Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGA Tour Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Does anyone know when play is set to resume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

m1ck007 wrote: »

They are saying around 10/10.15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

m1ck007 wrote: »

Hopefully soon, the rain looks to have stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

They are saying around 10/10.15

Yes 10pm confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

Seamus Power has followed up last months win on the Web.com tour with top 10s in the last 2 events.
    That moves him up to 6th on the money list with $168k. 162k was enough to earn a PGA Tour card last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I'd miss my own wedding for the chance to play at The Open.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/748084964978212864

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

HighLine wrote: »
    I'd miss my own wedding for the chance to play at The Open.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/748084964978212864

unreal. maybe his only chance ever... who knows, but these opportunities don't come around all that often.

Foolish decision IMO

We arranged our own wedding date around her brother to make sure he would be there. We had to pick a week with no event on or else he would have missed the wedding. And he is only a caddy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Seve OB wrote: »
    unreal. maybe his only chance ever... who knows, but these opportunities don't come around all that often.

Foolish decision IMO

We arranged our own wedding date around her brother to make sure he would be there. We had to pick a week with no event on or else he would have missed the wedding. And he is only a caddy!!!!

Not quite the same situation, unless you had to change the date of your wedding a few weeks before it?

Also, some Americans don't see the Open as the be all and end all like we do. Billy Hurley more than most doesn't seem to see golf as being the only priority in his life.

Foolish decision IMO

Completely agree. Obviously he is a young guy but maybe this year could have been his only chance to ever play The Open.... and he turns it down... for his sister's wedding.

Think she might have been content with a rather bulky envelope instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I was originally thinking that it was crazy to not play The Open but I can understand when you see what the family has been through in the last year or so, Hurley could be tasked with giving the bride away in the absence of the father for all we know, it will no doubt be an emotional day for the family, so I guess it is just a game at times to some people, rightfully so obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looks like DJ has closed out another big tournament. He's playing some golf at the moment and his 'weakness', his putting, is really looking like one of the strongest parts of his game now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Same runner-up also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Poor finish by Day 4,7,4,5, when it was in his hands.

DJ played well but Day opened the door and in he walked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Day's driving has been dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

DJ is visiting these shores next week before Troon, wonder where?

• Advertisement

Will be on the lookout.... for Mrs Johnson :D

Think he played Royal Dublin and Portmarnock the last time he was here.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Tiger and Mark o Meara and others used come every year about 10 or 15 years ago and play Waterville and Dooks and others. Wonder would he go to those

Poor finish by Day 4,7,4,5, when it was in his hands.

DJ played well but Day opened the door and in he walked.

DJ hit 66 and 66 over the weekend tbh I think Day had been getting away with it in some respects although its hard to say when his scramblimg was so good it just near impossible to keep that up for so long.

I'd have to give DJ full credit for the win only one to put pressure on Day from behind.

HighLine wrote: »
    Will be on the lookout.... for Mrs Johnson :D

Think he played Royal Dublin and Portmarnock the last time he was here.

Yep. Good friend of mine met him in Dublin The night before playing in royal dublin and dj asked him to caddy for him afterwards.

Jammy fecker. Wonder if DJ will look him up again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't think there's a PGA event before The Open so bound to be an increased chance of sightings over the coming days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The European Club usually gets a bit of business.

Rikand wrote: »
    Yep. Good friend of mine met him in Dublin The night before playing in royal dublin and dj asked him to caddy for him afterwards.

Jammy fecker. Wonder if DJ will look him up again

Tell me more! Who, what , why , where, when etc..... It would be an honour to carry DJ's bag and see him driving a ball up close...

https://twitter.com/IslandGolfClub/status/751775858130579456

Tell me more! Who, what , why , where, when etc..... It would be an honour to carry DJ's bag and see him driving a ball up close...

Who :: I dont want to say his name, but there's a good few here who would know him quite well. He had a very good amateur career himself and is currently training to be a pro.
    What :: My mate was drinking in the same bar as DJ, introduced himself and said he was a member in Royal Dublin. DJ said he was playing there and asked my mate to caddy for him.
    Why :: That's the why :)
    Where :: Think that's also covered in the what
    When :: A week before the Open. Pretty much this time last year :)

It was an honour for him and an incredible experience.

Rikand wrote: »
    Who :: I dont want to say his name, but there's a good few here who would know him quite well. He had a very good amateur career himself and is currently training to be a pro.
    What :: My mate was drinking in the same bar as DJ, introduced himself and said he was a member in Royal Dublin. DJ said he was playing there and asked my mate to caddy for him.
    Why :: That's the why :)
    Where :: Think that's also covered in the what
    When :: A week before the Open. Pretty much this time last year :)

It was an honour for him and an incredible experience.

Very lucky indeed, so he obviously accdepted Dj's offer to caddy! Do they clear a course out for a pro like that?, I'm very curious to how these things work, like today for example did DJ just rock up to the island and say he wants to play, back to your friend was it just DJ playing by himself or what sort of entourage did he have with him, did he tip his caddy, I'd imagine the tip was being able to carry his clubs!

Very lucky indeed, so he obviously accdepted Dj's offer to caddy! Do they clear a course out for a pro like that?, I'm very curious to how these things work, like today for example did DJ just rock up to the island and say he wants to play, back to your friend was it just DJ playing by himself or what sort of entourage did he have with him, did he tip his caddy, I'd imagine the tip was being able to carry his clubs!

Theses guys have loads of background people working with them. Somebody will be there to do all the planning. Though not always a lot of advance notice. So it could be a phone call a day or so before. I guess they would not want it getting out where there are going to be all the time. Courses will do whatever they have to in order to get a superstar playing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

This is some round by Jim Furyk so far in the Travellers.
    Twenty seven shots for the front nine and three birdies for the first three on the back.
    Eleven under for his round after twelve holes

pcasso wrote: »
    This is some round by Jim Furyk so far in the Travellers.
    Twenty seven shots for the front nine and three birdies for the first tree on the back.
    Eleven under for his round after twelve holes

Holy smokes! Only a par 70 too, so pars in for a 59!

Two pars for a 58!

I'm a fan of Jim but of all players I'd pick to shoot 58 he'd be low down the list, he's normally steady, reliable etc not one for exploding like this, hope he does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ridiculous stuff from furyk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Mad that he has a putt for 57!

I'm a fan of Jim but of all players I'd pick to shoot 58 he'd be low down the list, he's normally steady, reliable etc not one for exploding like this, hope he does it.

He has shot a 59 on tour before

https://twitter.com/JasonSobelESPN/status/762321791117393920

And people say Tiger is too old to come back.

Misses the birdie for a 57 so has to console himself with a 58!!

Amazing.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Some round!
    Well done Jim

-11 for the 11 holes from the 2nd to the 12th.:eek:

I regularly shot 20 under in Tiger Woods games years ago, so not exactly amazing by Jim. Still, a fair enough effort.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

That is history right there, take a bow Jim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Furyk said in his interview with Claude Harmon that there have been approx 1,500,000 rounds of golf on the PGA tour to date, and he's the only one with a 58. Amazing achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jim had a 59 in the BMW championship in 2013. Only man to do two in the 50s. Fair play

If it's only a par 70 it's not a real 58 IMO. It's no different to Darren Clark's 60 at the par 72 KClub so let's not get to carried away.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

It's crazy he was only -1 for his last 6 holes and still shot a 58.

PGA tour app is a bit mad on my phone. I can't drill into any scores and can't get shot tracker up. Pretty sure thatvused to work.

Also interesting that in all their news stories, not one about big Jim today.

Anyone else have similar issues. I'm on Android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭e.r

If it's only a par 70 it's not a real 58 IMO. It's no different to Darren Clark's 60 at the par 72 KClub so let's not get to carried away.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still class.

Less par 5's on a 70 track. I'd say it's pretty impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I regularly shot 20 under in Tiger Woods games years ago, so not exactly amazing by Jim. Still, a fair enough effort.

I think my record was 24 under around St Andrews.

Incredible round from Jim. 46? Just amazing. Happy for him. Seems like a very nice guy.

I think my record was 24 under around St Andrews.

Incredible round from Jim. 46? Just amazing. Happy for him. Seems like a very nice guy.

Makes sense, you could drive a lot of greens at St.Andrews Eagles galore.

Lucky lucky boy Russell Knox

Knox gets his second win of the year and moves into top20 in the world.

Really should get him on European Ryder cup team now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement