Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-going nonsense

Options
  • 23-04-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have been on to eircom nearly every week for the past 6 months at least to solve why my speeds are so low, and why my DSL disconnects 5-10 times a day ( Every day ) the thing that drove me mad is them wanting 60 euro or something to send me out a new router..one that i didn't break ( was never working ) even with ticket numbers, the support on the phone ( bar one intelligent guy ) wanted to keep going over the same things, in some cases i did the same steps within an hour of doing the last one. Engineer comes out about 2 months ago and puts a new box in the hall and leaves, still same problem. i rang up a few weeks back to cancel eircom altogether for phone and bb, and the guy convinced me to stay promising he would look into it, never called back.

Anyway, im now comparing prices of UPC and Sky's new bb to decide which one i will go with, but this whole thing has angered me, not once did someone take ownership, not once. Every time someone different, and every time wanting to try the same damn troubleshooting steps as the last guy. When i do pick a new provider, i will be contacting eircom to tell them not to bother sending a final bill, i will not pay a penny.

The one person who listened and skipped the bs was nice enough to get me a new modem to try ( which didn't work ) but that was one person in hundreds i have talked to.

i paid for 24 meg broadband, and as i sit here now im getting 5, max was ever 12.

Shame on you for making your support staff drones, and for not taking ownership of a problem and seeing it through to resolution.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Fujiguy wrote: »
    I have been on to eircom nearly every week for the past 6 months at least to solve why my speeds are so low, and why my DSL disconnects 5-10 times a day ( Every day ) the thing that drove me mad is them wanting 60 euro or something to send me out a new router..one that i didn't break ( was never working ) even with ticket numbers, the support on the phone ( bar one intelligent guy ) wanted to keep going over the same things, in some cases i did the same steps within an hour of doing the last one. Engineer comes out about 2 months ago and puts a new box in the hall and leaves, still same problem. i rang up a few weeks back to cancel eircom altogether for phone and bb, and the guy convinced me to stay promising he would look into it, never called back.

Anyway, im now comparing prices of UPC and Sky's new bb to decide which one i will go with, but this whole thing has angered me, not once did someone take ownership, not once. Every time someone different, and every time wanting to try the same damn troubleshooting steps as the last guy. When i do pick a new provider, i will be contacting eircom to tell them not to bother sending a final bill, i will not pay a penny.

The one person who listened and skipped the bs was nice enough to get me a new modem to try ( which didn't work ) but that was one person in hundreds i have talked to.

i paid for 24 meg broadband, and as i sit here now im getting 5, max was ever 12.

Shame on you for making your support staff drones, and for not taking ownership of a problem and seeing it through to resolution.
    Hi Fujiguy

I'm very sorry to hear of this, it does seem like you have had a very negative experience contacting eircom. If you would like to DM me your account details I can assure you I will investigate this in full and provide the best support and assistance I can offer.

Kind regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fujiguy

Hi Fujiguy

I'm very sorry to hear of this, it does seem like you have had a very negative experience contacting eircom. If you would like to DM me your account details I can assure you I will investigate this in full and provide the best support and assistance I can offer.

Kind regards

Al
    Thank you but it is beyond this at this point, i have already contacted UPC, and in the next few days will be switching over. If anything, what i would have  loved is an escalation system for support, where after a set amount of troubleshooting fails, the issue can be sent to an escalation agent who follows up and takes ownership. half my annoyance was having to tell every technician the same story and go through the same steps EVERY call.

Rgds,

Paraic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Fujiguy wrote: »
    Thank you but it is beyond this at this point, i have already contacted UPC, and in the next few days will be switching over. If anything, what i would have  loved is an escalation system for support, where after a set amount of troubleshooting fails, the issue can be sent to an escalation agent who follows up and takes ownership. half my annoyance was having to tell every technician the same story and go through the same steps EVERY call.

Rgds,

Paraic.

Hi Fujiguy

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this negative experience has caused. If ever you require any further assistance please get in touch with me here as I would be happy to help.

Best wishes

Al

Advertisement