Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh, the PGA Championship website has the rights to the first leaderboard anyway, so they'll be about 5/10 mins ahead of the PGA website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yeh, the PGA Championship website has the rights to the first leaderboard anyway, so they'll be about 5/10 mins ahead of the PGA website.

A good 15/20 mins , the PGA shot tracker is pretty useless this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

callaway92 wrote: »

That explains why the shot tracker was about a hole behind the TV coverage last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Haotong Li on fire today. -4 through nine holes for a two shot lead currently. He's capable when starts like that of going really low regardless of how difficult the course is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

abff wrote: »
    That explains why the shot tracker was about a hole behind the TV coverage last night.

Exactly ya.

Same with European Tour if any of you use that for your leaderboard.

Obviously for normal Euro Tour events they update their own score (so are quicker than any other source), but for Majors, my place of work provide them with the leaderboard/hole by holes for all players which we score from the official source for the major (ie pgachampionship.com). Which explains the lag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lowry going well

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Lowry going well

Yes, doing very well. Nice to see Seamus Power also making the cut - needs two good rounds to make the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

abff wrote: »
    Yes, doing very well. Nice to see Seamus Power also making the cut - needs two good rounds to make the playoffs.

Minus 3 is slipping outside the 65

60 to 62

Needs to stop for him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Brooks likely to miss the cut? Anyone see what happened him on 10?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Minus 3 is slipping outside the 65

60 to 62

Needs to stop for him

Looks like -3 will probably be OK, but by no means certain. Currently tied 62nd, with 5 players still out on the course at 3 under and another 5 on 2 under. Hope he makes it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Anyone know of a channel (US or otherwise) that are showing today's featured groups? Sky are broadcasting events I have no interest in instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Golfchannel probably?

HighLine wrote: »
    Anyone know of a channel (US or otherwise) that are showing today's featured groups? Sky are broadcasting events I have no interest in instead.

The last couple of weeks Sky have had the featured groups on the red button whilst they showed European Tour golf, presumably it's the same this week, I'm just not certain. Regard US channels I doubt any of them show it as the featured groups is a subscription thing you'd have to pay for over there. If you are desperate you could subscribe to PGA Tour Live and pay to see it!

Just saw that it will be on the red button. Silly to relegate the playoffs to the red button IMO.

Just saw that it will be on the red button. Silly to relegate the playoffs to the red button IMO.

It sucks for me as I piggyback my brothers sky go account, but the red button is not an option on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

It sucks for me as I piggyback my brothers sky go account, but the red button is not an option on it.

You must miss the days when you could get a fuzzy BBC Northern Ireland picture with a coat hanger as aerial and if you were lucky they'd show a bit of golf between Armagh v Derry in the Ulster Championship.

Are you referring to the woman's golf. Give it a try its pretty good.

Are you referring to the woman's golf. Give it a try its pretty good.

Oh I have before, far too slow for me to watch. I'd much prefer to watch the first FedEx Play-Off event, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Women's golf is great to watch. I like it. This is the Open too.

Missing the featured groups all the same. Tiger on at 1.37 and no idea where to go. :(

Missing the featured groups all the same. Tiger on at 1.37 and no idea where to go. :(

They are streaming featured groups on the PGA Tour's twitter below. Will probably only be for a few hours.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1296418455260991493?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

It can be good, but it can also be very bad. where the fun in watching them only drive it 270 or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Conditions look brutal for the women. I like the women's game but it's got bigger slow play issues than the mens game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Northern Trust on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

First Up wrote: »
    Northern Trust on now.

Koepka pulled out with a bad knee, he is gone for this season, because he is outside the top 70

Koepka pulled out with a bad knee, he is gone for this season, because he is outside the top 70

This season starts again the week after the playoff's I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

etxp wrote: »
    It can be good, but it can also be very bad. where the fun in watching them only drive it 270 or something like that.

Well if you practice really hard and hit the gym then maybe you can hit it 270 too! :D

Watching ladies golf is much more beneficial for 99% of all golfers.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Well if you practice really hard and hit the gym then maybe you can hit it 270 too! :D

Watching ladies golf is much more beneficial for 99% of all golfers.

:mad::mad:

I remember Butch saying on Sky before that the amatuers should pay more attention to the women than the mens game.

FYI I am currently on a gym program for more speed so I will report back when I can hit it 270. 101 swing speed at the moment so a long way to go.:eek:

:mad::mad:

I remember Butch saying on Sky before that the amatuers should pay more attention to the women than the mens game.

FYI I am currently on a gym program for more speed so I will report back when I can hit it 270. 101 swing speed at the moment so a long way to go.:eek:

Women use course management much more since they typically can't rely on bomb and gouge.

I think its much more relatable for us amateurs. They hit it the same distance but much more accurate and skillful.

You get to see plenty of long irons and fairway woods. And how they plot their way around the course.

• Advertisement

I think its much more relatable for us amateurs. They hit it the same distance but much more accurate and skillful.

You get to see plenty of long irons and fairway woods. And how they plot their way around the course.

Coincidentally I watched this last night

He outhits her by miles yet she schools him on every hole. (he is off 4, she is a pro)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement