Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

Great recovery by McIlroy after a shaky start and a decent round by McDowell. Hopefully, the wind will stay reasonably light this afternoon and Harrington will have a decent round.

Looks like Mickelson and Woods are both going to miss the cut unless the weather deteriorates significantly. Wonder when's the last time that happened (and too lazy to look it up).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭abff

abff wrote: »
    Great recovery by McIlroy after a shaky start and a decent round by McDowell. Hopefully, the wind will stay reasonably light this afternoon and Harrington will have a decent round.

Looks like Mickelson and Woods are both going to miss the cut unless the weather deteriorates significantly. Wonder when's the last time that happened (and too lazy to look it up).

Sorry, just realised that Tiger has only just started his round, so probably a bit premature to write him off at this stage.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

abff wrote: »

Woods is only 1 hole into his round so a bit to go yet. Delighted to see Harrington putting well... hopefully he follows up with a good round today.

Ouch... shot tracker suggesting Harrington just put 2 balls into the water....

Edit* Corrected - only one ball in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Some shot from tiger out of the sand.

great to see Luke Donald showing some form, need him for the Ryder jug team ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

whats the deal with preffered lies? Is it only place on the fairway? And whats the maximum distance you are allowed? I always thought it was within 6" but TW just placed a ball well over a club length away??

Luke Donald one putts : 9 in the last 12 holes. That's the form that got him to number 1 in the world

charlieIRL wrote: »
    whats the deal with preffered lies? Is it only place on the fairway? And whats the maximum distance you are allowed? I always thought it was within 6" but TW just placed a ball well over a club length away??

1 rule for TW, another for everyone else. Remember the Masters!

Tiger hitting it all over the place!

charlieIRL wrote: »

It's only fairways and it's within 1 club length. Seems crazy because it doesn't look too wet. Let them man up a bit.

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    It's only fairways and it's within 1 club length. Seems crazy because it doesn't look too wet. Let them man up a bit.

while i agree, the divots being taken are massive and a lot unreplaced, placing is fine imo

Harrington missed from 3 yards but a birdie putt on the par 5. Hope he sinks a few, too close to the cut for my liking!

Tiger playing some terrible golf at the moment. Funny that he said his game was in good shape at pre-tournament interviews.

Edit* - then he goes and chips it in ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Are they ever gonna hit form simultaneously at the same tournament?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Happy to see Lee back.

Funny reading a piece about Foley on Westwood the other day and now Foley gone. It did seem like change for the sake of change for Lee - he was hitting the ball as well as anybody.

Can understand the move to US - but changing , home , caddy, and coach all at once was a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Anyone having difficulties with the new leaderboard on the pgatour site?

qwabercd wrote: »

Yes - it's one big glitchy mess on pc. Skippy and laggy and very annoying. Perfect on a mobile device though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

qwabercd wrote: »

The mobile app is a thing of beauty in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I haven't used the new app yet but the site is terrible. Hope they sort it out soon.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I haven't used the new app yet but the site is terrible. Hope they sort it out soon.

I found the app very slow to update last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Rory 2 under after 3 as opposed to yesterday's 2 over after 3

Tiger proving Sky lads wrong last night - going well.

Jaysus - that lad De Jonge is built like a rhino.

Looking at his swing there is hope for all the OTT swing lads on here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

lee is struggling out there +3 for today so far. Personally i dont like the lad.

No there isn't - that sums it up , you hit it well some of the time .

scrubber72 wrote: »
    lee is struggling out there +3 for today so far. Personally i dont like the lad.

Mixed bag with me - he has been a great Ryder Cup player - a fantastic player for the European tour.

He hit a bit of a mid life crisis there - a bit sad when you have earned over 30 million sterling from the game. He started to be a bit smart with the media and the public. That is not how the game is played - if you make a living at that level from the game and public - you can't just turn it off because you have had a few problems in majors. You normally just become mister unpopular - Garcia is another example of a guy who went like that. Rory at 23 was at risk of that :eek::eek::eek::eek: - but back on form with most now.

Behind it all - I think he is actually ok. He just had an extraordinary run of bad luck in majors - some of his misfortune of his own making.

But - behind all that - I like to see players who deserve a major get one. I'd rather see Westwood with a few majors than 10 other golfer I could name.

I hope he picks one up.

Bet if he picks one up , he will be a sound bloke again.

I also think he would have been a major figure in Ryder Cup teams that won - even when he was not winning himself. Incredible experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

He wouldn't pay Pete cowens expenses to travel to majors and i think that affected him greatly. Earning as much as he has he should cover all his bases if he wants majors.

Great eagle from henley from 150 yards!

Unreal putt from Henley on 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Some finish at the women's HSBC in Singapore. Your one Munoz is a lovely :o player, hard luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Rory was very unlucky not to have had a couple more birdies. Two fantastic long range putts on the 17th and 18th, just missed the hole but were so spot on distance wise as to not trouble him to finish them. Henley's putt on the 17th was very lucky, perfect line saved him from possibly putting it off the green.

Today should be exciting, Henley has shown the ability to stick with the pace, so he should be putting pressure on Rory. You wouldn't put it past Tiger to make a bit of a charge either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement