Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

19495969798100»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Even as someone who made a big deal in this thread the other week about how good Bale is and how much of a success I think he'll be at Madrid if they've had to get rid of Ozil to bring him in then it doesn't make any sense even to me. Ozil is an incredible footballer. Hopefully if he's moving anywhere it is to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

adox wrote: »
    Ozil to an English club rumours gathering pace, most likely Arsenal. :eek:

Looks highly likely given that Utd turned him down and most of the other suitable clubs don't need him or have all business done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

dahat wrote: »
    Utd turned him down

When? Got a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Looks highly likely given that Utd turned him down and most of the other suitable clubs don't need him or have all business done.

Right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Kaká has rejoined AC Milan on a 2 year contract.

Rumoured to be a free transfer but unconfirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Would he not just replace Di Maria and leave Isco in the middle where he was today?

Maybe yeah, but Bale has never played there before other than a few odd games. We'll see I suppose.

Still putting Isco and Bale in the team at Ozil's expense is an insult to Ozil's ability. One of, if not the, best CAM in the world.

I hope he gets a move away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Beefy78 wrote: »
    When? Got a link?

Well rumoured that we were offered him 2 weeks ago but declined,his agent/dad has been touting him about for a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Mata, Kagawa & Ozil. 3 of the best attacking players in the world and can't even get a game. Absolute madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Preparing for the Domino effect
    OSo6iE2.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Kaká has rejoined AC Milan on a 2 year contract.

Rumoured to be a free transfer but unconfirmed

Balague saying its on loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

miralize wrote: »
    Preparing for the Domino effect
    OSo6iE2.gif

All we need is Jim White in that image instead!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

went to search the twittah machine for Villa speculation but could not see anything beyond The Lazio striker being brought in as backup for Benteke so thought Arsenal should be a bit more interesting

Renato‏@th14Renato2m
    - @carrusel reporting Ozil has asked to leave Real Madrid and has chosen to join Arsenal. #AFC

Real Madrid Info‏@RmadridInfo3m
    Real Madrid have received two bids for Ozil from Manchester City and PSG [Cadena Ser]

Al-Jazeera Sports: Ozil leaves Real Madrid and joins
    Arsenal

O_o

Gianluca Di Marzio ‏@dimarzio 8h

Update on @EmilianoViviano: deal closed on loan between @palermocalcioit and @Arsenal: he'll travel to London at 18pm from milano

Red Army‏@RedArmy496m
    Fees for BOTH Ozil and Di Maria were agreed last night. If rumours of Ancelotti stepping in to stop DM going, maybe it'll just be MO.

Arsenal at 45 million euros for Ozil I'm told from Spain. @talkSPORT

Then the Merseyside waffle"

@StanCollymore 4m

According to @tancredipalmeri Real Madrid are preparing a last minute offer for Luis Suarez.

EFC have bid for Mccarthy rejected. @talkSPORT
    Flurry if betting on Fellaini to Man City. @talkSPORT

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

I'm shaking over this Ozil business. He's literally world class, I can't believe he's going to sign.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He only follows 11 people on Twitter, 1 is Podolski so if he does sign at least he will have a friend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

PSG have offered 45m for Ozil also. He's only 24 :eek: Seems to have been around for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

City sign Demichelis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

City sign Demichelis.
    Demechellis%20signing%20pic2.ashx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Since Real Madrid last won the Champions League in 2002, a mere 11 years ago, they have spent in excess of £1Billion on transfers :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Gonna be a fun day. Strap yourselves in.

Whoever gets Ozil is getting a hell of a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone know how much has been spent this summer between Real, Monaco, Napoli, PSG & the PL it must be well over a billion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Angel Di Maria could be a TDD wildcard. His game time will be very limited with Ronaldo and Bale on the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Angel Di Maria could be a TDD wildcard. His game time will be very limited with Ronaldo and Bale on the wings.

Premier league please. Except, City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

Biased United fan:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I was about to suggest United should sign Ozil. Then I remembered Kagawa.:o

Bed pan equipped for my deadline day tradition..

Jernal wrote: »
    I was about to suggest United should sign Ozil. Then I remembered Kagawa.:o

To be honest, the first person to sign is Levy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I've never ever seen Wenger with more of a smirk on his face than the post-game interview. He looked buzzing with himself, not for the result but for the impending transfer. Which leads me to believe it's gonna happen. Can't hurt having Podolski and Mertersacker at the club for the German link.

This could end up being a shocking weekend for Spurs fans. Bale officially gone. Lost to the Gooners in league. Capoue out for ages. New signings not great today. Then throw in Ozil to the mix and they won't be so chirpy around White Hart Lane tuesday morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I see Stoke have signed Arnautovic....good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The thing that would have to worry you most as a Spurs fan is the sheer amount of signings, of course its been exciting and there have been some very good players brought in, the squad and team has been improved massively. It is far from a certainty however that they will gel together quickly.

It would be amusing to have a QPR type situation, I don't think that will happen but I also don't expect to see the best of this team until next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Oat23 wrote: »
    I see Stoke have signed Arnautovic....good luck.

Thought he was fairly good. Gone downhill I take it then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Thought he was fairly good. Gone downhill I take it then?
    His attitude is terrible. Plus he's had issues with drink driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

so Ozil to Arsenal, great signing for them, :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

So that's what Wenger meant yesterday when he smiled and said we might have a surprise for you.

Unreal capture if it goes through, hope it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Outstanding signing for Arsenal. Just wondering how they'll accomodate both Cazorla and Ozil though. I'm sure Ancelotti had a lot to do with Ozil leaving, even though I love Ozil as a player, he does need a worker beside him sometimes to fill holes left by him. Im sure Wilshere will do that, but can they fit Cazorla in the same team, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Corholio wrote: »
    Outstanding signing for Arsenal. Just wondering how they'll accomodate both Cazorla and Ozil though. I'm sure Ancelotti had a lot to do with Ozil leaving, even though I love Ozil as a player, he does need a worker beside him sometimes to fill holes left by him. Im sure Wilshere will do that, but can they fit Cazorla in the same team, we'll see.

Cazorla is a pretty versatile player, i'm sure they'll fit them both in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like Dossena will be signing for Sunderland. Easy to see we have missed out on about 10 other targets for that position. I can't say I'm too excited at all about this, but then again I haven't seen a whole lot of him in Italy. Oh, and he apparently failed a medical at Torino during the week. Ridiculous.

Can anyone reassure me (probably not :pac:)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Corholio wrote: »

Straight swap for Rosicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Paully D wrote: »
    Looks like Dossena will be signing for Sunderland. Easy to see we have missed out on about 10 other targets for that position. I can't say I'm too excited at all about this, but then again I haven't seen a whole lot of him in Italy. Oh, and he apparently failed a medical at Torino during the week. Ridiculous.

If it helps ...

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/man-utd-1-4-liverpool-dossena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Bale trying to do tricks in the stadium was laughable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Bale trying to do tricks in the stadium was laughable.

What was he at kissing the badge?

Madrid fans are in for a shock if they think another Ronaldo is being born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Shane long to Hull is an interesting one!
    Bit of a step down there for the tipp man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Shane long to Hull is an interesting one!
    Bit of a step down there for the tipp man!

Especially when they get relegated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Paully D wrote: »

Scored against madrid and united in the space of a few days, what more do you want :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anichebe heading for WBA for about 5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sessegnon having medical at West Brom apparently, with his drink driving charge hanging over him they also want to hang onto Odemwingie to chauffeur him about!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Everton are gonna be weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Everton are gonna be weak.

They'll be doing some business this evening by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You guys know there's a deadline day thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

United were insane if they turned down the chance to buy such a quality player, really disappointed if that's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Arsenal won't spend/buy the quality Spurs did in 3 and a bit days.

I'm fairly happy that Ozil contravenes that prediction for the most part, I'll give you the spending part, but hey, you can't have everything rigjt.

Advertisement