Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gw 35-38 The captains

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone not going to captain Bale this week and if so who and more importantly Why.

Barring injury, Bale is my captain this week. For me, it's an absolute no-brainer. 180 minutes, good fixtures and incredible form.

Even if I was chasing a lead, I would captain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Barring injury, Bale is my captain this week. For me, it's an absolute no-brainer. 180 minutes, good fixtures and incredible form.

Even if I was chasing a lead, I would captain him.

Exactly. RVP a week ago showed what can happen people who attempt to be too clever.

90% of the time the obvious choice is the right one IMO.

If Bale can get a goal and assist against City, he can score against anyone in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

keane2097 wrote: »
    The Wigan fighting for their lives thing is a nonsense. Like they wouldn't have been trying as hard if they game was on two months ago?

You can maybe make a very tenuous argument about teams with nothing to play for caring less, but Wigan are where they are because they're crap, not because they've been saving an extra level of effort for the last four games of the year.

Your argument, on a Betfair/Bookies level is strictly true, Wigan are 2/1 to win @ WBA tomorrow. However, I wouldn't be as dismissive as you regarding Wigan players as FF prospects. Teams have historically raised their game to avoid relegation. Take Deportivo la Coruna for example this season. 4 wins in their 1st 29 games, 3wins and 2 draws in their last 5. Wigan have flirted with relegation in the past few years and have escaped with heightened performances in the final 4 or 5 weeks of the season. Their plight may be inescapable this season but they will score goals and will see their 2 games this gw as winnable. There will be goals. Gambling is one thing, FF another entirely.

Advertisement