Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Going by how i picked my winners in each round we are in for some very excitibg matches :) love matchplay, excitement everyday not just sunday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Joined there. Going with Paul Casey. Very good match play record and I good form this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Ended up with Stenson beating Kaymer in a repeat of 2010 I think and Reed beating Casey in the consolation.

Edit: It was 2011 and Donald beat Kaymer in the final. Wow my memory isn't what it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mr.P loves his fantasy sports!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have a Rory - Rosey final with Rory winning it

Spieth to beat Kaymer in the 3rd-4th place playoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Hopefully we get a Spieth Reed quarterfinal, would make good viewing.

Obviously a Rory Jordan final would be dream viewing but is very unlikely to happen.

Mr.P loves his fantasy sports!

I'm expecting a Mikko Illonen Vs Alexander Levy final from you ;)

anywhere to watch the matchplay tonight?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

shaunac93 wrote: »

9pm on sky sports.

shaunac93 wrote: »

Or do you mean a pub ? ;)

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote:
    Or do you mean a pub ?

Work at 7am means tv station unfortunately!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Would have fancied poulter to do well but he is 4 down thru 8.

Hope we get to see a bit of Lowry v Gmac tonight

Rose struggling too. Leishman 3up thought 13.

Afraid I may have jinxed many of the top seeds by putting them in my beacket :p

Rose looses 3&2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

This new format is going to make the first few days a bit boring really... no excitement of immediate elimination. I can see why they did it... keep the big names around for a few days but it certainly doesn't add to the show for viewers at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Always nice to see Poulter stuffed :)

Always nice to see Poultery stuffed :)

He certainly did look a bit of turkey out there, chickened out on a few putts and it all got a bit unpheasant w-hen the crowd stopped egging him on.

Is that enough poultery jokes for one day ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Rikand wrote: »
    He certainly did look a bit of turkey out there, chickened out on a few putts and it all got a bit unpheasant w-hen the crowd stopped egging him on.

An emphatic yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rikand wrote: »

Any more and things could turn fowl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

HighLine wrote: »
    This new format is going to make the first few days a bit boring really... no excitement of immediate elimination. I can see why they did it... keep the big names around for a few days but it certainly doesn't add to the show for viewers at home.

Have to agree, used to be one of the best night's of golf viewing in the year for me, but last night's was utterly tedious.

The problem I always found was that when you get down to the latter rounds, semi's and especially the final, viewing was pretty boring as there were so few games going on - no way to eliminate that unfortunately, but at least up until the semi stage this used to be well worth viewing. I don't think I'll be watching tonight anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

He's not a pheasant plucker,
    He's a pheasant plucker's son,
    and he's only plucking pheasants,
    til the pheasant plucker comes.

If only the tongue twisters on Bosco did stuff like this :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Have to agree, used to be one of the best night's of golf viewing in the year for me, but last night's was utterly tedious.

The problem I always found was that when you get down to the latter rounds, semi's and especially the final, viewing was pretty boring as there were so few games going on - no way to eliminate that unfortunately, but at least up until the semi stage this used to be well worth viewing. I don't think I'll be watching tonight anyway.

Agree. Too many matches to be able to follow the ebb and flow of matchplay and without that, it is just cameos. Three days of that is just tedium, while trying to keep an eye on your favourites.

I can appreciate why the players and broadcasters like it but for me, it only gets watchable on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What time is Rory off?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

What time is Rory off?

Should be about ten minutes time

Watching the highlights with Kevin Na playing. Jaysis, he's some bottler on the putts. Last 3 holes, 3 absolutely horrendous putts!

• Advertisement

Rory really needs to get the irons going again. For the last few weeks he's been leaving himself to many putts outside of ten feet. He left himself a 20 footer at the last hole there when playing in from 90 yards. Needs to be better.

EDIT: He took my advice, lands his next iron shot to two feet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sky barely showing anything of Rory!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Disappointing loss for Shane Lowry.

Disappointing loss for Shane Lowry.

Fowler wins the group.

Fowler wins the group.

How does it work in the event of a tie? If Shane wins tomorrow and Fowler loses does Fowler still go through on a Head to Head?

• Advertisement

How does it work in the event of a tie? If Shane wins tomorrow and Fowler loses does Fowler still go through on a Head to Head?

Yeah he has Lowry and English covered. Lowry needed McDowell to win.

Yeah he has Lowry and English covered. Lowry needed McDowell to win.

Needed him to win today? What difference would that have made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Needed him to win today? What difference would that have made?

If Gmac won today and beat fowler and Shane beat English would have been a three way tie and a playoff.

kiers47 wrote: »
    If Gmac won today and beat fowler and Shane beat English would have been a three way tie and a playoff.

Ah right, I get ye!

McIlroy v Horschel tomorrow for a place in the next round should be very good. Horschel has been playing some great golf so far, won't be easy for Rory.

Sky lads should really do there homework before speaking. Now saying Schwartzel is through even though there is still a chance of a three way tie.

Jordan Spieth looking fairly unstoppable. He won yesterday with one of the best rounds of the day in terms of strokes. Today he's gone even better. He was level par and 2 Down through 5 holes, then went 7 under for the next ten holes and wins 4 & 2. Incredible putting once again, he really is a joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 midomidi2013

Some of the negativity here is hard to believe. Many of us watch or follow almost all PGA Tour events, not just the biggies. I'd like to see if this thread works. It's handy to drop in on a thread and see what people are discussing. On a lot of them here, I like to click on the "Last Page" link, and take it from there.

If we the boards users don't like the thread, it will quickly drop away to 'net oblivion.

Take a break will ya!!! Or stick all your posts in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Take a break will ya!!! Or stick all your posts in one.

The first post by that person is a copy of one I made on 24/4/2013. (Page 2 of this thread, thought it looked familiar...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Haha
    LinksLad wrote: »
    Some of the negativity here is hard to believe. Many of us watch or follow almost all PGA Tour events, not just the biggies. I'd like to see if this thread works. It's handy to drop in on a thread and see what people are discussing. On a lot of them here, I like to click on the "Last Page" link, and take it from there.

If we the boards users don't like the thread, it will quickly drop away to 'net oblivion.

I would guess all the ones you cleaned up are also a copy and paste job Charlie...

I would guess all the ones you cleaned up are also a copy and paste job Charlie...

all 25 of them!!

Hahaha. Ah here.

A simple google of his username reveals he must be a member of every forum ever created. From CyclingNews to poker.. Even a www.pregnancy.com.au forum.. haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hahaha. Ah here.

A simple google of his username reveals he must be a member of every forum ever created. From CyclingNews to poker.. Even a www.pregnancy.com.au forum.. haha

I got a bit suspicious when he shot 9 over in Corballis and also posted he was just starting golf in another thread... but you never know sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Is this televised anywhere else in the world before sky at 9 or do I have to wait ? not asking for anything else just this information ty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

What time is Mcilroy playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

aster99 wrote: »

10:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

aster99 wrote: »

out at half 10. maybe later depending on how many matches go to the 19th hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

Is this televised anywhere else in the world before sky at 9 or do I have to wait ? not asking for anything else just this information ty.

nbc golf channel i suppose, and sky coverage not on till 10 tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement