Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Greebo at it again, comparing the vast variation of golf courses to football pitches. My lord will it ever end.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Greebo at it again, comparing the vast variation of golf courses to football pitches. My lord will it ever end.

Still waiting on examples of what doesn't suit him, take your time, its clearly a tough point to back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

qwabercd wrote: »
    Harrington did say a few times that there was tension between them for quite a while but that they're back on good terms again.

& Noted that they had completely different characteristics & viewpoints in life!
    There was definitely ill feeling. Sergio got over it when he finally won a Major.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/the-open-2013-handbrake-turn-by-padraig-harrington-drives-sergio-garcia-to-distraction-8723197.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

GreeBo wrote:
    Still waiting on examples of what doesn't suit him, take your time, its clearly a tough point to back up.

He came 41st, in his first time playing it since 2009 (when he finished 51st.)

Something tells me he has his reasons

GreeBo wrote: »

Ever hear of the phrase horses for courses? Same logic applies here. I have no need to give you examples, as your argument is ridiculous. Of course certain courses suit some players over others depending on their style of game and their strengths.

To say otherwise makes me think you are on the wind up once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Sources have confirmed there are multiple positive tests for COVID-19 on the PGA Tour, in addition to the one reported earlier this morning.

From Brian wacker on twitter. Usually very reliable.

Let the fun begin. See how the tour handles this. It was a farcical bubble they had invented

Edit: Brooks has to WD as his caddie has Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Looks like the tour will be cancelled tonight 7.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

This absolutely sucks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya - Commissioner is speaking at 7pm.

Generally PGA are quick to update their entrants for tournaments but have held off here on Koepka which would lean me thinking they’ll put this one off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Ever hear of the phrase horses for courses? Same logic applies here. I have no need to give you examples, as your argument is ridiculous. Of course certain courses suit some players over others depending on their style of game and their strengths.

To say otherwise makes me think you are on the wind up once again.

And yet its so obvious but not one of you can give a single example, interesting.:rolleyes:

Is the problem that you are loathe to say that Rory lacks some basic skills that are required to play courses? (like putting, or wedge play for example)

I note the personal attacks continue unabated and unmoderated.
    #shocked

And yet its so obvious but not one of you can give a single example, interesting.:rolleyes:

Is the problem that you are loathe to say that Rory lacks some basic skills that are required to play courses? (like putting, or wedge play for example)

#shocked

Im well aware that McIlroy has strengths and weaknesses, that is not the point you are making at all. It is you that seems to not realise that his strengths benefit certain courses more and his weaknesses are more pronounced on other courses.

I am quite #shocked also, at your apparent ignorance of this very basic fact that applies to all golfers. Given you like to think yourself quite a knowledgeable person to the game of golf, I will assume you are on the usual passive aggressive wind up on here.

If I were Brooks, I'd nearly be hoping I get COVID now, so there's less of a chance of having to miss the PGA Championship and guaranteed victory in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

How are you the #1 golfer in the world but have courses that don't suit you?:confused:

What bits dont suit him? Hitting fairways, greens and holing putts?:rolleyes:

Tiger has avoided courses his whole career

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Webb Simpson not playing this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Chase Koepka, having just qualified for it is pulling out too.

I see that Champ is getting some serious heat, supposedly went in and saw physios, etc... in the clubhouse after he was rested but before hed gotten back results. Few calls for a suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Chase Koepka, having just qualified for it is pulling out too.

I see that Champ is getting some serious heat, supposedly went in and saw physios, etc... in the clubhouse after he was rested but before hed gotten back results. Few calls for a suspension

Sure suspend him for two weeks :pac:

Im well aware that McIlroy has strengths and weaknesses, that is not the point you are making at all. It is you that seems to not realise that his strengths benefit certain courses more and his weaknesses are more pronounced on other courses.

I am quite #shocked also, at your apparent ignorance of this very basic fact that applies to all golfers. Given you like to think yourself quite a knowledgeable person to the game of golf, I will assume you are on the usual passive aggressive wind up on here.

If its such a basic fact then surely you can give some examples of why a course wouldn't suit a player rather than continue with the ad hominems?
    What is it about Harbourtown that doesn't suit McIlroy?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

#shocke
    d

If you have a problem with a post use the report function and if you have issues with how this forum is modded you know the channels to take. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Keep the personal stuff out of it. Attack the post and not the poster is one fo the basic rules around this place.

#shocked
    The best golfer of all time, Tiger Woods has never won at Riviera. Even is his pomp he couldn't get to grips with it. He himself says "well, I have historically never really putted well here.”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Almost deserves it's own thread but with the current levels of Covid cases on the PGA tour after just a few tournaments, did they come back to early?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

slave1 wrote: »
    Almost deserves it's own thread but with the current levels of Covid cases on the PGA tour after just a few tournaments, did they come back to early?

Community transmission is rampant in the US. They could be catching it anywhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

#shocked

Players themselves will say certain courses suit their eye or their stock shot shape. Why are you arguing this point, its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Id imagine what Greebo is looking for is aspects of the course that don't suit him. tight Fairways where he would be landing the ball meaning he cant use the driver off the tee probably. Although with his wedge play you would think he would be better off a bit further back from the green.

slave1 wrote: »

I think just the US is a sh1tshow when it comes to COVID-19, it's all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Players themselves will say certain courses suit their eye or their stock shot shape. Why are you arguing this point, its ridiculous.
    You can pick out one or two courses per year that don't suit a golfer. We haven't had a course that doesn't suit Rory since the resumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

GreeBo wrote:
    I think just the US is a sh1tshow when it comes to COVID-19, it's all over the place.

Personal responsibility is a huge thing. Clearly somebody wasn't responsible enough and others trusted that person.

• Advertisement

But what does "suit their eye" actually mean?
    Like I can understand if a course requires mainly left to right tee shots and you struggle to fade the ball, but I find it hard to accept that the best player in the world can have such fundamental issues in their game.

Other than tee shots, every other shot is straight to the green, so even that shouldnt mean that you finish 50 spots down the leaderboard, with mcIlroys length, even if he has to hit an iron to the corner of the dogleg he can still reach any green in 2. Sure, it might mean that he doesnt win but he shouldnt struggle on any course, if he is actually the best player in the world.

What aspects of Harbourtown dont suit his game? If this is all so obvious, why cant anyone name one and shut me up?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement