Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Meant to be Jovetic but I thought he'd stay in Serie A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Meant to be Jovetic but I thought he'd stay in Serie A

If the money is right Fiorentia will sell. And he probably wants CL football.

Not sure he's the player Arsenal really need, but he's a great player.

Seaneh wrote: »
    If the money is right Fiorentia will sell. And he probably wants CL football.

Not sure he's the player Arsenal really need, but he's a great player.

No doubting his talent but hes not really an out and out striker that I assumed Arsenal would go for to bolster their front line, now hes more then adept to play in the hole or from the wing but I thought theyed go for another CF, unless they move Podolski/Walcott through the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Barcelona are interested in signing Kompany for £20M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

swoody wrote: »

As a joke?

• Advertisement

They may have to bump that bid up by about another 10 million at least, City dont have to sell Kompany at all and for such a cheap price theyed be mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Platini has had his moans about Premier League clubs spending excessively and is gone very quiet now that PSG & Monaco are splashing out huge sums on players:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

zerks wrote: »
    Platini has had his moans about Premier League clubs spending excessively and is gone very quiet now that PSG & Monaco are splashing out huge sums on players:rolleyes:

I don't think the FFF are particularly happy with Monaco with their tax free status.

Also re PSG and Platini...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/platini-against-manchester-city-psg-183500824--sow.html

greendom wrote: »
    I don't think the FFF are particularly happy with Monaco with their tax free status.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/platini-against-manchester-city-psg-183500824--sow.html

Isn't the tax rate for the likes of Zlatan etc. to rise to 75% or something? Monaco of course are exempt from this & the other clubs aren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

greendom wrote: »

i read somewhere that the FFF and their president Noel Le Graet demanded a payment of 200 million euros to settle a dispute over relocating the club. Monaco i think are taking legal action against both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

zerks wrote: »
    Isn't the tax rate for the likes of Zlatan etc. to rise to 75% or something? Monaco of course are exempt from this & the other clubs aren't happy.
    No I think Hollande scraped it when all the big earners basically said they'd leave the country and become tax residents in Belgium and other surrounding countries.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

They can have Vermaelen instead if Cesc is feeling homesick :pac:

Does Kompany have Barca DNA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

such an overated player
    couldnt handle Kone in the Cup Final

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

According to who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

No I think Hollande scraped it when all the big earners basically said they'd leave the country and become tax residents in Belgium and other surrounding countries.

Still though, Monaco has 0% income tax so they have a huge advantage regardless what France's tax rate is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Carroll to West Ham looks on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mike65 wrote: »
    Carroll to West Ham looks on.

No.
    Clubs have agreed fee.
    Carroll hasn't made up his mind yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No doubting his talent but hes not really an out and out striker that I assumed Arsenal would go for to bolster their front line, now hes more then adept to play in the hole or from the wing but I thought theyed go for another CF, unless they move Podolski/Walcott through the middle.

RvP and Henry used to be considered the same way in terms of their positions so perhaps Wenger is thinking he can get similar results with Jovetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This guy is usually pretty bang on. Former scout and most recently sporting director at AS Monaco:

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk 3m
    I have on good authority that two Premier League clubs (one apparently being Arsenal) are interested in West Ham's centre-back Winston Reid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thiago looks to be leaving Barca,due to a clause in his contract he can leave for a fee of £20 million.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

€20 million is a more than a bit over priced for him, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

Didn't see him signing a new contract at all tbh. Silly move from Bale as Levy will have more control over him now. Firstly, I don't see him at Real Madrid. He's not nearly as talented as Ronaldo and he plays in a similar position. Secondly why tie himself closer to a club that has failed to make CL twice in a row? Spurs are a sell-to-buy club, where is the improvement going to come from?

I can see the point in staying at Spurs for another year but why sign a new deal? Madness tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Didn't see him signing a new contract at all tbh. Silly move from Bale as Levy will have more control over him now. Firstly, I don't see him at Real Madrid. He's not nearly as talented as Ronaldo and he plays in a similar position. Secondly why tie himself closer to a club that has failed to make CL twice in a row? Spurs are a sell-to-buy club, where is the improvement going to come from?

I can see the point in staying at Spurs for another year but why sign a new deal? Madness tbh.

Its not madness at all. Why sit on a contract because of speculation when you can earn more money now. If he really doesnt like whats going on 1 year or 2 down the road, he can always put in a transfer request. Explain how he was going to earn more over the spurs over by moving when the transfer fee this summer would have been through the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Spurs and Levy forking out 150k a week can't see that being true at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

On the face of it, perhaps.....but not when you look a little deeper.

They actually made it last year by finishing fourth. It was just rotten luck that cost them with Chelsea winning it and inexplicably finishing outside the top 4. That wont happen again.

This year, they missed out on the last day of the season.....with a record points total for not qualifying. Arsenal won eight of their last ten games to pip them. That's not normal form.

Spurs are a team on the up. Yes, they've missed out twice in a row but it was by the narrowest of margins. It's not like they are Everton or Liverpool who are quite bit behind. They are already just as good as Arsenal. All they are missing is a top class striker to be a solid top 4 team.

I'm not surprised he signed a new deal. He'll be on more money, and be top dog at the club. Sometimes the grass is not always greener. I'm sure his ego will be boosted by being linked by these massive clubs and yet he never has to prove he's good enough to play with them. Everyone just assumes it because he's being linked. I'd say being at spurs suits him.

Kirby wrote: »
    On the face of it, perhaps.....but not when you look a little deeper.

They actually made it last year by finishing fourth. It was just rotten luck that cost them with Chelsea winning it and inexplicably finishing outside the top 4. That wont happen again.

This year, they missed out on the last day of the season.....with a record points total for not qualifying. Arsenal won eight of their last ten games to pip them. That's not normal form.

Spurs are a team on the up. Yes, they've missed out twice in a row but it was by the narrowest of margins. It's not like they are Everton or Liverpool who are quite bit behind. They are already just as good as Arsenal. All they are missing is a top class striker to be a solid top 4 team.

I'm not surprised he signed a new deal. He'll be on more money, and be top dog at the club. Sometimes the grass is not always greener. I'm sure his ego will be boosted by being linked by these massive clubs and yet he never has to prove he's good enough to play with them. Everyone just assumes it because he's being linked. I'd say being at spurs suits him.

Actually Arsenal had the second best form in the league since January just pipped by two points by United in the second half of the season ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Actually Arsenal had the second best form in the league since January just pipped by two points by United in the second half of the season ;).

Which is why I mentioned their great form in the run in. Eight wins and Two draws in their last ten. But that's a purple patch, it's not normal or sustainable.

Arsenal don't have a squad capable of winning the league........so "league winning form" is an outlier....not the norm. Spurs had a great chance of getting top 4 this year and they will have the same great chance next year.

Kirby wrote: »
    Which is why I mentioned their great form in the run in. Eight wins and Two draws in their last ten. But that's a purple patch, it's not normal or sustainable.

Arsenal don't have a squad capable of winning the league........so "league winning form" is an outlier....not the norm. Spurs had a great chance of getting top 4 this year and they will have the same great chance next year.

Im not sure they will though, they really have to sign at least two top strikers, its not healthy to be so reliant on one player in a team a bad injury to Bale and there fooked what they do in the summer will decide if they will challenge for Champions League spots next season.

City and Chelsea be my favorites going into next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Paully D wrote: »

Ugh, FIFA have to ban it, it's pulling money of the game and giving it to Peter Kenyon of all people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

PSG have opened negotiations with Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, France's L'Equipe reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Porto players Joao Moutinho & James Rodriquez are in Monaco for their medicals. Expected to sign for around €50 million
    http://www.nicematin.com/as-monaco/rodriguez-et-moutinho-sont-a-monaco.1265500.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

JPA wrote: »
    Ugh, FIFA have to ban it, it's pulling money of the game and giving it to Peter Kenyon of all people.

Money will always leave the game and end up on the pockets of the likes of kenyon, its just the method they can ban in this instance

I don't see how the Falco example is any worse then what the glaziers are doing for example

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Money will always leave the game and end up on the pockets of the likes of kenyon, its just the method they can ban in this instance

I don't see how the Falco example is any worse then what the glaziers are doing for example

Transfers are supposed to have a knock on and trickle down effect within the game. Falcao will leave for 40 million but Athletico wont have 40 million to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Seems Beneteke could be a wanted man if Falcao goes...

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Benteke agent met last friday with Atletico Madrid, which promised to invest in him part of the money made by selling Falcao,according to AS.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

JPA wrote: »

If FIFA don't its likely the EU will anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

dahat wrote: »
    Seems Beneteke could be a wanted man if Falcao goes...

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri

Benteke agent met last friday with Atletico Madrid, which promised to invest in him part of the money made by selling Falcao,according to AS.......

Would be pleased with that replacement if true. I really rate him highly and I think he's good enough to make the step up.

Someone like Negredo would be the safer bet, but Benteke would be exciting.

Again, he seems like Simeone's type of player - strong, physical and capable of playing in a team that plays quite a lot of direct balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Still think Benteke himself needs another season of education if you like,hopefully he has the patience to sit another season before he makes a big move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dirty if true!
    Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Moutinho and Rodriguez signed for 70m €.Rumour has it that Porto sold Rodriguez for 69m so to pay to Sporting only 25% of 1m from Moutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Dirty if true!

sly move but a great idea from Porto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Probably not legal either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Dirty if true!

Jesus.

Porto are something else, if it is indeed true.

tancredipalmeri: FACT: Porto made 900m € from selling players in last 11 years. Meanwhile, won 1 Champions, 2 Europa League, 1 Club World Cup etc...

Jesus.

Porto are something else, if it is indeed true.

tancredipalmeri: FACT: Porto made 900m € from selling players in last 11 years. Meanwhile, won 1 Champions, 2 Europa League, 1 Club World Cup etc...

Have they though with all the 3rd party ownership involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This third party ownership ****e has to stop.

CSF wrote: »
    Probably not legal either.

Why wouldnt it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dempsey wrote: »
    Why wouldnt it be?
    Don't think you can make business transactions so obviously above market price for money laundering reasons, which in a roundabout way this actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I added up Porto's transfer sales from the late 90's a few weeks ago and it came to £529m. Numbers were from transfermarkt.de.

€900m? :confused:

CSF wrote: »
    Don't think you can make business transactions so obviously above market price for money laundering reasons, which in a roundabout way this actually is.

They can sell a player for whatever price they want, no chance of catching them on a bullsiht technicality tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement