Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    He didn't but they assume he will play the memorial in 5 weeks time.

Im surprised hes not out there sooner. Strange hes not out sooners, and stranger he hasnt made any indication then. Maybe just extra safe with the covid thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Also good to see Spieth up the top of a leader board again. He certainly makes the game more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Banner fights back

Justin Rose has split with coach Sean Foley. Foley had Tiger Woods, Hunter Mahan, Sean O Hair as part of his coaching resume during the early naughties. However Danny Willett and Cameron Champ are still being coached by the Canadian.

Rose has now ditched his coach, caddie and his golf club manufacturing company Honma in the past few months. The 2013 US Open champion has no plans for a permanent swing coach at this time. Justin played very well last week again and I feel that a win might be just around the corner for the 2018 Fed Ex Cup champion.

On a separate note Justin and his wife have created a mini British based women's golf tour for female golfers with decent prize money too. A class act from the Rose family. Ladies European Tour golf is in serious trouble so this initiative by the Rose's will be much greatly appreciated by those LET and British based LPGA Tour golfers looking to get some match practice, whenever professional ladies golf does return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Justin Rose has split with coach Sean Foley.

Rose has now ditched his coach, caddie and his golf club manufacturing company Honma in the past few months.

& Brooks has ditched his tache.
    These changes will work out better for Brooks!

Koepka has no club manufacture contract
    https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gear/gear-news/brooks-koepka-whats-in-the-bag-158612

+1 after 5 holes in Harbour Town
    Looks a little off balance without that extra weight on the lip

He's also paired with Reed today. Doubt there will be much chat after his "building sandcastles" jibe.
    Although they appear to be getting on fine here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Strange, today is Thursday and the thought of checking in on the early scores simply never came into my mind, just so used to no golf

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very narrow there, reminds me of alot of the courses over here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

BoldReason wrote: »
    Also good to see Spieth up the top of a leader board again. He certainly makes the game more interesting.

After his 3rd hole today in the first round of the RBC Heritage today, he was 3 over after a triple bogey 7.

After 10 holes he was 2 over and struggling. He was well down the leaderboard, very much nearer to last than first.

Well guess what. He just made 7 birdies in his last 8 holes to finish 5 under, and incredibly has the joint current clubhouse lead.

Speith really was dialed in with his irons and IMO its great to see the Texan make a welcome return to form.

After his 3rd hole today in the first round of the RBC Heritage today, he was 3 over after a triple bogey 7.

After 10 holes he was 2 over and struggling. He was well down the leaderboard, very much nearer to last than first.

Well guess what. He just made 7 birdies in his last 8 holes to finish 5 under, and incredibly has the joint current clubhouse lead.

Speith really was dialed in with his irons and IMO its great to see the Texan make a welcome return to form.

Spot on. Was following along on shot tracker myself. Great to see.

Not sure if it's a new thing or not. I know the masters app have it but the 3D shot tracker is pretty cool. Only noticed it today. How long has that been a thing?

BoldReason wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a new thing or not. I know the masters app have it but the 3D shot tracker is pretty cool. Only noticed it today. How long has that been a thing?

Since last week at Colonial BoldReason 're the impressive 3D shot tracker.

Regarding the masters I just cannot wait when it returns in November. The shot tracker app is just incredible if last year had anything to go by. You could actually see a 3D version of the actual player itself shot by shot. Looking forward to seeing last year's British amateur champion James Sugrue in particular for sure. Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Thomas rahm mcilroy all struggled today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Harbour Town is a lovely looking golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Do many here play Draft Kings?
    Just curious. I've played a few times in $3 and $5 Pod listener leagues. It's difficult to win but good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Just curious. I've played a few times in $3 and $5 Pod listener leagues. It's difficult to win but good craic.

No, I've heard of it but never actually looked at it until now, I presumed it was just an American thing, I'm curious now tbh, feel free to pm me any pointers/tips for playing the game ;)

CMcsporty wrote: »

Ya I play it, its good craic the big field tournis are next to impossible though and payouts are all top heavy so, better to play smaller ones when starting out or at least not going too wild in the big field ones

Nick Watney has withdrawn from the RBC Heritage after testing positive for coronavirus. He played the first round of the tournament too. The first player on the PGA Tour to test positive for covid 19.

Nick Watney has withdrawn from the RBC Heritage after testing positive for coronavirus. He played the first round of the tournament too. The first player on the PGA Tour to test positive for covid 19.

I will not be surprised if this tournament was abandoned in the coming hours. Contact tracing is underway but surely the players in his group along with the scorers, and possibly a lot of players will be tested. This is not unexpected development but worrying at the same time.

Apologies to Nick Watney for my misunderstanding of your predicament.

Played with Vaughn Taylor & Luke List. Saw interviewers yesterday been very close to the golfers as the walked the fairways yest.
    All 2m today!

Wow. According to a PGA Tour statement he developed covid 19 symptoms on the Friday prior to the tournament, felt unwell but decided to play on and played the first round, carding a 74. So he stayed around the tournament site throughout the week!!! Seriously bad judgement on the part of Watney, the consequences could be huge. Cannot see how the tournament can continue beyond today. Its just too risky IMO.

Complete ignorant:mad:

edit
    saw clarifications - not a complete ignorant so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭bren2001

Wow. According to a PGA Tour statement he developed covid 19 symptoms on the Friday prior to the tournament, felt unwell but decided to play on and played the first round, carding a 74. So he stayed around the tournament site throughout the week!!! Seriously bad judgement on the part of Watney, the consequences could be huge. Cannot see how the tournament can continue beyond today. Its just too risky IMO.

I think you're misinterpreting the statement. He had symptoms this morning, informed the tour before arriving at the course, administered a test, returned positive, and withdrew.

That's my understanding of the tours statement.

https://www.pgatour.com/company/2020/06/18/pga-tour-statement-nick-watney-wd-rbc-heritage-coronavirus-covid-19.html

Ya I play it, its good craic the big field tournis are next to impossible though and payouts are all top heavy so, better to play smaller ones when starting out or at least not going too wild in the big field ones

I threw my lot into the $1m field! With Morikawa, Speith, Grace, Kisner, Poulter, Poston. Currently in 91,164th position:pac:

Just to clarify re Watney. I thought it was last Friday, where Nick Watney had started to show symptoms. If it was just today that he was feeling unwell, then Nick gets a free pass. Sorry Nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Reports are he was on the range that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Remind me wrote: »
    Reports are he was on the range that

PGA legal team moving fast on you there bud.

Too much fist bumping and arm bumping etc. Why can't the just not touch each other. Ridiculous. Just verbally thank each other and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

The most shocking thing to me is that Watney still has a card

Strange he was allowed onto the facilities with symptoms. The PGA protocol seems a bit odd.

Are we finished for the night?

• Advertisement

Are we finished for the night?

Yeah, lightning close to the course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement