Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering data from a MAC OS X to an external harddrive.

Options
  • 23-04-2013 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am trying to firstly back up my laptop on an external hard drive. ( a toshiba stor.e canvio i think it is called). My MAC upon plugging the hard drive into the Laptop automatically loaded a program called 'time machine backup'. I followed the instructions and it is now backing up the whole laptop.

I wish to transfer all my photo files and documents in order to free up space on the laptop as warning messages have flashed up that the hard drive is full and in turn completely slowing down the laptop.

Once this back up has been completed, does anyone have any tips or directions on how I should go about transfering the specific files or is it just a straightforward drag and drop?

I have never done anything like this before and dont want to make a mess of it.:D

Thanks guys any help / tips would be appreciated!

Advertisement