Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭castor 1

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Bryson's carry on is bordering on cheating at this stage. Trying to get relief from an ant hole because his ball is behind a stick? C'mon, FFS.

He’s an embarrassment.
    The ant hole was about a meter away from his stance and wasn’t affecting him in the slightest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Bryson's carry on is bordering on cheating at this stage. Trying to get relief from an ant hole because his ball is behind a stick? C'mon, FFS.

Double bogey ..justice

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Happy4all wrote: »
    Double bogey ..justice

I'm delighted. He's the only player I have a string dislike to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

I think he is absolutely horrendous but jesus do I love the fact that he exists - he is almost cartoonish

• Registered Users Posts: 38,529 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brooks near where DeChambeau was yesterday waiting to take his shot. Says to caddy, look there's an ant. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

2 excellent rounds from Todd

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

eagle eye wrote: »
    Brooks near where DeChambeau was yesterday waiting to take his shot. Says to caddy, look there's an ant. :D

Should develop into a good little rivalry, Bryson is well able for him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Should develop into a good little rivalry, Bryson is well able for him.

Yeah it's funny, you know you're a grade a knob when Keopka is beating you in the personality stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Rahm with 3 doubles today. All the big names seem to been having write off rounds recently.

The lack of form/consistency from the top players since the restart is noticable. 8 of the worlds top 9 have missed cuts since the restart, and there has been rounds in the 80s thrown in there.

Wide open next week for the PGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Lowry playing well this week but can’t seem to make any medium distance putt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

If Lowry could make the odd putt he would be right up there. Very good tee to green but always inches away with the birdie putt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Koepka is awesome. Whether he does enough to win this or not that birdie on 17 to stay in it was class.

tobsey wrote: »
    Koepka is awesome. Whether he does enough to win this or not that birdie on 17 to stay in it was class.

And then he does that on 18...

JT is the man. Cool that he had Bones on the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Some of these pitches from JT on the back nine have been insane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    And then he does that on 18...

Commentators curse! Fair play to JT. He cleaned that up very well over the last few holes. He got some breaks but took advantage of it. Koepka will be kicking himself though. Great to see them two in form going into next week. You wouldn’t be surprised to see the two of them right up there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

A few people have mentioned draftkings over the last while so I've set up a thread on it for anyone interested

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058102272/1/#post114229127

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SuburbanHomeboy

Does anyone know what time the leaders go out on Sunday next? Thinking of getting Sky Sports through NowTv for it but don't want to be up half the night, which, with the 8 hour time difference is a possibility. Couldn't see anything on pgatour.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Harrington getting a good laugh out of him on Newstalk there. Saying, like, if you dont even know some of the rules of golf at this stage and you're calling a ref over for every little thing that you shouldnt be even thinking about getting relief for, then you have no business being a professional golfer. As a professional, it's your job to know the rules of golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Rikand wrote: »
    Harrington getting a good laugh out of him on Newstalk there. Saying, like, if you dont even know some of the rules of golf at this stage and you're calling a ref over for every little thing that you shouldnt be even thinking about getting relief for, then you have no business being a professional golfer. As a professional, it's your job to know the rules of golf.

Was he on newstalk this evening or the golf weekly pod?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rikand wrote: »

yea but harrington wasn't saying he shouldn't be looking for relief via the rules. he was just saying that if you are going to question a referee, then you better be damn sure you know the rules inside out and back to front.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would love to play this course. Looks lovely.
    A “ thinking man’s course “ as described earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Doesn't look that thinking mans to me, looks pretty straight up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,529 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's wide open even though Brooks says it's between ten players. He is very confident.
    Guy I like after watching that round is Adam Scott. Out late and his game looked really good after a long break. He has an early start tomorrow and I think he has a great chance. The greens are pretty flat and that helps lesser putters a lot. I can see him having a great day tomorrow.

Having said that, if you.put a gun to my head I'd pick Brooks.

Big if but if Rose finds the feel with his irons he could actually be dangerous been a while for him though and his short game won't bail him out forever

Easy say now but tbf day had been trending week on just in results but over all game, surprisingly putted poorly this year mainly down to a bad back and an inability to practice

Dechambeaus irons looked good today and if he gets his driving back will go low as he is currently the best putter of the top 5 or 6 on the world (like Rory I think he is better when a course forces out the wedge game a little)

Could also see Hatton and Sergio battling back although both maybe too far behind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

Unable to access PGA Tour website at present. Any idea what’s causing the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

abff wrote: »
    Unable to access PGA Tour website at present. Any idea what’s causing the problem?

Really strange. I can access the website on my PC, but not on my iPad. I think this belongs in an IT forum, not the golf forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

abff wrote: »
    Really strange. I can access the website on my PC, but not on my iPad. I think this belongs in an IT forum, not the golf forum.

Got a message about too much traffic, I presume it is relatively quiet usually, and explodes for this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If you're just looking for scores then https://www.pgachampionship.com/leaderboard is the best place for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement