Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

CSF wrote: »
    Might have been heading that direction if Valencia hadn't went to ****. Right now I think Falcao is still the only player they have who is really at the top level already, Rodriguez included.

For some reason I don't think you're talking about Edwin Valencia and you actually think Antonia Valencia is Colombian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Valencia isn't even from Colombia
    Seaneh wrote: »
    For some reason I don't think you're talking about Edwin Valencia and you actually think Antonia Valencia is Colombian?
    I actually do know this, but for some reason my brain went to mush:confused:, was about to make reference to Cristian Benitez too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

CSF wrote: »
    I actually do know this, but for some reason my brain went to mush:confused:, was about to make reference to Cristian Benitez too

The jerseys are similar :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Dortmund have signed Sokratis Papastathopoulos from Werder Bremen .

Sokratis is average at best, wouldn't even describe him as a good backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sokratis is average at best, wouldn't even describe him as a good backup.

Poor for Milan but done very well for the national team not sure about Werder but Dortmund don't just go for average players. He can play at Full back too so maybe he can transition into a utility player at Dortmund or perhaps be a LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Seaneh wrote: »
    Anyone else thing Colombia have been quietly developing a lot of very good footballers over the last 5/6 years?
    Could be a good bet to get to the 1/2 finals of the world cup next year.

I lived there for under 2 years up until recently, there's a lot of investment in the local game at youth levels these days. Medellin is producing some of the best young athletes in the world now from weight lifting to rugby, none of them would pass a drugs test though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Barcelona sign Neymar for around £32 million on a 5 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Corholio wrote: »

774210381.jpg?1369437727

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Yes! Yes! Yes!

The big signing that was needed. The kind of player who has the quality, reputation and character to take the pressure off Messi and make this Barcelona side more versatile. The prospect of Neymar linking up with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi is nothing short of mouthwatering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

They have agreed a deal in principle with Santos is the claim?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-24/neymar-wants-to-complete-santos-contract-as-barcelona-negotiates.html

32 mil is ridiculous also, that would mean Santos would only be pocketing about 17million for the hottest property in football? Not likely

People getting ahead of themselves maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

....And Barca continue to splash on an area of the squad that doesn't need improving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Would barca be better off not spending on their defence? Only so much adriano can fill in for :pac:

Seriously, just one semi reputable link to this **** being accurate.

Anyone?

Another Neymar transfer story http://www.fanatix.com/news/real-madrid-hijack-barcelonas-move-for-neymar-with-85-6m-bid/120359/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

kryogen wrote: »
    They have agreed a deal in principle with Santos is the claim?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-24/neymar-wants-to-complete-santos-contract-as-barcelona-negotiates.html

32 mil is ridiculous also, that would mean Santos would only be pocketing about 17million for the hottest property in football? Not likely

People getting ahead of themselves maybe?

He only has a year left on his contract so it was never going to be €70m+ like people said a while ago.

From Globo:
    20:52

Twitter oficial do Santos emite comunicado:

"O Santos FC informa que recebeu duas propostas pelo atleta Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. Diante das proposições e das condições do contrato do jogador, o Comitê de Gestão do clube decidiu negociar o jogador. Neymar Jr e seu pai são esperados na Vila Belmiro para escolher qual proposta o atleta irá aceitar".

Translated

"Santos FC announces that it has received two proposals by the athlete Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. Given the propositions and conditions of the player's contract, the management committee of the club decided to negotiate the player. Neymar Jr and his father are expected in Belmiro for choose which athlete will accept the proposal. "

http://globoesporte.globo.com/negociacao-neymar/cobertura/

THFC wrote: »
    ....And Barca continue to splash on an area of the squad that doesn't need improving.

I disagree entirely. We saw in the Champions League this season that without Messi there is nobody else who can take on the same responsibility that he does. We saw that if Messi were to get injured (as he was for the Bayern games) then Barcelona haven't got a player to fall back on. Villa hasn't been the same since the injury and is likely to leave this Summer, Sanchez, despite having a good run at the end of the season, had a poor campaign overall, Pedro's been poor all season while Tello has looked like the real deal but is still young.

A player the quality of Neymar, the age of Neymar, with the reputation of Neymar is a player worth signing and at that cost is certainly worth signing for a club like Barcelona.

The comaplint among some cules was that the team has been built around Messi too much, that it relies too heavily on him, that the emphasis on the Messi factor is too great, Neymar is a player that instantly offloads some of that reliance.

Oat23 wrote: »
    He only has a year left on his contract so it was never going to be €70m+ like people said a while ago.

From Globo:

Translated

"Santos FC announces that it has received two proposals by the athlete Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior. Given the propositions and conditions of the player's contract, the management committee of the club decided to negotiate the player. Neymar Jr and his father are expected in Belmiro for choose which athlete will accept the proposal. "

http://globoesporte.globo.com/negociacao-neymar/cobertura/

So again, the rumour is that a deal has been agreed in principle, with two clubs apparently. Im sorry I dont class them as a reputable source either tbh, they had Lucas in a United kit not too long ago :)

ps, of course he wasnt going to go for silly money, but I would imagine it will be around the 40-45 million mark, a bidding war guarantees as much surely. The papers have everyone from Madrid to Bayern bidding on him

The comaplint among some cules was that the team has been built around Messi too much, that it relies too heavily on him, that the emphasis on the Messi factor is too great, Neymar is a player that instantly offloads some of that reliance.

Since you use so many fancy words I had to google these to make sure they were typos.

So again, the rumour is that a deal has been agreed in principle, with two clubs apparently. Im sorry I dont class them as a reputable source either tbh, they had Lucas in a United kit not too long ago :)

Brazilian media always do that with a player in another teams kit.

Globo are reputable. There is a large gathering of media outside the clubs offices, it's happening.

The two offers are from Barca, not two different teams.

• Advertisement

ps, of course he wasnt going to go for silly money, but I would imagine it will be around the 40-45 million mark, a bidding war guarantees as much surely. The papers have everyone from Madrid to Bayern bidding on him

Apparently? That's a direct quote from Santos own twitter.

Since you use so many fancy words I had to google these to make sure they were typos.

Haha a combination of excitement and exhaustion is leading to a few typos creeping into my comments. That should have said "complaint" and "culé" respectively.

The speculation after the Santos twitter thing is saying they agreed a fee of 28million EUROS with Barca and 35million Euros with Madrid. 28million would be some piece of business if this craziness turns out to be accurate. Low risk on that one

http://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2013/05/24/santos-informa-que-recebeu-duas-propostas-e-decidiu-negociar-neymar.htm

Not whats suggested here
    Brazilian media always do that with a player in another teams kit.

Globo are reputable. There is a large gathering of media outside the clubs offices, it's happening.

The two offers are from Barca, not two different teams.

The speculation after the Santos twitter thing is saying they agreed a fee of 28million EUROS with Barca and 35million Euros with Madrid. 28million would be some piece of business if this craziness turns out to be accurate. Low risk on that one
    Madrid are involved? WHAT?? I thought it was just Barca?

Barca is the right move for him IMO.

Apparently? That's a direct quote from Santos own twitter.

Yes, two clubs apparently not just Barca.....wheres the confusion?

• Advertisement

Madrid are involved? WHAT?? I thought it was just Barca?

Barca is the right move for him IMO.

I agree, I think he would do well playing the Henry position for them, or maybe going through the centre allowing Messi to drop deeper again. But him drifting in from the left could be pretty fantastic there

Sure Balague was banging away on twitter earlier about how BArca have paid a 10million downpayment but Madrid are going to blow them out of it with a bid of 85.3million pounds! Idiot

Goal have picked it up

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/105/main/2013/05/25/4002704/santos-confirm-neymar-bids-accepted
    The Brazilians have reached an agreement with two clubs believed to be Barcelona and Real Madrid and are now awaiting the player's decision
    Santos have confirmed that the club has accepted two offers for Brazil international Neymar.

"Santos FC announces that it has received two proposals for Neymar," said the club via its official Twitter account. "The Management Committee of the club decided to negotiate the [sale of the] player.

"Neymar and his father are expected in Belmiro to choose which proposal the player will accept."

The two clubs to have had offers accepted are widely reported to be Barcelona and Real Madrid.

More to follow

The rumours are that Barcelona have offered 28 million while Real Madrid have offered 35 million. Of course there might be more to it than that but those are the rumours at the moment.

The rumours are that Barcelona have offered 28 million while Real Madrid have offered 35 million. Of course there might be more to it than that but those are the rumours at the moment.

You not been reading the thread then ;)

You not been reading the thread then ;)

:D the news is changing the whole time, there's constant updates from Brazilian sources and some unofficial Barca twitter feeds.

• Advertisement

Latest news is that Neymar and his father will go home and study both offers and give Santos their answer within the day. So that means this will be protracted a bit and that means I'm going to sleep.

Santos website has crashed with people checking for his decision.

Apologies if I jumped the gun by posting it :pac:

But I'd still say definitely Barca.

If it really is that he will be coming in with his dad tomorrow to make a decision we all have plenty of time to sleep before there will be any news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He would be fair stupid to go to Madrid, better off at Barca but I dont highly regard him anymore tbh. He's poor performances for Santos and especially Brazil have diminish him imo. He scoring goals alright but most of them are against mickey mouse teams

Headshot wrote: »
    He would be fair stupid to go to Madrid, better off at Barca but I dont highly regard him anymore tbh. He's poor performances for Santos and especially Brazil have diminish him imo. He scoring goals alright but most of them are against mickey mouse teams

He needs to move for me, to play with and against better players, I have outlined my ideas on him already in detail before so no need to again, but it really is up to him.

I hope he fulfills his massive potential

He should moved last summer tbh. Your right that his development has stalled

I also hope he reaches that massive potential and unfortunately that is only at Barca

He wants to have dinner with his family before he announces his decision. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

He wants to have dinner with his family before he announces his decision. Seriously.

What's he having?

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus 1m

ESPN Brasil says #Neymar has chosen Barcelona, they say he'll sign a 5-year contract, the transfer fee is 28m Euros. But not official yet.

28million euros, Barca have got to be happy with that

And people thought sanchez diving can't be out done, you've see nothing yet. Neymar is ****ing awful for diving.

It's going to be very frustrating to watch la liga next season I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

As a Barca fan, I'm not happy with Neymar nevermind the price, but I have been resigned to it.

I don't think he's strong enough.

dfx- wrote: »
    As a Barca fan, I'm not happy with Neymar nevermind the price, but I have been resigned to it.

I don't think he's strong enough.

Mentally? Cause you wont have to worry physically, he will be fine. Its all about his attitude for me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mentally? Cause you wont have to worry physically, he will be fine. Its all about his attitude for me now

Indeed, I'm interested in seeing how he reacts to not being the main man.

Athletic Bilbao's Fernando Amorebieta and the Dnipro midfielder Derek Boateng have both joined Fulham on free transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Candidate for the worst summer transfer speculation headline from AS?

http://www.as.com/futbol/video/khedira-comio-kebab-quiso-decir/20130524dasdasftb_16/Ves

'Khedira eats a kebab but doesn't want to say anything about his future'

Marca reporting it as a done deal, Neymar to Barcelona is looking good, really good.

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/25/en/football/barcelona/1369502379.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

THFC wrote: »

Doesn't need improving?
    Villa is likely leaving.
    Pedro and Sanchez are unreliable. It actually badly needs reinforcing, of course the defence does too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

zerks wrote: »
    Athletic Bilbao's Fernando Amorebieta and the Dnipro midfielder Derek Boateng have both joined Fulham on free transfers.

Going to be a lot of free transfers at Fulham this summer. They have a mountain of players out of contract and need a lot of players in just to stand still next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

FC Barcelona confirm the Neymar transfer
    FC Barcelona have reached an agreement with Santos for Neymar. The Brazilian player will join FC Barcelona for the next five seasons.

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/338463027852636160

• Advertisement

A summary of Sunday's gossip.

Incoming Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has asked the club's owners to buy him four new players in the summer window - and one is Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, 26.
    Full story: The People

Simon Mignolet: Sunderland goalkeeper is said to be of interest to Arsenal.
    Arsenal are set to sign Belgium goalkeeper Simon *Mignolet, 24, from Sunderland for £10m as Arsene Wenger dips into his £70m transfer fund.
    Full story: Sunday Mirror

New Manchester United manager David Moyes will make Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, his first signing for £24m and broker a peace deal to keep striker Wayne Rooney, 27, at Old Trafford.
    Full story: Sunday Mirror

Carlo Ancelotti will offer Rooney a way out of United if he takes over as Real Madrid manager but will not consider a swap deal involving forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 28.
    Full story: The People

Real Madrid are preparing to test Tottenham's insistence that Gareth Bale is not for sale at any price this summer by making a £60m bid for the 23-year-old Wales international.
    Full story: Sunday Telegraph

Lyon have made an approach to Arsenal to take 25-year-old forward Gervinho on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal.
    Full story: Metro

David Weir has been identified as the man to take over from David Moyes as Everton manager if Wigan boss Roberto Martinez turns down the Toffees to stay at the DW Stadium.
    Full story: Mail on Sunday

Advertisement