Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

The plot thickens further, the marshals have now come out & said that they never spoke to tiger & told him sergio had hit.

Saw it again there.

Tiger takes the club out of the bag,
    The crowd begin to cheer and applaud,
    Tiger puts his index finger to his lips to "sssh" the crowd and points in Sergios direction.
    Why would he do this if he'd been told Sergio had hit.

I also think he dropped where he wanted to drop, not giving a sh*t where it crossed the hazard, knowing his playing partner wouldn't challenge the Tiger.
    If tiger is getting away with it with the eyes of many millions on him, Jonny amateur is going to be tempted to do it with no one looking.

He's a lying cheating Cnut and is doing serious damage to the game, ALLEGEDLY

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

idle wrote: »
    Saw it again there.

Tiger takes the club out of the bag,
    The crowd begin to cheer and applaud,
    Tiger puts his index finger to his lips to "sssh" the crowd and points in Sergios direction.
    Why would he do this if he'd been told Sergio had hit.

I also think he dropped where he wanted to drop, not giving a sh*t where it crossed the hazard, knowing his playing partner wouldn't challenge the Tiger.
    If tiger is getting away with it with the eyes of many millions on him, Jonny amateur is going to be tempted to do it with no one looking.

He's a lying cheating Cnut and is doing serious damage to the game, ALLEGEDLY

where is the video of Tiger telling the crowd to "shhh"

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

where is the video of Tiger telling the crowd to "shhh"

Sky+. It was shown at the beginning of sky coverage on Sunday. There was a split screen and if in sync then Sergio had plenty time to back off the shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

• Advertisement

Wombatman wrote: »

To me, that looks as though it skipped forward and left...certainly not parallel to the shoreline as described in the article.

Woodsdrop.png

That's not to say that I think it definitely crossed near where he said but I don't think it's as clear cut as many people think. I believe he made the decision in good faith based on his and his playing partner's view at the time. It's very easy to second guess him after seeing multiple replays at multiple angles and even then it's not definitive. There's no official TMO like in rugby so he has to work with what he has as we all do and hope he gets it as close as possible.

I know there is probably an option to have replays checked but I prefer to trust people to make an honest guess in the spirit of the game and just get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Topper - that would be some bounce. The big red circle is just a magnification of the smaller one :D:D

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Topper - that would be some bounce. The big red circle is just a magnification of the smaller one :D:D

facepalm.jpg

I was a bit surprised when I saw it first alright. I stand by the whole spirit of the game malarkey though.
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

That looks very dodge alright and with the video from the blimp it looks even worse and unlike the masters when a strong argument could be made for him being rattled and inadvertently getting it wrong, the same couldn't be applied here.
    It'll being interesting to see how the powers that be handle this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

idle wrote: »

^^^^^
    This IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

david-k wrote: »
    It'll being interesting to see how the powers that be handle this one.

There is nothing to be handled from their point of view. They must accept that the best judgement of the crossing point was made by those on the tee as specified in the rules.
    There will be no further actions, statement, clarification from USGA, PGA, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

As Topper Harley already stated from those images it's far from clear cut that he took the drop in the wrong spot.
    If you draw a line between the two splashes in the water and extend that line it certainly seems to cross the hazardline near enough to where he dropped, in fact not just near enough but pretty dam close.

I find it way more plausible to assume his ball flight was near enough that extended line than to conclude his ball took a wicket deflection to the left when hitting the water first but was all the way straight out over the water before that.

Its hard to say for definite but in the light of the pictures and under the assumption that an honest judgement call was made I can't see too much wrong with it. Maybe some people are beginning to see things where they want to see things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Boskowski wrote: »
    As Topper Harley already stated from those images it's far from clear cut that he took the drop in the wrong spot.
    If you draw a line between the two splashes in the water and extend that line it certainly seems to cross the hazardline near enough to where he dropped, in fact not just near enough but pretty dam close.

I find it way more plausible to assume his ball flight was near enough that extended line than to conclude his ball took a wicket deflection to the left when hitting the water first but was all the way straight out over the water before that.

Its hard to say for definite but in the light of the pictures and under the assumption that an honest judgement call was made I can't see too much wrong with it.

Double face palm.

Have a look at the 2 posts directly under the one from Topper.
    The large circle is just a magnification of the smaller one.

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Double face palm.

In fairness though, Wombatman didn't help us when he said "Ball skipped forward not left!!!". I think the word "skipped" helped advance the misunderstanding of the magnified image being a second bounce, which of course I realised was incorrect but only after making a fool of myself. :D

Point stands though - no amount of replays give a definitive verdict.

Double face palm.

It would be nice if people could point out for once a misunderstanding plain and straight without some little condescending add-on like 'double face palm'.

Christ almighty. As if nobody ever made a mistake before.

Boskowski wrote: »
    It would be nice if people could point out for once a misunderstanding plain and straight without some little condescending add-on like 'double face palm'.

Christ almighty. As if nobody ever made a mistake before.

It would be nice if people didn't get so uptight and mistake the tone of my post.

It was said in jest, a continuation of Toppers post, where he was happy to have a laugh at himself and posted a facepalm image when he realised his mistake.

It would be nice if people didn't get so uptight and mistake the tone of my post.

It was said in jest, a continuation of Toppers post, where he was happy to have a laugh at himself and posted a facepalm image when he realised his mistake.

Well lets leave it at that and fair enough and thanks for clearing that up, too, but its a common misconception that people will find it alway easy to pick up 'the tone of a post'.
    A mistake I often make myself btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Crikey, Brads just shot 60 despite consecutive bogeys, disappointing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Crikey, Brads just shot 60 despite consecutive bogeys, disappointing!

10 birdies and an eagle :eek: Some round!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Russman

What did Keegan Bradley just tap down on his line on the 11th green ?? Looked a bit dodge.....

Is this on Sky lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Just in the door, Is it not on sky tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

golf channel / nbc if you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Nice one sky, put on wrestling instead of the golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Strange one as Sky always seem to have the 4 days, don't remember missing any other tournaments in the past year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Russman wrote: »
    What did Keegan Bradley just tap down on his line on the 11th green ?? Looked a bit dodge.....

It seems that if its not Tiger then nobody is interested. I didn't see it myself.
    Is this on Sky lads?

Its on the red button.

Not a happy camper at all.

Herself out and just put the wee one to bed.
    Feet up. TV on.

SS1 Football... Ok
    SS2 Cricket.... Hmmm
    SS3 Wrestling..... WHAT
    SS4 Tennis.... THE FCUK

Yaya informs of Red Button.... Well that was a bit of an overreaction ;)

Red Button on SS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Red button is no good if you're watching on the Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Yaya informs of Red Button.... Well that was a bit of an overreaction ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement