Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

rrpc wrote: »
    Rory was very unlucky not to have had a couple more birdies. Two fantastic long range putts on the 17th and 18th, just missed the hole but were so spot on distance wise as to not trouble him to finish them. Henley's putt on the 17th was very lucky, perfect line saved him from possibly putting it off the green.

Today should be exciting, Henley has shown the ability to stick with the pace, so he should be putting pressure on Rory. You wouldn't put it past Tiger to make a bit of a charge either.

Yep, he is putting very well at the moment, although they missed they will give him confidence that he is threathening the hole big time with 20-30ft putts.

Looking forward to this evening now alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

What time does Rory tee off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Boskowski wrote: »
    Some finish at the women's HSBC in Singapore. Your one Munoz is a lovely :o player, hard luck.

Amazing finish alright.
    Anyone know if there's a history between Munoz & Stanford ? I thought it was odd that when their group finished regular play on the 18th that all the caddies & players hugged as they do, except Munoz & Stanford who just shook hands very quickly. Solheim Cup issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Here's the winning putt...

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/paula-creamer-makes-amazing-eagle-putt-win-lpga-playoff?cid=pgacomsocial_20140302_19373354

I enjoy watching the LPGA tour but today was the first time I noticed possibly the most cringey thing I've seen on it.

Creamers ball marker which she has clipped to her hat is a picture of her and her boyfriend kissing and all cuddly together.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tiger +5 after 7 holes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Rikand wrote: »
    Tiger +5 after 7 holes!

Just after getting one back with a birdie. Check out his shot tracker for the 3rd hole!! That's my kinda golf :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Rory nearly sank a great putt on the 2nd. Good to see the putter is still behaving.

Big mistake from henley. Wet at the 3rd from the fairway

blockic wrote: »
    Big mistake from henley. Wet at the 3rd from the fairway

Some par! Up and down from a drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Why is it Sergio is always paired with his "good friend" on final day the last 3 weeks on the trot on Sky? (today Fdez is "one of his best friends":rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Some difference in Mcilroys putting. Looks real confident inside ten feet

What's people's thoughts on fairway divots?

Does it not seem very punishing to land in the middle of a sand filled divot if you split a drive 300yds down the middle of a fairway?

Fair enough if your off the fairway you take whatever punishment you get but landing in a big fairway divot is a killer.

I suppose it's all part of the game but imagine it happening coming down the 18th when your one ahead.

Tiger has just withdrawn....

ForeRight wrote: »

Does it not seem very punishing to land in the middle of a sand filled divot if you split a drive 300yds down the middle of a fairway?

Fair enough if your off the fairway you take whatever punishment you get but landing in a big fairway divot is a killer.

I suppose it's all part of the game but imagine it happening coming down the 18th when your one ahead.

Agree with you but think we are in the minority. Most people will say "man up and hit it" but I just think it's unfair to finish in a horrid deep divot after splitting the fairway with a perfect drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Tiger has just withdrawn....

Was she good looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Panrich

Didn't look injured.

Sky commentators saying he must be injured... Don't think so lads.. Tiger just got pissed because he was playing poorly and walked off. Poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

its his back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Panrich

Rory has hit some very indifferent shots so far. Been badly out of position on 4, 6, 7 and now 9 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Now the gap is 1.
    Going to be tense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

McIlroy looking very confident.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Rory looking very calm even with the long delay. Hits a great second to the middle of the green, I think if he can get to -13 that'll be enough to win

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ForeRight wrote: »

I think you mean divot hole. The divot is the lump of earth that goes flying..... Now it really would be rotten luck to land in the middle of one of them!

stevieob wrote: »
    I think you mean divot hole. The divot is the lump of earth that goes flying..... Now it really would be rotten luck to land in the middle of one of them!

Pedantics :)

I've a gut feeling Rory is not going to see this out.

Couple of the lads only 1 back are playing better than him today so far.
    Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Lower back spasms for Tiger, flared up practicing prior to round (from twitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

stevieob wrote: »

Divot can be the lump of earth AND/OR the hole that the lump of earth leaves behind PedanticOB ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Are the nerves getting to Rory?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

3 putt and he's back to -10 in a 3-way tie. If Palmer can post a -11 it will be hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

First 3-putt in 186 holes, that's seriously impressive but oh how costly it could be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Are the nerves getting to Rory?

bogies 12, 3 way tie for the lead now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement