed the hazard.

Giving the location of a ball isn't external advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

i believe he drank rat poison as a 2 year old and it attacked his nervous system
    as young fella he suffered allot from anxiety.
    great to see a guy like this reach such heights. he can be a role model to allot of young people.
    true grit.

my new fav player!
    & great name!
    He actually got a two year ban as an amateur for taking beta blockers to help with the symptoms. The ban was eventually reduced to nine months, but either way, was harsh imo. I assume (without looking it up) that beta blockers are a total no-no in golf and you can't get a TUE for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rory played the first four holes lovely but then threw away a shot badly at the 5th. Still now tied for the lead at 4 under.

Who knows what wins this. It’s playing harder than yesterday going by stroke average.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rory played the first four holes lovely but then threw away a shot badly at the 5th. Still now tied for the lead at 4 under.

Who knows what wins this. It’s playing harder than yesterday going by stroke average.

Double bogey now though on a par 5

That was just a ridiculously stupid double from Rory. No course management at all and his caddie weak as usual

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

If Matthew Fitzpatrick parred the 17th he would be my favourite to win. 4 under leads the way. Could easily see a one under total of 287 be enough to win this prestigious tournament. Absolute carnage again today. Rough is US Open style. Great tournament though I for one am totally enjoying. compare to the throwing darts style of golf we see far too often on the other side of the Atlantic. Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Rory gone.

fullstop wrote: »
    Rory gone.

Some capitulation again in a final round. Played perfect golf on first four holes too. So strange. Has plenty of scar tissue heading towards Augusta

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

40 strokes , Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,830 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Im looking good this week again. Great player.

• Advertisement

3 under could win this yet. So many strange decisions by players

Im the favourite now. Looking the most solid

Hatton in the drink on 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Hatton in the drink on 11.

Sticking his finger up at the lake. Classless.

Or maybe not Im. I’ll have to jump back to my original call yesterday of Leishman!!!

Although not sure anybody wants to win this.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Sticking his finger up at the lake. Classless wanker.
    Well the lake just took two shots off him, so I'd say it's ahead. :)

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Well the lake just took two shots off him, so I'd say it's ahead. :)

He’s a disgrace on the golf course. Always whining like a spoilt brat. The brits constantly making excuses for him yet they’ll slate the like of bubba/Sergio for the same behaviour.

Ah man this cracking up is funny to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hatton in more trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah man this cracking up is funny to watch

errrr take that one back??

LOL

Still think Leishman is fav btw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

He’s a disgrace on the golf course. Always whining like a spoilt brat. The brits constantly making excuses for him yet they’ll slate the like of bubba/Sergio for the same behaviour.

...and you have Mark Roe then with the guff about how Hatton ‘used’ to have a bit of a temper. Can’t seem to accept that Hatton hasn’t changed a bit

• Advertisement

Hatton in more trouble

Lad is a clown - couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    ...and you have Mark Roe then with the guff about how Hatton ‘used’ to have a bit of a temper. Can’t seem to accept that Hatton hasn’t changed a bit

‘Good fun to watch - Wears his heart on his sleeve’

Clichéd guff. You know damn well if it was an international player he’d be berating them.

gypsy79 wrote: »
    errrr take that one back??

LOL

Still think Leishman is fav btw

I might have to. Not that he wasnt acting like a tool though

callaway92 wrote: »
    ‘Good fun to watch - Wears his heart on his sleeve’

Clichéd guff. You know damn well if it was an international player he’d be berating them.

How in God’s name does Mark Roe have a job with Sky sports. He’s absolutely horrendous

How in God’s name does Mark Roe have a job with Sky sports. He’s absolutely horrendous
    The pitch of his voice would send you to sleep if the inanity didn't annoy you awake.

It is like Hatton actually has a mental problem. Would be on the same range as turrets.

Unless - na , just a spoilt ****e.

He seems to then calm a bit ?

His caddy looks like he takes a drink, fair play to him. You genuinely couldn't pay me to work with him. Well , I'd be sacked after 1 round.

Hatton has a win in America before Fleetwood. And fairly sure some commentator last week was harping on bout Fleetwood not winning last week

Rory gets another T5 finish, think that's like 7 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,955 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Big win for Hatton, puts him back in the Ryder cup frame.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Rory had 5 birdies and an eagle on Thursday. Only 7 birdies since.

Not what he wants to bring into next week when defending and later for Augusta.

Still to much scar tissue for the Masters.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Hatton with that big tournament win. Only his second tournament back after wrist surgery too I think so some performance.

Kept his nerve after the poor double on 11. I guess he knows from experience how to deal with his anger issues and can easily pass them off now.

Can completely understand people’s views on him and his behaviour. I don’t mind some of it but it gets tiresome after a while. Most players I know all give out about stupid shots they hit or bad luck they get. At least he has personality which is missing on the tour and what is needed. It gets people discussing golf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement