Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Well Iniesta is primarily a midfielder so it'll likely be Messi Neymar + whoever (Sanchez, Pedro, Villa, potential new singing). Think there's far more collective fire power in the potential Ronny Luis Bale combination than Barca's.

Exactly especially given the fact Neymar while bags of potential is going to have a steep learning curve and make a big step up I know he is expected to have no problem but it's not a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ronny Suarez Bale front three would be a pretty awesome sight..

Doubt my brain could process 3 such unlikeable individuals together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Doubt my brain could process 3 such unlikeable individuals together.

Ronaldo is plenty likeable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They could rival barcelona in league points totals, goals scored AND dives per game if they signed those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well Iniesta is primarily a midfielder so it'll likely be Messi Neymar + whoever (Sanchez, Pedro, Villa, potential new singing). Think there's far more collective fire power in the potential Ronny Luis Bale combination than Barca's.

I don't agree. Messi is the greatest player in the world, a player whose been completely blooded in playing the Barca way, Neymar is a sublime talent, a really special player who could take so much of the weight off of Messi, those two linking up next season should be something very special. The third position might be filled by Pedro (not as flashy or spectacular as Bale or Ronaldo but he does offer great balance to a team) or Sanchez (yet to fulfill his obvious potential) but don't be too surprised if by the end of the season that third spot is occupied by Tello. The talk is that he has been promised big opportunities next season and it is easy to see why. A boy from Barcelona, he has risen through the academy and worked very hard to get to where he is, insanely quick, he is one of the quickest wingers around, an accomplished finisher, technically good and with a real improvement constantly ongoing in his decision making he is a very different option for Barcelona, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he is the player chosen to regularly link with Neymar and Messi.

I definitely don't think there is far more collective firepower in that prospective front 3. 2 of them haven't yet played in La Liga, 2 of them would be moving to a new club, a new league, a new culture. All 3 of them would not be supplied by the midfield 3 of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. If, it's a big if, Madrid were to have that front 3, I'd still certainly fancy Barcelona to outscore them next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Isnt that Baby Bale , Kenneth McEvoy?

:cool:
    Yes he's actually meant to be very good he's 18 but a regular for the spurs u-21s who came runners up in the u-21 league this year(Despite finishing 8 points above everyone else in the actual league).

I went to school with Kenny, he left after his JC, he could win a match against 11 men on his own, absolutely phenomenal footballer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the senior squad for Spurs and Ireland in 2/3 years time.

CSF wrote: »
    Ronaldo is plenty likeable.

Granted he's not so bad these days.
    I don't agree. Messi is the greatest player in the world, a player whose been completely blooded in playing the Barca way, Neymar is a sublime talent, a really special player who could take so much of the weight off of Messi, those two linking up next season should be something very special. The third position might be filled by Pedro (not as flashy or spectacular as Bale or Ronaldo but he does offer great balance to a team) or Sanchez (yet to fulfill his obvious potential) but don't be too surprised if by the end of the season that third spot is occupied by Tello. The talk is that he has been promised big opportunities next season and it is easy to see why. A boy from Barcelona, he has risen through the academy and worked very hard to get to where he is, insanely quick, he is one of the quickest wingers around, an accomplished finisher, technically good and with a real improvement constantly ongoing in his decision making he is a very different option for Barcelona, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he is the player chosen to regularly link with Neymar and Messi.

I definitely don't think there is far more collective firepower in that prospective front 3. 2 of them haven't yet played in La Liga, 2 of them would be moving to a new club, a new league, a new culture. All 3 of them would not be supplied by the midfield 3 of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. If, it's a big if, Madrid were to have that front 3, I'd still certainly fancy Barcelona to outscore them next season.

Tello is actually stupidly fast, once he improves his final ball he'll be a special player.

Still need some defenders if they're gonna do well in the CL though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ronny Suarez Bale front three would be a pretty awesome sight..

With that amount of firepower up front you wouldn't even need to hire a manager . Just tell the rest of the team to defend and your laughing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Bale is primarily a winger and Ronnie operates in a 3 behind 1 striker, usuall from the left...???

I basically picked the 3 best attacking players in the Barca line up IMO, sometimes they don't even play with a CF! How could I pick one :D

Anyhow, no matter how wrong it is, your still entitled to your opinion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

All that, and not even a mention of Inesta!

Sorry, but I can't see a player that Madrid can sign that will scare Barca..... Just NO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Granted he's not so bad these days.

Tello is actually stupidly fast, once he improves his final ball he'll be a special player.

Still need some defenders if they're gonna do well in the CL though.

I absolutely agree. I remember he was called up to the first team around the same time as Cuenca and Cuenca was thought of as the more talented on the two but injuries have derailed his progress while Tello has worked extremely hard on his game and it is just beginning to be rewarded. He has everything you need to be a special player, given time and experience there might come a point where he is not regarded as the weak link of a Messi/Neymar/Tello forward line and that would be quite the compliment.

I do agree though that at least one centre back is needed. I have complete faith that a centre back will be recruited this summer.

Also playing Iniesta in a front 3 is a complete waste of his talent imo. He's much better in a deeper role, picking out passes and making runs from deep.

Pedro-Messi-Neymar would be my front 3, Pedro isn't a very flashy player but he's very intelligent and creates space for others. He has a knack of scoring important goals too. Sanchez and Tello would be impact subs for me for the time being.

Still think Thiago Silva would have been the perfect player for Barca and they dropped the ball big time not bringing him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Falcao to monaco is official

256329.jpg

What a lovely photo :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

What sites do ppl follow for transfer news?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    What sites do ppl follow for transfer news?

This one is good sometimes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Seaneh wrote: »
    This one is good sometimes.
    I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Plenty of talk in the north-east that Sunderland have agreed a fee with Fenerbache for Krasic (ex-Juve). Just need to try and get the player to take a paycut.

It's the type of signing I wouldn't believe until he's holding the scarf up on the club website mind as I'm sure he'd go elsewhere if someone else came in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hasnt Krasic been ****ing awful for some time now

Bet Falcao can't wait to step out infront of 18,000 screaming Monaco fans.

And sit at home and count his billions of euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Bernard the Brazilian lad mentioned a few pages back has been linked to Dortmund as well as the English clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Monaco ain't ****ing around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Headshot wrote: »
    Hasnt Krasic been ****ing awful for some time now

He's had a bad past two seasons. The first where Conte didn't fancy him at Juve and the second when he struggled with an injury at Fenerbache and never really broke into the team. For years at CSKA and his first year at Juve he was very good though.

He'd be worth a chance and better than anything we have in his position anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bet Falcao can't wait to step out infront of 18,000 screaming Monaco fans.

And sit at home and count his billions of euros.

Only 1 season to wait for CL football; in the meantime he'll have the distraction of providing real competition to PSG. Should make Ligue 1 an interesting place next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Talk of Real already opening discussions with Barca's Thiago Alcantara, with buy out clause of around €18m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Corholio wrote: »
    Talk of Real already opening discussions with Barca's Thiago Alcantara, with buy out clause of around €18m.

No. Just no. Also why? Where would he get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

miralize wrote: »
    No. Just no. Also why? Where would he get in?

In Modric/Ozil spot when one or both is sold too United.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rooney in Paris again
    BLqbUthCcAEQXkK.jpg:large

Milan being linked with a free transfer for Renato Civelli, any of your french football followers have an opinion on him?

Falcao: "My heart has been with Monaco since my idol Thierry Henry played there."

Robbie Keane been giving him lessons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I've a feeling Bale will leave.

Ronaldo cutting in from the left and Bale cutting in from the right is worthy of that Southpark picture I can't seem to find..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've a feeling Bale will leave.

Ronaldo cutting in from the left and Bale cutting in from the right is worthy of that Southpark picture I can't seem to find..

Bale from the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Bale from the right?

Ronaldo won't be moved from the left.

Ronaldo won't be moved from the left.

Would Bale be as effective from the right?

You'd assume that rotation would be encouraged between Ozil-Ronaldo-Bale anyway. Bale could adapt to coming in from the right. It would be a role that lets him drive directly towards goal and that's not too different to what Spurs have been doing with him in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

you obviously didnt watch a lot of spurs last season. "nearly" all his goal where like this.........

This is Bale's goals over the season:

(music ain't great)

I don't think playing nominally from the right would be a problem for him. Imagine the space he'd get too at Madrid.

Bale from the right?

This
    cristiano-ronaldo-goal-o.gif

Followed by..

This
    f8d7bbe32670e9f2362c648aba818369.gif

Unstoppable Jeff.

swoody wrote: »

I was watching that match actually :pac:

I don't watch Spurs much so I dont know tbh, I just thought him driving from the left on the favored left foot would be a lot more effective than a predominantly left footed player trying to drive from or get down the right. I'm probably wrong, thats why I was asking

Well thats why I was thinking Ron on the right, because he's so good with his right. Stick Bale on the left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

on another note Higuaín has confirmed he wants out of Real Madrid when the transfer window opens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

swoody wrote: »
    on another note Higuaín has confirmed he wants out of Real Madrid when the transfer window opens

Best for both parties I reckon

He isnt good enough for Madrid and he wants more first team appearances I reckon

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He's not good enough for Madrid, but someone like Arsenal would be perfect for him I reckon.

This post was just wrong.

Is it a case of him being not good enough or out of favour? Benzema isn't near his goals record at Madrid.

More than a goal in every second game is good for any striker bar Ronaldo and Messi obviously. 20 goals in 32 starts for Argentina. He's only 25 as well. I think he's underrated by a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Is it a case of him being not good enough or out of favour? Benzema isn't near his goals record at Madrid.

More than a goal in every second game is good for any striker bar Ronaldo and Messi obviously. 20 goals in 32 starts for Argentina. He's only 25 as well. I think he's underrated by a lot of people.

Benzema is a far better all round player, Higuain is a bit more clinical.

I agree that Arsenal would be a perfect fit for him, Juventus seems likely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

This is Bale's goals over the season:

(music ain't great)

I don't think playing nominally from the right would be a problem for him. Imagine the space he'd get too at Madrid.

I think that is one of the most outstanding collection of goals ive seen from a player in one season, definitely since Ronaldo at united. Some sensational strikes in there, impressive stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Blatter wrote: »
    Benzema is a far better all round player, Higuain is a bit more clinical.

I agree that Arsenal would be a perfect fit for him, Juventus seems likely though.

Are they looking to buy him? I would have thought having got Llorente and the few strikers they have there already that they would be happy enough up front for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Are they looking to buy him? I would have thought having got Llorente and the few strikers they have there already that they would be happy enough up front for next season.

Nearly a done deal it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Higuain would be a massive improvement on quality from what Juve had last season, and he's far more established than Llorente who still has a bit to prove at the highest level.

Higuain> Benzema overall imo, both the same age but he's reached a far more consistent level of performance. Benzema is capable of special moments but doesn't do it regularly enough for me. Higuains starts to goals ratio is very good for both club and country, he'll definitely have more longevity to his career because he has the better attitude and hunger for the game.

His only problem was that he wasn't a Galactico and owners always preferred to see Karim starting so he could justify the stupid spend, but I've no doubt who Jose preferred.

• Advertisement
Advertisement