Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

35-40 million would be very good money. You could buy Andy Carroll with that sort of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Keno 92 wrote: »
    35-40 million would be very good money. You could buy Andy Carroll with that sort of money.

Liverpool would be doing very well to get 12-15 Million for Andy Carroll at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Liverpool would be doing very well to get 12-15 Million for Andy Carroll at this stage.

I was thinking more like 8-10 Mil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Sideways move IMO.

And Levy, being Levy will offer about 10pound for him anyway.

how is goin from a team who have been stuck outside the top 6 for the past 4 year to a team who constantly challenge for Champions league, a side ways step? right now, Spurs is a hugh step up from Liverpool.

Spurs wouldnt want him anyway, i dount any club in England will touch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man I love to see the back of him and it would do Liverpool FC some good in the end. All the crap he brings to a club isn't worth it. I would say the exact same thing if he was a utd player. He belongs to the circus the Madrid is. A team that don't care about reputation

how is goin from a team who have been stuck outside the top 6 for the past 4 year to a team who constantly challenge for Champions league, a side ways step? right now, Spurs is a hugh step up from Liverpool.

Spurs wouldnt want him anyway, i dount any club in England will touch him.

Its not a huge step up either, if he wants to win titles and play UCL then anything short of joining City or Utd is a side ways move in England, but he wont join anyone else in England.

Spurs wont win or compete for the title, they wont be in the UCL every year and they themselves are trying to keep their best player, although if Suarez goes to Real that could leave Spurs holding to Bale for another year at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its already been agreed what the cash price is (15m) , just a question of West Ham agreeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Its not a huge step up either, if he wants to win titles and play UCL then anything short of joining City or Utd is a side ways move in England, but he wont join anyone else in England.

Spurs wont win or compete for the title, they wont be in the UCL every year and they themselves are trying to keep their best player, although if Suarez goes to Real that could leave Spurs holding to Bale for another year at least.

I could be wrong but i think pool has won more cups than spurs over last 5 years!!

Spurs RIGHT NOW are about 15-20% more likely than Liverpool to win the Prem League title in the next 5 years I'd say (and thats being generous). And that assuming they keep Bale/spend the cash very widely indeed. The idea that they are on a different level is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭celt262

mike65 wrote: »
    Its already been agreed what the cash price is (15m) , just a question of West Ham agreeing.

Its not agreed if west ham have not agreed yet though is it?

• Advertisement

You can agree a price without having to commit to a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Sideways move IMO.

And Levy, being Levy will offer about 10pound for him anyway.
    Unlikely he'll ask for twenty million and we'll send this lad back the other way kenneth-mcevoy.jpg
    :pac:url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=o6kKZaWoPDExVM&tbnid=QUwsHgI283KdFM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tottenhamhotspur.com%2Fspurs%2FAcademy%2Fthe-academy-profiles.page%3FPlayerName%3DKenneth%2520McEvoy&ei=DKWoUb2fI6v9iQK93IGAAg&psig=AFQjCNHiIJl3xGDUhiHhXsFBseURlcmhPg&ust=1370093196610626

I could be wrong but i think pool has won more cups than spurs over last 5 years!!

1 league cup each I think.

Unlikely he'll ask for twenty million and we'll send this lad back the other way kenneth-mcevoy.jpg
    :pac:url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=o6kKZaWoPDExVM&tbnid=QUwsHgI283KdFM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tottenhamhotspur.com%2Fspurs%2FAcademy%2Fthe-academy-profiles.page%3FPlayerName%3DKenneth%2520McEvoy&ei=DKWoUb2fI6v9iQK93IGAAg&psig=AFQjCNHiIJl3xGDUhiHhXsFBseURlcmhPg&ust=1370093196610626

Isnt that Baby Bale , Kenneth McEvoy?

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

liverpool

Founded: 1892
    European Cup Winners: 1977,1978,1981,1984,2005
    Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 0 - Finalists: 1966
    UEFA Cup Winners: 1973,1976,2001
    English Champions: 1901,1906,1922,1923,1947,1964,1966,1973,1976,1977,1979,1980,1982,1983,1984,1986,1988,1990

spurs

European Cup-Winners Cup Winners 1962/1963
    UEFA Cup Winners 1971/1972, 1983/1984

thats just in europe, makes me laugh when fans call a move to spurs above lpool as a step up and spurs a bigger club..

get real.

last few years better in league without winning anything,thats as far as it goes.

Isnt that Baby Bale , Kenneth McEvoy?

:cool:
    Yes he's actually meant to be very good he's 18 but a regular for the spurs u-21s who came runners up in the u-21 league this year(Despite finishing 8 points above everyone else in the actual league).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

barone wrote: »
    spurs a bigger club

I don't believe anybody has said that
    move to spurs above lpool as a step up

It currently is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

liverpool

English Champions: 1901,1906,1922,1923,1947,1964,1966,1973,1976,1977,1979,1980,1982,1983,1984,1986,1988,1990

spurs

thats just in europe, makes me laugh when fans call a move to spurs above lpool as a step up and spurs a bigger club..

get real.

last few years better in league without winning anything,thats as far as it goes.

Surprisingly early for the history card to be trotted out, kudos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Dont start this up again ffs.

Tupac, leave your wishes at the door please as it will rub people up the wrong way.

Back on topic.....

Ah to be fair thats harsh! I was merely commenting on his impending move!!!!

Well, kind of!

• Advertisement

Yes he's actually meant to be very good he's 18 but a regular for the spurs u-21s who came runners up in the u-21 league this year(Despite finishing 8 points above everyone else in the actual league).

Ya was going to ask how hes doing in the under age set up.

I remember reading a piece a few months back saying he was going to be a star and a peaked my interest as hes Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

liverpool

spurs

get real.

A move to Spurs is, currently anyway, a step up. This year they finished 11 points ahead of Liverpool. Last season they finished 17 points ahead of Liverpool and they got top 4 but were seriously unlucky not to get into the CL.

The last time Liverpool finished above Liverpool was 08/09. A player looking at the two clubs will see that and not think to themselves "Aww but sure don't Liverpool have a better history and they won stuff years ago".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nothing like a good history lesson on a Friday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

liverpool

spurs

thats just in europe

Oh look a Liverpool fan talking about history.Theres a shock!
    Also you stated "thats just in Europe"can I ask why you listed yer league wins also?

A statement from #LFC: Luis Suarez is not for sale - neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.

#LFC : The Club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol, big picture: Spur's chances of winning a League or CL during the next five years is not substantially greater than Liverpool's. That's the core of the issue for Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

fingerscrossed.png

There is meant to be a lot of interest from City, Spurs and Chelsea in Bernard a young Brazilian who is meant to be a real up and coming star

Wonder what that guy on Twitter who said he'd support Suarez even he killed a child thinks today. :pac:

Just looked at the account, hes either a big troll or hes very, very deluded, no tweet about Suarez yet.

There is meant to be a lot of interest from City, Spurs and Chelsea in Bernard a young Brazilian who is meant to be a real up and coming star

Who is he with now?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who is he with now?
    Atlético Mineiro as an attacking Midfielder they are into the Copa Libertados final as well.

• Advertisement

Atlético Mineiro

What poisition he play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Spurs finishing higher up the league the last few years doesn't make Tottenham a step up from Liverpool. I've no love of either club but at best they're on a par with each other and are both in the also-rans in upper-midtable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

mike65 wrote: »
    A statement from #LFC: Luis Suarez is not for sale - neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.

#LFC : The Club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. We will not be making any further comment at this stage.

Transfermarkt.de says he is contracted until 2018 so the club are certainly in a strong position. They really need to do a Spurs on this and get the full pay off. Maybe do the one more season followed by big money move trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

So who is going to be the biggest saga of the summer Suarez, Bale or Rooney???? All 3 to leave their respective clubs I'd imagine but who knows....going to be a long summer of saga's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Spurs finishing higher up the league the last few years doesn't make Tottenham a step up from Liverpool. I've no love of either club but at best they're on a par with each other and are both in the also-rans in upper-midtable.

What a pointless ****ing argument that really has nothing to do with transfer news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

So who is going to be the biggest saga of the summer Suarez, Bale or Rooney???? All 3 to leave their respective clubs I'd imagine but who knows....going to be a long summer of saga's!

i dont think rooney or bale will leave, but in this mad world of football, who knows.

suarez is 50/50, he could easily be swayed to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

To me its going to be Bale because if that transfer happen's Sky will have a break down over it . I would imagine real madrid will go in all guns blazing especially after Perez admitting he was born to play in a madrid shirt .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't see how Rooney can stay after being sued by Moyes for defamation in after accusing him of all sorts of stuff.

The second Moyes was announced as the next UTD manager, Rooney was always leaving, would be stupid to keep him there.

Gbear wrote: »
    What a pointless ****ing argument that really has nothing to do with transfer news.

Brilliant contribution. Thanks.

The conversation was about whether Spurs would be a step up from Liverpool for Suarez. Who is today's main transfer story.

I doubt any of those three are going anywhere this summer unless Suarez really throws his toys out of the pram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I doubt any of those three are going anywhere this summer unless Suarez really throws his toys out of the pram.

Something he's well capable of doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I also wouldnt be to sure on Bale, no Champions League football again next season, Real Madrid reportedly sniffing around willing to offer silly money be hard for Spurs or Bale to turn down that opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Seaneh wrote: »
    I don't see how Rooney can stay after being sued by Moyes for defamation in after accusing him of all sorts of stuff.

The second Moyes was announced as the next UTD manager, Rooney was always leaving, would be stupid to keep him there.

They apparently sorted all of that out, doubt it's still an issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/7273357/David-Moyes-Wayne-Rooneys-apology-shows-he-is-maturing-into-a-true-great.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I think Rooney is least likely to go because of lack of suitors or an unwillingness to go abroad.

The other 2 I can very easily see in Madrid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Blatter wrote: »

Yet he asked for a transfer shortly after Moyes is announced as manager... rather odd, no?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yet he asked for a transfer shortly after Moyes is announced as manager... rather odd, no?

He asked for the transfer a week or two before the announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Ronny Suarez Bale front three would be a pretty awesome sight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Ronny Suarez Bale front three would be a pretty awesome sight..

Id still have Messi, inesta and Neymar though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Well Iniesta is primarily a midfielder so it'll likely be Messi Neymar + whoever (Sanchez, Pedro, Villa, potential new singing). Think there's far more collective fire power in the potential Ronny Luis Bale combination than Barca's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I wouldn't

Advertisement