Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Seve OB wrote: »
    I think the difference between them might be that it seems to us that Rory has a life outside golf. Eldricks life was golf.
    During daylight hours anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Good start for Shane at The Honda Classic, -3 after 6.

Padraig tees of at 5:45pm with McIlroy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Speak Now wrote: »
    Good start for Shane at The Honda Classic, -3 after 6.

Padraig tees of at 5:45pm with McIlroy.

Featured groups are on the red button.

Couple of short ones missed by Shane, back to -1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Really good to see Michelson back to some form. Has been quite consistent this season so far. Hopefully he continue this and compete with the young lads!!!

Solid start for Shane but will be disappointed with the two drop shots from short putts.

Lovely opening round of -3 for Shane - shaky in the middle of the round, but lovely birdie eagle finish!

vienne86 wrote: »
    Lovely opening round of -3 for Shane - shaky in the middle of the round, but lovely birdie eagle finish!

Some second shot on the last from 260 odd yards to a foot or so. Great shooting.

Again... Rory starts off with another bad wedge shot. 114 yards and he missed the green and left himself 14 yards from the pin and then proceeded to bogey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

Is shot tracker correct in saying McIlroy missed the green from 120 yards on the fairway on the 1st and made bogey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

MoonBoots is off to another good start. He is becoming a much better more consistent player ever since he got those mad looking things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

MoonBoots is off to another good start. He is becoming a much better more consistent player ever since he got those mad looking things

Whos that?

fowler-footwear.jpg

m1ck007 wrote: »
    Whos that?

Hint: wears orange gear on day 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Have to say they are the worse piece of golf fashion since loudmouth - if someone walks into my 3 ball with them - I'm off.

Have to say they are the worse piece of golf fashion since loudmouth - if someone walks into my 3 ball with them - I'm off.

Totally agree. They are bloody awful.

What a chip in by Fowler.

Jayus - unlucky from Padraig. Inside palm tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

Jayus - unlucky from Padraig. Inside palm tree.

ya, took a double from it. pity, was very unlucky that it didn't come down..

ya, took a double from it. pity, was very unlucky that it didn't come down..

I'd say he had to go back to the tee - as there was no way he could have identified it ?

I think it was the first drive I seen him make this year - and was thinking great swing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That'd be Butch. He has moved up a level since working with him a couple of years back. Almost instantly, he started to perform better with the 4 major Top 5's and then built on that with his wins last year.

Butch is a mad looking thing too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Rickie has the style to pull off that outfit, good luck to him. Thankfully he's now winning tournaments so nobody can say he's just a show pony any more. GO RICKIE!!!

Well it looks like Davis love is pulling out all the stops to try and win back the Ryder cup this year. Some questionable clothing choices!!!

Can anyone name all the players??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

HighLine wrote: »
    Don't think there would be too many people more qualified to make this judgement. Agree with him.

Phil Mickelson believes none of the 'big four' are close to Tiger Woods in his prime

I really wouldn't agree with Mickelson there although obviously he's far better positioned to judge. Tiger can't hold a candle to Rory when it comes to ball striking. Obviously he's a far better putter though and seems like he's a bit stronger mentally too.

Not sure Tiger would match up with Jason Day as a ball striker either.

I'd still rate Tiger as better overall but his ball striking was probably his achilles heel, at least in his later years of dominance when he seemed to just employ a policy of "just the thing in the fairway by any means possible and I'll be too good for the rest of them from there on" which in fairness was true but his driving (at least after his very early years) was never an absolute weapon to destroy the field like Rory's can be.

Rory just made a tripple on the par 3 5th.

Fairly average shot from Sergio here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

HighLine wrote: »
    Fairly average shot from Sergio here

How did it not go in!

Barnaboy wrote: »
    How did it not go in!

It certainly deserved to. What an absolute stunner of a shot and creativity.

Well it looks like Davis love is pulling out all the stops to try and win back the Ryder cup this year. Some questionable clothing choices!!!

Can anyone name all the players??

Now that would be a dinner party I would like to go to. Wonder how many majors there are in that room... 40+?

Interesting that Mr Top 5 turned down the invite to attend even though he was playing in the tournament this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Oof... quadruple for Scotty

Oof... quadruple for Scotty

He obviously wanted to make the tournament a bit interesting!!! He had one of the best rounds you will see before that 7.

Big test for Sergio tomorrow. Hasn't won in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Another one Sergio has let slip. Fair play to Scott though, his putting was class. Fair play to him after switching from the broom handle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

dar_cool wrote: »
    Another one Sergio has let slip. Fair play to Scott though, his putting was class. Fair play to him after switching from the broom handle

Some of his iron play was great also, that bunker iron that nailed the pin on the back nine was a huge shot

So Sky coverage starting at 1800 - no featured groups coming on earlier on the red button, as far as I can see.

Very good interview by Claude with Phil after his round. Great to see Phil still so hungry for success.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Speak Now wrote: »
    Very good interview by Claude with Phil after his round. Great to see Phil still so hungry for success.

I'm liking Claude in general. Good straight forward analysis of a lot of swings with simple tips that the average player can take away without having to hit the gym and range 5 days a week!

Also how good is it to have the full European tour coverage the last couple of weeks?
    I'm inclined not to bother watching if it's the US coverage of:
    • Ad break
    • 2 shots ( at least one a putt)
    • Break
    • Talk to sponsor
    • 1 more shot
    • Break
    • And repeat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

What time do Sky go live tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

What time do Sky go live tonight?

6pm

shaunac93 wrote: »
    6pm

Nice, that's me sorted in work for the rest of the evening :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Awful round today from matsumyana

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Awful round today from matsumyana
    Who? :confused: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Who? :confused: :eek:

Matsuyama, surely could make that one out.

Good round for Mcillroy, be a good weekend

Really shaping up well for a good weekend. It's still early days but the new putting stroke seems to be working well for Rory. Just the one bad miss on the second.

Some melt down by Phil on the homeward 9. :eek:

vienne86 wrote: »
    Some melt down by Phil on the homeward 9. :eek:

The chip shot after he hit the water 15, dreadful for any golfer but for Phil that was really shocking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Mushy wrote: »
    Matsuyama, surely could make that one out.
    He was a WD last week so not sure what's going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Is it top 64 only for the entry this week? Lee and Poults probably on the raz.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Anyone else think this course doesn't look good on tv and is just a long drag of a course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

Great seeing the two best ballstrikers playing together. 6th hole mcilroy driver to 110yds out in rough Scott iron to 155 out on fairway. Scott gets to within 10 yards of hole. McIlroy outside 25. Great golf !!!!

• Advertisement

Rory playing some very nice golf yesterday and today... think I'll try the left hand low grip in the morning! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement