Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

nbc golf channel i suppose, and sky coverage not on till 10 tonight.

No luck ty, I hate the way you cant watch golf when its on, and 10 oclock from sky sheesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nbc golf channel i suppose, and sky coverage not on till 10 tonight.

all the "dead rubber" matches are out first.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Illonen 7 up on every through 9, 4 birdies for illonen and 3 bogies for every!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Haven't got a clue who's finishing where, hopefully someone knows :pac:

Anyone with a decent shot tracker site one on the pga site is F'ed for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

sky commentator "i lot of balls in the air human as well as golf balls":eek: was i hearing right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Would they ever put poor old Bruce out to pasture.

He's beyond confused at this point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

great win for westwood to beat spieth..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Wow... Keegan Bradley getting up in Miguel's face... what a little scumbag. Never seen the likes of it. Miguel 1 up with 1 to play.... come on!! (neither of them are going through but anyway)

Thought he was gonna deck him :D:D

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote: »
    Wow... Keegan Bradley getting up in Miguel's face... what a little scumbag. Never seen the likes of it. Miguel 1 up with 1 to play.... come on!! (neither of them are going through but anyway)

In golf terms that was an out and out bare knuckle brawl. Never seen the likes of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

I thought he did the right thing, he rudely told Bradley's caddy to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Fiiight :pac:

Bradley and his caddie didn't come across at all well there. Very compelling stuff though!

I thought he did the right thing, he rudely told Bradley's caddy to shut up.

Are you kidding me? Squaring up into his face is the right thing?? Delighted the little pr!ck and his caddie lost.

In other news the coverage is brutal, they miss so many shots and when there are so few left you would wonder how, commentators often off in whats going on in the matches but not really there fault

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Bradley was well pee'd off there, not nice to see tbh

In other news the coverage is brutal, they miss so many shots and when there are so few left you would wonder how, commentators often off in whats going on in the matches but not really there fault

Its worse than brutal, big hype in the mcilroy v horschel match and we've seen about 5 shots??

Are you kidding me? Squaring up into his face is the right thing?? Delighted the little pr!ck and his caddie lost.

If someone told me to shut up (or my Caddy, not likely :-) ) I'd certainly take them to task. As commentary say, poor refereeing.

If someone told me to shut up (or my Caddy, not likely :-) ) I'd certainly take them to task. As commentary say, poor refereeing.

Was good to see Bradley tell his caddy not to interfere or it could have got nasty but it should have never got to that point, I've never seen that before in golf.

shut up you pleb! thats what he said i'm sure of it :)

• Advertisement

Golf needs to change up the hazard situation bunkers just too easy for golfers, need to add a few pythons or something.

onlyme! wrote: »
    shut up you pleb! thats what he said i'm sure of it :)

His english is coming on fair play.

Bradley and his dog reminds me of Tiger!! Too much coverage of the leaving the course and not enough on the golf!!

Who was minding the dog when he was playing?!!!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Bradley and his dog reminds me of Tiger!! Too much coverage of the leaving the course and not enough on the golf!!

Who was minding the dog when he was playing?!!!![
    /QUOTE]

roy keane

I hope the lads tomoro night in vegas dont make the same mistake and show us 2 lads out in the car park playing golf instead of the fight.

How anyone thinks what Bradley did here was appropriate is beyond me. Miguel was perfectly entitled to question the drop and he was trying to explain in a calm and rationale manner and then Keegan's caddie was butting in.

Granted, Miguel should have used a more diplomatic way of getting "Pepsi" to shut up but the way Keegan squared up into Miguel's face like that was very thuggish. Seen enough of his antics over the years to have a dislike for him and this just adds to it.

Brilliant Rory

Not in any case should a player or caddy be told to shut up. Bradley needed to stand in line with Jimenez because as soon as he had it said he realised his faux pas and readdressed the "referee".

Imagine being told to shut up on a golf course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

come on rory:)

• Advertisement

Not in any case should a player or caddy be told to shut up. Bradley needed to stand in line with Jimenez because as soon as he had it said he realised his faux pas and readdressed the "referee".

The European blinkers are not just being worn by the Sky broadcaster here.

Imagine being told to shut up on a golf course!

Hahah.. having an opinion renders me with "European blinkers"? That's funny... nearly as funny as you thinking Bradley's antics were appropriate. :rolleyes:

Hahah.. having an opinion renders me with "European blinkers"? That's funny... nearly as funny as you thinking Bradley's antics were appropriate. :rolleyes:

.:rolleyes:

Apparently the exchange between them continued into the locker room leading to security having to be called and press asked to leave.

Sergio suggests "Pepsi" isn't exactly a favourite with other players.

https://twitter.com/TheSergioGarcia/status/594304796183527424

The way "Pepsi" acts here in the following clip and tries to block Miguel's view when trying to discuss the drop with an official mirrors Keegan's scummy behavior. Also Miguel said "please shut up"...
    https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640

That's gotta hurt Horschel. Lucky boy Rory.

Ok got a bit bored while waiting

Left side of the draw

Oosthuizen RD1 13H -4 RD2 18H -7 RD3 19H -4 (50H -15)

Folwer RD1 18H -3 RD2 18H -2 RD3 14H -8 (50H -13)

Holmes RD1 18H +4 RD2 19H -1 RD3 17H 0 (54H +3)

Schwartzel RD1 14H 0(1C) RD2 20H -4 RD3 20H -3 (54H -7) 1 hole conceded

Casey RD1 22H 0 RD2 18H -1 RD3 18 0 (58H -1)

Matsuyama RD1 14H -4 RD2 18H -3 RD3 14H -4 (46H -11)

Furyk RD1 16H -2(1C) RD2 17H +1 RD3 20H -7 (53H -8)1hole conceded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

yes rory wins.. around the green cost horshil i think..great win tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Some putt at 17 from Rory to keep alive but really Horschel should have seen it out on 18 or 19, bit of a get of jail free card there but fair play to McIlroy for plugging away at it and pulling it out of the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

The format wasn't that complicated but the excitement was dulled by the fact that Sky commentators were utterly clueless as to how one qualified from their group. When Lowry was defeated they hoped that his good friend McDowell would do him a favour next day not realising/understanding that Lowry was knocked out at that stage. Truly unforgiveable from a group of commentators who have nothing else to do all day - it is not complicated.

Left hand side of draw 38 the highest seed left, Right hand side 27 the lowest left.

Furyk at 44 is it a tough ask for him to play 36 holes (possibly) in ome day, I mean to a very high standard required to reach the semis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

lostatsea wrote: »
    The format wasn't that complicated but the excitement was dulled by the fact that Sky commentators were utterly clueless as to how one qualified from their group. When Lowry was defeated they hoped that his good friend McDowell would do him a favour next day not realising/understanding that Lowry was knocked out at that stage. Truly unforgiveable from a group of commentators who have nothing else to do all day - it is not complicated.

True about them slipping up big time but I don't think it changes the spectacle, the excitement has been dulled by the poor golf, a fairly unspectacular course and especially poor coverage to date imo...it's hard to get absorbed into matchplay when you're just watching putts mainly.

I think there are too many players.
    I would limit it to 24 players, 8 groups of 3 with 2 to go through. That would ensure that every match counted in the group stage and we might get to follow matches rather than putts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Delighted to hear about the Jimenez Bradley confrontation. Never nice to hear anyone say shut up to you but no need for Bradley to get up in jimenez's face. He has every right to question the drop and it even looks like Bradley is delibrately trying to block Jimenez view of it.
    Nice to see the passion in the players though considering it was a nothing match.

• Advertisement

Apparently the exchange between them continued into the locker room leading to security having to be called and press asked to leave.

Sergio suggests "Pepsi" isn't exactly a favourite with other players.

https://twitter.com/TheSergioGarcia/status/594304796183527424

The way "Pepsi" acts here in the following clip and tries to block Miguel's view when trying to discuss the drop with an official mirrors Keegan's scummy behavior. Also Miguel said "please shut up"...
    https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640

Ah well if Sergio is saying it, then you know there's a problem! ;)

Delighted to hear about the Jimenez Bradley confrontation. Never nice to hear anyone say shut up to you but no need for Bradley to get up in jimenez's face. He has every right to question the drop and it even looks like Bradley is delibrately trying to block Jimenez view of it.
    Nice to see the passion in the players though considering it was a nothing match.

When Miguel was trying to discuss the drop with Keegan, the caddie interrupted and said "Are you going to try and delay us some more Miguel" (reference to a previous ruling in the match) to which Miguel replied "please shut up". After Keegan squared up to Miguel, the caddie tried to stand in the way and block the view of the ball when Miguel was trying to discuss the drop with an official. Classless. Both caddie and Keegan really showed themselves up IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

When Miguel was trying to discuss the drop with Keegan, the caddie interrupted and said "Are you going to try and delay us some more Miguel" (reference to a previous ruling in the match) to which Miguel replied "please shut up". After Keegan squared up to Miguel, the caddie tried to stand in the way and block the view of the ball when Miguel was trying to discuss the drop with an official. Classless. Both caddie and Keegan really showed themselves up IMO.

After the match when Keegan and Miguel were shaking hands and seemed to be discussing the issue again (not in a heated way it seemed) the caddie again tried to intervene and Keegan waved him away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Ultimate matchplay psyche out by Miguel
    Bradley's caddy seems like a piece of work, whatever about defending your man, Keegan towered over Miguel and looked menacing - a guy in his twenties and a man in his 50s.
    I believe someone in Golf Channel interviewed all three, trying to find the interview online.

rrpc wrote: »
    After the match when Keegan and Miguel were shaking hands and seemed to be discussing the issue again (not in a heated way it seemed) the caddie again tried to intervene and Keegan waved him away.

I think we're all in agreement on one thing. keegan's caddy is a giant douche!

By god, Billy Horschel's chipping selections were AWFUL at the finish

Has Sergio gone back to the conventional putting grip? Only saw one clip of him last night and it seemed he has

onlyme! wrote: »

Come to expect the pure drivel that comes from Brandel's mouth as he is a complete moron but was surprised to hear David's comments. Thankfully, other media outlets are a little bit more unbiased.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Has Sergio gone back to the conventional putting grip? Only saw one clip of him last night and it seemed he has

Saw that myself and I was surprised. I thought the claw had been working well for him the last few years

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement