Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No such thing as bad publicity(well maybe there is)

Options
  • 23-04-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/cowell-off-the-fags-592231.html

Simon Cowell has quit smoking cigarettes.

The 'X Factor' boss has finally kicked his 40-a-day habit in a bid to preserve his looks by taking up electronic cigarettes, which let him get his nicotine hit without having to inhale harmful smoke
    Amanda Holden, his fellow 'Britain's Got Talent' judge, told The Daily Mirror newspaper: "Simon does not smoke anymore. He has got a vaporising cigarette instead. He smokes air, or rather water. It's amazing."

A 'BGT' source added: "Simon is trying to cut down on the menthols and he's finding that electronic cigarettes are really helping."

The 53-year-old star has his work cut out for him, having tried to quit twice before without success.

In January 2012, Simon underwent hypnotherapy in a desperate attempt to give up the habit, and managed to cut down from 44 cigarettes a day to 15 with the support of his friends and family.

He was then ordered to stop altogether by his doctor when he collapsed from nervous exhaustion last summer.

Simon - who has a history of lung cancer in his family - previously admitted he started smoking at the age of eight when his brother offered him a cigarette.

The star might be famed for his health-conscious lifestyle and following fads like sheep placenta facials and inhaling pure oxygen from a gas can, but he hasn't been able to banish his favourite vice.

He confessed: "I genuinely still love smoking. I equate smoking with having a good time.

"I shouldn't be saying this but, well, they're not illegal, are they? After sex - amazing."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

am i missing the 'bad' publicity bit?

i mean sure, it reads as press release straight from his PR company but i don't see the harm in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

The bad publicity was more of a joke really. But yeah the more people using them, and the more publicity the get the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Anyone wrote: »
    The bad publicity was more of a joke really. But yeah the more people using them, and the more publicity the get the better.

//Pessimism On
    The sooner they get taxed
    //Pessimism Off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

i was gonna make a thread for this but ill just put here here.mods please move it,if need be.

so i saw this on east coast vaping fb page today,looking forward to see how the paper handles it.
    "we be featuring in the Consumer Section of the Irish Independent this Thursday ;), don't forget to pick up a copy!!"

hope its all good cos they are nice people to
    deal with.im popin down to the shop today to stock up on juice ,ill
    try to get some info on it. i think it would be good to have more b+m shops for people to
    try before they buy rather than the throw aways
    which can put people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

big write up in the irish indo today.
    havnt read it yet. its about the bray
    shop,anyone read it yet.
    maybe save me from buyin it lol

edit:ovale are also in the article.
    a good news article :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

deco nate wrote: »
    i was gonna make a thread for this but ill just put here here.mods please move it,if need be.

so i saw this on east coast vaping fb page today,looking forward to see how the paper handles it.
    "we be featuring in the Consumer Section of the Irish Independent this Thursday ;), don't forget to pick up a copy!!"

hope its all good cos they are nice people to
    deal with.im popin down to the shop today to stock up on juice ,ill
    try to get some info on it. i think it would be good to have more b+m shops for people to
    try before they buy rather than the throw aways
    which can put people off.

Whats their range like?
    I've been meaning to pop in for a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Going back to the op.... I would love to know what Simon cowell is using, cant imagine him making his own wicks and coils:-D He must be using the best of the best cigalikes.
    Btw, anybody see the courtney love njoy add, worth a watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Looks photoshopped but there you go:

http://ukvapefest.com/

cowell-snubs-vapefest.jpg

Advertisement