Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

This coverage is horrific! Have they not got the ability to shoot 3 different courses or what? You have Spieth, DJ, Bubba, Day all playing and I have not seen a shot from them, instead they're showing JJ Henry, Colt Knost, Ken Duke and some bloody celeb named Boomer, terrible.

Edit I also paid the sub for the earlier coverage on the PGA Site and they were featuring Mahan and Van Pelt! Shyte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

some bloody celeb named Boomer, terrible.

He should be in the boards society with a swing like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

It's annoying but it's the same every year. Coverage of the real golfers gets better come Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

HighLine wrote: »
    It's annoying but it's the same every year. Coverage of the real golfers gets better come Saturday and Sunday.

Only Sunday, I'm sure Speith will be featured Saturday surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So Paul Dunne finishes on -4, Harrington on -3, having sneaked a birdie on the last, and Shane Lowry on level par.....don't know what happened, but he had a 6 on the par 5 6th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

The 3 irish lads are being shown on the feature groups on the red button on sky if you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tis why I miss a full sky package.

Dunne 2 over after 4 though, may drop another on 5.

Mushy wrote: »
    Tis why I miss a full sky package.

Dunne 2 over after 4 though, may drop another on 5.

And has indeed dropped another. Shane is even for the day and Padraig is 1 under.

Nice bit of coverage, with no ad breaks! But ye gods, one of the commentators keeps talking about Padraig's daughter....:confused:

So he birdied the 6th, but gave it up on the 8th. Just hope he makes the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Assuming the cut is after round 3?

• Advertisement

Assuming the cut is after round 3?

Yup, top 60 go.through then 25 teams too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aul lad has the golf on.

I'm not a huge fan of the sport but thus far the coverage of this particular competition has been:

"There's Kenny G"

"The view. Look at the view"

"Andy Garcia there. Magnificent beard"

"Look at how great that view is"

"Kenny G again."

"Beautiful view"

"Andy Garcia. Great actor"

"Amazing view"

----

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Been plenty if golf on the red button last few hours. Seen all the Irish guys play pretty much every shot

That_Guy wrote: »
    Aul lad has the golf on.

I'm not a huge fan of the sport but thus far the coverage of this particular competition has been:

"There's Kenny G"

"The view. Look at the view"

"Andy Garcia there. Magnificent beard"

"Look at how great that view is"

"Kenny G again."

"Beautiful view"

"Andy Garcia. Great actor"

"Amazing view"

----

American TV and a pro-am, always a disaster.

This pro am thing is so slow! I went out when Harrington and Lowry had played five holes, drove 30 minutes to the RDS, saw an entire rugby match, did the return journey, and they're only on hole 17!!!!! Jeez!

Never heard of Sung Kang but what a round... -11!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Bad finish by Harrington to take 6 considering where he was in 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

The amateurs playing with them must get a good boost from watching Shane and Padraig on the greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

pebble beach heaven on earth:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Is there a cut after round 2 or round 3?

• Advertisement

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Is there a cut after round 2 or round 3?

Round 3, when they have all played each of the courses.

Dunne and Lowry +1 after 6/5 holes respectively. Not looking good to make tomorrow

Dunne's misery continuing from yesterday - he's 2 over. Lowry is back to even par, but will need to make a few birdies if he is to make the cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Ok can't watch this **** anymore.

Harrington in a half decent position, Lowry may sneak into the final day too.

Ok can't watch this **** anymore.

It's fairly dire alright. Tomorrow will be better. Such a shame that there isn't a regular tour event at Pebble Beach that does involve watching hacks.

Harrington finishes with a birdie. Nice round of -4 has him tied 13th right now. Lowry shot -1, so should just sneak in to the final round.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Harrington finishes with a birdie. Nice round of -4 has him tied 13th right now. Lowry shot -1, so should just sneak in to the final round.

Yes good stuff - looks like he will be just inside top 20 at end of day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Harrington appears to have picked up another shot in the clubhouse. Now at -9?

• Advertisement

Harrington appears to have picked up another shot in the clubhouse. Now at -9?

Nailed getting the first round in at the 19th I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Why is european tour coverage soooo much better than the pga tour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

m1ck007 wrote: »
    Why is european tour coverage soooo much better than the pga tour?

Are you talking about TV coverage or internet coverage?

In fairness, I think the PGA Tour site is better than the European Tour website, with shot tracker and play by play. Those features are only available on the Pebble Beach course this week, which is a bit frustrating, but generally I find the PGA site good for live coverage.

TV coverage on the other hand can be pretty dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

abff wrote: »
    Are you talking about TV coverage or internet coverage?

In fairness, I think the PGA Tour site is better than the European Tour website, with shot tracker and play by play. Those features are only available on the Pebble Beach course this week, which is a bit frustrating, but generally I find the PGA site good for live coverage.

TV coverage on the other hand can be pretty dire.

Tv coverage. European tour is golf. Pga tour is celebrities, charities, sponsers, the metlife blimp, advertisements or back to the studio every 6 mins plus nick faldo

m1ck007 wrote: »
    Tv coverage. European tour is golf. Pga tour is celebrities, charities, sponsers, the metlife blimp, advertisements or back to the studio every 6 mins plus nick faldo

I think the big number of ad breaks taken by the US channels makes a mess of the whole thing. This week is painful though, having the pro-am with all those celebrities. Mind you, I'm finding the European tour coverage this week a bit dull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well paddy has gone all out attack anyway!!

Went with driver off the first and straight onto the green!!

Scratch that, shot tracker was wrong. Bogey at the first

• Advertisement

Come on Phil - I'd love him to win.

Come on Phil - I'd love him to win.

Hopefully. And a in form Phil coming up to the Masters will be one to look out for too.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Bloody jim nantz trying to fill some time there.. bullsh1te on about going to the beach!!

Harrington shot +2 today - tied 21st right now, down ten places on yesterday. Shane Lowry got 3 birdies on his homeward 9 to give him a round of -2. He has climbed to tied 35th - good effort.

Edit: Shot tracker and score card for Shane have been updated. He shot -1 today, currently tied 41st.

Phil likely to get up and down to force a play-off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Such a slow finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

11 years since a win, fair play to him...the poor wife is very emotional..definite ride tonight for Valentines !

HighLine wrote: »
    Phil likely to get up and down to force a play-off!

Have to say that was poor from Phil all round.

The chip and the putt.
    Sort of 3 shots I would do myself - poor contact , uncertain putt.

That was well withing Phil's grasp and he let it go. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Delighted for Vaughan Taylor though - huge win for him and he seems a nice guy. Up to number 100 in the world.

Rory didn't play last week, so Day is back to second in the rankings. Lowry slipped to 23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

That was well withing Phil's grasp and he let it go. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Delighted for Vaughan Taylor though - huge win for him and he seems a nice guy. Up to number 100 in the world.

You mean you don't remember him from the 2006 Ryder Cup, me neither...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Phil was on the 9.50 Tee time (Local time, + 8 hours difference, so 5.50pm Irish time tee time). At around 11.20pm Irish time he was playing the 18th hole. Are PGA rounds always 5.5-6 hours long, or longer? Anyone know the average PGA round length? Never really thought about it before too much as with the time difference etc and the condensed coverage you wouldn't think so watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Phil was on the 9.50 Tee time (Local time, + 8 hours difference, so 5.50pm Irish time tee time). At around 11.20pm Irish time he was playing the 18th hole. Are PGA rounds always 5.5-6 hours long, or longer? Anyone know the average PGA round length? Never really thought about it before too much as with the time difference etc and the condensed coverage you wouldn't think so watching.

It wasn't a regular tourny. There were amateurs playing in the same group. Rounds are usually 4.5 for a 3 ball

There was alot of messing around with amateurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

They stop play so they can go for commercials just like American Football
    I jest, I jest ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement