Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

The tv coverage for today is a load of balls!! (not Sky's fault)

The first match is out at 5:50pm our time but yet coverage doesn't start until 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

HighLine wrote: »

The first match is out at 5:50pm our time but yet coverage doesn't start until 8pm.

2 hours earlier so than last night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote: »

Now if Tiger was playing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

First Up wrote: »
    Now if Tiger was playing.....

Could you imagine the TV coverage last night if it was Tiger getting in dispute with someone? We'd be lucky to see a shot played for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Could you imagine the TV coverage last night if it was Tiger getting in dispute with someone? We'd be lucky to see a shot played for the rest of the week.

We'd be lucky if it wasn't the lead item on US TV news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rory 4 up thru 7. Wants to get throught his matches early so he can get to Vegas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

Rory 4 up thru 7. Wants to get throught his matches early so he can get to Vegas

they said vegas cancelled for him at the start of coverage.. dont think there is time..

I think it's the only way of getting a quick match against Matsuyama! Very slow. The guys on Sky recon that Rory hasn't got a chance of making the fight even if he walks his 2nd match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Someone tell Rory he has to play two matches. He cant leave for the Boxing match straight after this one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Just checked the latest scores, don't think I'll put the golf on tonight, the commentary team are probably creaming themselves :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

they said vegas cancelled for him at the start of coverage

You mean they won't start the fight till he gets there?? :eek::eek::pac:

You mean they won't start the fight till he gets there?? :eek::eek::pac:

ya thats right ha ha, poor choice of words on my part..

well thats rory into the next round. very good win. took total control from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

That last 16 could not have gone worse for me :rolleyes:

49 now the lowest seed on the far side, Rorys to lose now cant see casy or furyk being able for him not sure about oosty.

2 hours before anyone goes out again ?

Ah screw that, i'm off to bed.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »

ya, thats abit ridiculous alright, cant understand why they don't just do a quick turn around. all the players will still be fresh and on form..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Anyone else notice Paul Casey, schwartzel and Rory are all wearing more or less the same outfit!! (Maybe it's just and girl thing :) )..thaught nike would want to show their full range of clothera

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Rikand wrote: »

Hold up...tee times changed again. Should have golf in half an hour.

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice Paul Casey, schwartzel and Rory are all wearing more or less the same outfit!! (Maybe it's just and girl thing :) )..thaught nike would want to show their full range of clothera

happens quite a lot
    maybe its their marketing idea.. get as many of the same thing in view, to make it stand out a bit more

Wake up RIKAND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Just watching the end of the round of 16, (love the live pause), what Rickie Fowler did on 18 is proof that he may never a major. Almost a mirror of the 17th round 4 of 2014 PGA, prime position, middle of fairway, can't finish the green. Louis was brilliant with an approach from a worse position, game over then before Rickie let him have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

3 matches left. Furyk makes a birdie we miss it, louis finds the water we miss it, we get a run down of what someone did yesterday or earlier furyk is one up gets in on the green next shot of the group he is 2 up going for green on the next. Its a joke I mean sky is bad when it comes to golf coverage but there is no excuse with 3 groups in play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Absolutely, endless ads and missed coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Agreed its so frustrating. Endless adds. 6 golfers on course and shots aren't been shown..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

McIlroy has played poorly, lucky to be within striking distance heading to 15

Ridiculous accuracy with the driver on 16 for rory. Hopefully takes advantage f the drive now

3 matches left. Furyk makes a birdie we miss it, louis finds the water we miss it, we get a run down of what someone did yesterday or earlier furyk is one up gets in on the green next shot of the group he is 2 up going for green on the next. Its a joke I mean sky is bad when it comes to golf coverage but there is no excuse with 3 groups in play.
    Absolutely, endless ads and missed coverage.
    Tobyglen wrote: »
    Agreed its so frustrating. Endless adds. 6 golfers on course and shots aren't been shown..

While I do agree that a lot of the time there is a serious amount of horse manure coming out of the mouths of the sky commentators, in fairness to sky, the pictures are not their fault. In America with the exception of a couple of events, they are using the feed from Yankee tv, so it is unfair to be blaming sky for the lack of golf on screen.

Why are they not playing the first hole?

Rory can't find the fairway..... Casey has to be favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

This better be over by the time the big fight is in the ring! Mcilroy seriously struggling with the driver, surprised he didn't go for a long iron there to find the fairway.

• Advertisement

Couldn't give a toss about the fight!
    That was some putt
    Maybe keep him in it

Thought that was it.... Live to fight another hole.... Get the driver right this time Rors

Casey has been putting great

What a ridiculous match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

McIlroy in danger of missing the fight altogether at this rate

I was going to say Rory has the advantage now..... But then I realized that would be the jinx, so I won't say it

Brutal miss

ah here, play another one ffs :(

Talk about an anti climax

They should have done a Bagger Vance and all got their cars out on the fairways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Seve OB wrote: »
    Thought that was it.... Live to fight another hole.... Get the driver right this time Rors

Casey has been putting great

He struggled with the putter in the first couple of rounds. Same with the masters, he was really on it with the putter the first two rounds and then it went a bit cold on him at the weekend. He always was a bit streaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fell asleep watching this and woke when they were on hole 12, with Casey 2 up. Good man Rory pulling it back. God, I love matchplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

paulie21 wrote: »
    McIlroy in danger of missing the fight altogether at this rate

He did miss the fight, but the ticket didn't go to waste

vienne86 wrote: »
    Fell asleep watching this and woke when they were on hole 12, with Casey 2 up. Good man Rory pulling it back. God, I love matchplay.

I was the same woke up with 3 holes to go and him 1 down, thought I'd be able to stasy awake till the end, but nope.... too many beers and out like a light again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

• Advertisement

Big screen wha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

I went to bed and watched the recording this morning, great to see Rory get it back. If Casey had birdies the 9th, it would have been game over. Rory birdie on 10 to be 1 down was the spark. Pity they have to finish it today.

This could be over quickly... Casey not looking too healthy this morning. Apparently caught some sort of bug last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Well done Rory!

For all the talk of the fight, that was pretty professional from Rory, on the tee for 6.45am and makes birdie to advance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

and makes birdie to advance.

Par but Casey took 6

Edit: or maybe not

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement