Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

AdamD wrote: »
    That could be never

I'm betting that Pharma companies will find a cure and or vaccine. Billions in it for them.
    Too much money at stake for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

NZ had very few cases to begin with, they went on lockdown around the same time as us but had far fewer cases. It helps that there country is in the middle of nowhere.

It helps when they closed their borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

PARlance wrote: »

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,953 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

PARlance wrote: »

True but did you expect anything different from FG?

When they did close their borders they had far fewer cases.

I've a buddy mine over there remember him telling me all about their lockdown which was similar to over here. It was a few weeks in, think we had 400 odd dead at the time which was being heralded, I asked him what the death toll at the time was (border had just closed) his response was 1. Easy to "defeat" it when there's so few cases.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

12.45 for coverage to start of the featured groups. Good pairings too, as has been said it's like a major field

• Advertisement

Just on some of the Irish lads during Lockdown.
    Floridans
    I think Lowry's has been playing allot over in Florida the last 4 weeks.
    https://twitter.com/ShaneLowryGolf/status/1256297138486743044?s=20
    Probably was having a few cold beers with McDowell during the lockdown

Olympians
    Heard Seamus Power on GolfWeekly pod. Hes based in North/South Carolina and he was saying his game is in good shape.
    Worth a listen.
    https://youtu.be/8HXZgquaL7E?t=868

Harrington has been out in the garden. Legend.
    Must watch
    https://twitter.com/ConorSketches/status/1241483419084828673?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

I'm betting that Pharma companies will find a cure and or vaccine. Billions in it for them.
    Too much money at stake for everybody.

Speaking of Pharma companies check out Bryson!!!

willabur wrote: »
    Speaking of Pharma companies check out Bryson!!!

He's packed on some mass in the last 12 months, impressive!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 51,829 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just watching the golf on t.v.
    No atmosphere without a crowd there.
    Not holding my interest much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Just watching the golf on t.v. No atmosphere without a crowd there. Not holding my interest much.

Total opposite for me. Loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,301 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Harold Varner could be more consistent he'd be challenging for world no.1. He's got game. A incredibly nice guy too. If you ever meet him on a golf course with a kid he gives them so much time and it's all natural, never feels like he's doing it because he feels he has to.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If Harold Garner could be more consistent he'd be challenging for world no.1. He's got game. A incredibly nice guy too. If you ever meet him on a golf course with a kid he gives them so much time and it's all natural, never feels like he's doing it because he feels he has to.

Who? And What?

edit.
    just saw leaderboard. Varner!
    but still stand over my What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Yes Harold Varner the 3rd is good, but the next version is going to be great :rolleyes:

What a terrible naming convention though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Only got to watch a few minutes last night but love the Mic's hope to watch a good bit over the weekend just to listen an get a insight.

First Up wrote: »
    Total opposite for me. Loving it.

There’s was a hole in one and not a cheer. Dead duck for me.

It was still a hole in one, which is the bit that actually matters.

Just watching them playing that level of golf is enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great to have it back. Really don't miss the fans at all, certainly not the mash potatoe type. Thursday and Friday can be a bit subdued even with crowds. It'll be interesting to see what it's like coming down the stretch if it's close.

I happily watched EuroPro Tour events and the likes before. Crowd doesn't add much to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Mr. Jordan Speith might have figured out how to drive the ball again. Looking in great form today.

Already shaping up to be a tremendous leaderboard

Just thinking that there's no lucky breaks in the rough with no fans trampling down grass.

• Advertisement

Rory sticking it to Rahmbo and Brooks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Rory sticking it to Rahmbo and Brooks.

Three pars through the next three holes and he is in contention for sure!!

Be a great first weekend back!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fine top of the leaderboard anyway.

Does take a little getting used to no crowd, but not necessarily a negative either

Edit: was Spieths first put for birdie or par? Graphic said par, was a long putt, missed one back then a second, so a 4 putt. Only got a double though. Assume graphic was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

That 4 putt would cause you to tell an 18 handicapper to have a long look at themselves

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just thinking that there's no lucky breaks in the rough with no fans trampling down grass.

Also no backstopping with grandstands and then some handy drops for them. It’s a small bug bear of mine. They get a drop right beside the green instead of being 20 yards over a green

Also no backstopping with grandstands and then some handy drops for them. It’s a small bug bear of mine. They get a drop right beside the green instead of being 20 yards over a green

Yes, so nice to see them play a course the way it was designed to be played.

If you cant enjoy top level golf from the best players in the world without a crowd shouting, maybe it's people shouting you like and not golf

This Collin Morikawa lad could be very special. Think he is definitely the best out of the new big three out of Wolff, hovland and himself.
    He is set to make his 22nd straight cut since he began on tour. Tiger made 25 so that would be some record to beat.

If you cant enjoy top level golf from the best players in the world without a crowd shouting, maybe it's people shouting you like and not golf

No atmosphere on the moon either maybe you’d like to live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

if u betted on john rahm or kevin na u wud need valium and a litre of whisky for ur nerves

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement