Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It didn't I don't think, his own pigheadedness found himself out.

Pigheadedness is exactly what risk/reward is checking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Weak enough field this week cos the WGC and the PGA are coming up. Finau still won’t win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I'd love to see Finau win, one of my favourite golfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

etxp wrote: »
    I'd love to see Finau win, one of my favourite golfers.

I second this! Still relatively young at 30. I fancy him to win a few big ones. & maybe a Masters one day.
    Actually i predict he wins a Masters before RMcI.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I second this! Still relatively young at 30. I fancy him to win a few big ones. & maybe a Masters one day.
    Actually i predict he wins a Masters before RMcI.:cool:

I've backed him in the last 4 majors. think he could potentially win a major before a normal tournament. Big Call I know.

• Advertisement

If toni wins a major it'll be a back door one, like he really seems to let the pressure get to him then most when in winning positions.

It's a shame as I echo what's been said he seemsike a really good guy

etxp wrote: »
    I've backed him in the last 4 majors. think he could potentially win a major before a normal tournament. Big Call I know.

Tis a big call....but entirely possible! He has a very decent record in the Majors.
    My own take on him is he needs to finish out and win a big PGA event before he can win a Major.
    Only been playing in the Majors since 2015. 15 Majors appearances and 8 top 20s and just 3 MC's.
    Saw him at Portrush and he played some exceptional golf. Even on that Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

3m open is a great chance for Finau to get a win. Putting isn't difficult which is a big advantage for him. Fairways are very wide too. Approach is key and he's good at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

DJ +8 through 14 holes at the 3M Open, looking like he won't break 80 for the third round in a row. And he won on his last start before that! Crazy game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

El Sueño wrote: »
    DJ +8 through 14 holes at the 3M Open, looking like he won't break 80 for the third round in a row. And he won on his last start before that! Crazy game

These things happen. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he turns the game around and goes and win either the WGC or the PGA in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    These things happen. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he turns the game around and goes and win either the WGC or the PGA in the next few weeks.

Yup I'd say he's taking it easy after the win, reckon he'll focus again and contend at the PGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I see Fleetwood finally made the trip over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

DJ withdrew. Wonder what’s going on with him.

fullstop wrote: »
    DJ withdrew. Wonder what’s going on with him.

DJ Quad on the 18th. Not quite Roy McEvoy.

Shot 9 in the hole
    Shot 8 186 yds to green, 2 ft 9 in. to hole
    Drop in right fairway, 185 yds to hole
    Shot 7 Penalty
    Shot 6 180 yds to water, 43 ft 9 in. to hole
    Drop in right fairway, 194 yds to hole
    Shot 5 Penalty
    Shot 4 182 yds to water, 38 ft 7 in. to hole
    Drop in right fairway, 195 yds to hole
    Shot 3 Penalty
    Shot 2 198 yds to water, 35 ft 7 in. to hole
    Shot 1 332 yds to right fairway, 209 yds to hole

Cracking up & down for the 9 to be fair

El Sueño wrote: »
    Cracking up & down for the 9 to be fair

David Simms would not approve

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Brooks and Fleetwood in a battle to make the cut

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Brooks and Fleetwood in a battle to make the cut

Both missed the cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

eagle eye wrote: »
    3m open is a great chance for Finau to get a win. Putting isn't difficult which is a big advantage for him. Fairways are very wide too. Approach is key and he's good at that.

Finau going the wrong way this eve.
    I need him to rescue my DK team. 4 of my 6 players MC!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Finau going the wrong way this eve.
    I need him to rescue my DK team. 4 of my 6 players MC!

If you have 4/6 MCs you're done regardless of where he finishes.

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    If you have 4/6 MCs you're done regardless of where he finishes.

Unless ons it cash games lots of the high percentage players missed the cut.

Most big comps had 1-2 % 6/6

Although 4 seems impossible to come back from tbf

If Finau wants to be considered a top player he should be winning tournaments like this from the position he's in.

I hope he does it tonight but I wouldn't be massively confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Unless ons it cash games lots of the high percentage players missed the cut.

Most big comps had 1-2 % 6/6

Although 4 seems impossible to come back from tbf

Sorry for off topic posts here, but I've went from never hearing about draftkings to subscribing to fantasy national and entering 20-40 teams in comps the last 3 weeks, help!!! Oh and a 6/6 what's that? Rare as rocking horse droppings that!

Anyone see the drop Werenski took on 16?! Extremely dodgy to say the least.

He’s getting some negative publicity with his Blue Lives Matter wristband as well.

Sorry for off topic posts here, but I've went from never hearing about draftkings to subscribing to fantasy national and entering 20-40 teams in comps the last 3 weeks, help!!! Oh and a 6/6 what's that? Rare as rocking horse droppings that!

6/6 is when all of your selected players in DK make the cut.
    I had 2/6! Finau and Thompson. I was in a league of 128,000 players and finished 63,000
    I don’t think anybody who fin in the top 20 had either Thompson or Long. That has to be a first?

fullstop wrote: »
    Anyone see the drop Werenski took on 16?! Extremely dodgy to say the least.

He’s getting some negative publicity with his Blue Lives Matter wristband as well.

The drop was as much stupid as it was strange.
    No advantage to him.

And I don’t even want to know what blue lives is about.
    I’ll bet it’s also stupid and strange!

6/6 is when all of your selected players in DK make the cut.
    I had 2/6! Finau and Thompson. I was in a league of 128,000 players and finished 63,000
    I don’t think anybody who fin in the top 20 had either Thompson or Long. That has to be a first?

We should or can start a thread here on it or maybe in the fantasy forum if we want to discuss it, for now and future maybe just so we arent clogging up here.

Have to run it by the appropriate mods first though

The drop was as much stupid as it was strange.
    No advantage to him.

And I don’t even want to know what blue lives is about.
    I’ll bet it’s also stupid and strange!

He should have been penalised IMO. He was clearly trying to drop in such a way to get it to roll back into the hazard twice, so he could place it the third time, but in doing so he actually dropped it straight into the hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Blue Lives Matter is a countermovement in the United States advocating that those who are prosecuted and convicted of killing law enforcement officers should be sentenced under hate crime statutes.

So instead of getting life or the death penalty, it'll be life or the death penalty AND it'll be because they hated cops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Bryson's carry on is bordering on cheating at this stage. Trying to get relief from an ant hole because his ball is behind a stick? C'mon, FFS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement