Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options
1304305306307308310»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

gypsy79 wrote: »
    **** off Macker...I would love go to work

Stop boasting

Not sure where the boasting accusation stemmed from ?? I'm not aware of anyones personal circumstances on here and frankly I don't want to know as its none of my business.

I was just commenting upon reading the thread and was seeing a lot of back and forth about statistical analysis when I actually wanted to catch up on the PGA Tour Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Macker1 wrote: »
    Not sure where the boasting accusation stemmed from ?? I'm not aware of anyones personal circumstances on here and frankly I don't want to know as its none of my business.

I was just commenting upon reading the thread and was seeing a lot of back and forth about statistical analysis when I actually wanted to catch up on the PGA Tour Thread.
    It was statistical analysis of the PGA tour?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

abff wrote:
    It's not that I have any particular interest in either of the players. I'm just something of a numbers nerd.

Plenty to keep you busy so but for me these rankings are meaningless unless they impact on something important such as getting into a tournament or the Ryder Cup team.

Maybe some players near the top care if the system pushes them up or down a place from week to week but I'd imagine they have more important things to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Our club got nearly 150 new members this year and we are delighted to see them as the last few years have been a struggle. The club has organised lessons and a beginners competition for them. Its working out quite well as a lot of them are younger members who joined as groups.

The only thing id be concerned about is if the club gets a bit excited with the new money generated and makes a few rash spending decisions. Because quite likely a sizable chunk will likely drift away from the game over the next year or 2. That's the nature of golf, its a difficult game and its not for everyone. Hopefully we can keep a good number of them though.

do you have the right thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Big Phil burning it up on the champions tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Big Phil burning it up on the champions tour

Wonder if he keeps that up will he be number 1 in OWGR?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

GreeBo wrote: »
    It was statistical analysis of the PGA tour?!

Check again.......Where was there any boasting evident in my post ???

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Macker1 wrote: »
    Check again.......Where was there any boasting evident in my post ???

Check again, I was responding to where you said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Is there a tournament this week? I wonder who will be world number one after it, can Luke Donald or Martin Kaymer return to the summit. Thats the big question.

munster87 wrote: »
    Webb withdrew this week

Thanks for the golf related news, I'd say its the first time he pulled out in years. On a completely separate note, himself and the wife have quite a large family, and similarly to Zach Johnson, he is always thanking God for his success, I presume God doesn't like other players as much as Webb. Doc Redman was 71st in the standings after the Northern Trust open, God must not like him. Webb likes God and God likes Webb, and Webb never gets tired of telling us. Webb won the players championship 2 years ago by a street. God must have liked him that week. Zach Johnson hasn't had much luck recently, I wonder does God still get on with him, questions questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Thanks for the golf related news, I'd say its the first time he pulled out in years. On a completely separate note, himself and the wife have quite a large family, and similarly to Zach Johnson, he is always thanking God for his success, I presume God doesn't like other players as much as Webb. Doc Redman was 71st in the standings after the Northern Trust open, God must not like him. Webb likes God and God likes Webb, and Webb never gets tired of telling us. Webb won the players championship 2 years ago by a street. God must have liked him that week. Zach Johnson hasn't had much luck recently, I wonder does God still get on with him, questions questions.

Doesn't matter if 10 withdraw it is still only top 70 in fedex can get on timesheet so not sure what your point is

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if 10 withdraw it is still only top 70 in fedex can get on timesheet so not sure what your point is
    I said that Doc Redman finished 71st, so God doesn't like him as much as Webb. I didn't say Doc Redman should be in the field. But it will be nice to have a week off from Webb and his thank God for everything approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tinytemper

I'm just going to unfollow this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Tinytemper wrote: »
    I'm just going to unfollow this thread. :)

That's your prerogative. But if it's because of the recent discussion about the OWGR, maybe the mods could move that discussion to a new thread? Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

I said that Doc Redman finished 71st, so God doesn't like him as much as Webb. I didn't say Doc Redman should be in the field. But it will be nice to have a week off from Webb and his thank God for everything approach.

I think Brooks had previously withdrawn, so I'm not sure what is the relevance of who finished 71st in the Fedex Cup rankings.

abff wrote: »
    I think Brooks had previously withdrawn, so I'm not sure what is the relevance of who finished 71st in the Fedex Cup rankings.

The relevance is he is out at 71st. Oousthuizen ko'd him with a birdie on the last. I only made the point in reference to Webb Simpson, and how much God loves him, it wasn't a golfing reference. I just asked if God loves Doc Redman. It's poking fun at players like Simpson and Zach Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I can never understand the flack Webb, Bubba and ZJ get for mentioning their faith every now and then. Why is it such a big deal for people?

I can never understand the flack Webb, Bubba and ZJ get for mentioning their faith every now and then. Why is it such a big deal for people?

Because religion is devisive. And Bubba cursing and blaming his caddy doesn't set a good example, Rickie Fowler gets flack that I don't understand, he competes at a high level, is very good with his fans, and fans of the sport, encourages people, and is slated for not winning enough. I still think he will win a British open, and a couple more majors, and that's probably the best way to stop the negative comments.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

After 7 years this thread has wandered off track too many times so it’s had its day, let’s start a new one and let this die....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement