Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Pele says good things about you then you're fecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

When you go motorised dish, you never go back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Obviously Goal.com articles should be taken with a mountain of salt, but De Rossi to Chelsea would be an interesting one: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/03/4022661/chelsea-open-talks-with-roma-to-sign-de-rossi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 12m
    Manchester United has contacted Fiorentina for Jovetic according to tomorrow Gazzetta edition

Juventus were quoted twenty five million earlier today, forget if it was euros or sterling.

Another rumour:
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    >Liverpool
    £22M

In The Mirror, The Guardian and The Telegraph.

Another rumour:
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    >Liverpool
    £22M

In The Mirror, The Guardian and The Telegraph.

I'd be shocked if Rodgers was to spend so much on one player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sterling they want 30 million euros for Jovetic.

Can see this one dragging on for a while Arsenal have been linked with him for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Corholio wrote: »
    But you post like that with everything, anytime anyone says anything about Barcelona, you unleash a spiel that almost has to be put with footage in slow motion. He's quite a bit to go to even reach Ronaldos level, nevermind talking about Pele. There's been about 100 'new Peles'.

I have to admit I have lol'ed at your two replies to me, quite funny.

Maybe I am just a poetic person? I truly believe that this Barcelona team is the greatest team of its generation, containing some of the most gifted players of their generation and I wholeheartedly believe that they will go down in history as one of the great teams.

I think this one is different, I think he is a very special player and that he has the potential to be one of, if not thee, best player in the world.

If Suarez goes, there's money to spend. I like the look of Mkhitaryan. He's another CAM though, so does that mean Coutinho is pushed into the frontline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If Suarez goes, there's money to spend. I like the look of Mkhitaryan. He's another CAM though, so does that mean Coutinho is pushed into the frontline?

heard Rodgers was planning on going for him even before suarez said he wanted to leave. using the andy carroll money if he goes to west ham. is he any use ? only saw him against dortmund and chelsea and he looked decent

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    heard Rodgers was planning on going for him even before suarez said he wanted to leave. using the andy carroll money if he goes to west ham. is he any use ? only saw him against dortmund and chelsea and he looked decent

Excellent player technically. Short passing game and positional rotation is great. Only 23 too.

Excellent player technically. Short passing game and positional rotation is great. Only 23 too.

I haven't seen much of him to be honest but he does seem like a Rodgers type of player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If Pele says good things about you then you're fecked.

Exactly.
    Anyone remember Leon Knight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

The channels will be slowly fazed out. I think they finish up in July or August, so they definitely wont be showing any Premier League games next season.
    Oat23 wrote: »
    O/T BT info

I also was very disappointed to hear about the closure of ESPN's Europe/MENA operations. ESPN Classic was, well, class. ESPN America will also be going from around Europe AFAIK.

BT are going to have 3 channels, BT sport 1 & 2 and also an ESPN branded channel

BT bought ESPN's broadcast rights for the UK & Ireland - ESPN UK & ESPN America.
    ESPN Classic isn't part of that deal though, think it's closing

so you should still get the american sports if you're into them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

batistuta9 wrote: »
    BT are going to have 3 channels, BT sport 1 & 2 and also an ESPN branded channel

BT bought ESPN's broadcast rights for the UK & Ireland - ESPN UK & ESPN America.
    ESPN Classic isn't part of that deal though, think it's closing

so you should still get the american sports if you're into them
    Will BT be free too air?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Will BT be free too air?

no, on SKY in the UK it's £12/15 HD i think
    they've deals on if you sign to broadband/phone with them but they haven't that here

ESPN wasn't free to air either.
    It was only included as part of the sky sports pack here because of low uptake on it i think, it remained a separate subscription channel in the UK

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    no, on SKY in the UK it's £12/15 HD i think
    they've deals on if you sign to broadband/phone with them but they haven't that here

ESPN wasn't free to air either.
    It was only included as part of the sky sports pack here because of low uptake on it i think, it remained a separate subscription channel in the UK
    So hopefully people don't sign up for it and they just add it too the sports pack on sky too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seaneh wrote: »
    Exactly.
    Anyone remember Leon Knight?

And El Hadji Diouf. One of the top 100 players of all time apparently.

So hopefully people don't sign up for it and they just add it too the sports pack on sky too

i don't that'll happen this time

Are they gettin PL games?

Are they gettin PL games?

BT?

yeah 38 games, 18 first pick
    12:45 saturdays & midweeks/holidays (i think)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    And El Hadji Diouf. One of the top 100 players of all time apparently.

Top 125 . FIFA 100 referred to the 100 year anniversary of Fifa .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Top 125 . FIFA 100 referred to the 100 year anniversary of Fifa .

It was also supposed to be a top 100 (50 retired / 50 current) but Pele found it too hard to narrow his selection down to just 100 cos everyone is the best in Pele's eyes and instead they went with 125 including such luminaries as Diouf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Villa one of 5 clubs to bid for Belhanda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I wouldn't, not for the right player. He spent good money on Allen, and medium on Borini, Coutinho and Sturridge. They did a great job sorting out the wage bill with removing Bellamy, Maxi, Dirk, Aurelio, Aqua, Cole, Doni and Carroll (and Carra). So we are in far better shape.

If we are to have serious claims for top 4, we need 3 big players - a CB to play with Agger (assume Papa), playmaker CM to support Stevie/Phil (assume Micky Hit), and I assume a replacement for Luis now as well (as yet unknown?). The other 8 starters are save IMO (Pepe, Jose, Agger, Glenjo, Lucas, Stevie, Phil, Danny) and the bench will include Toure, Kelly, Hendo, Allen, Aspas, Borini and a keeper (Shelvey, Sterling, Downing if not sold, Wisdom, Suso, Assaidi all in reserve).

The money taken in from Skrtel and Carroll on top of our usual pot will allow us to spend 50M+, so 20M on a playmaker is very fair...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland have a meeting on Wednesday with Ignacio Scocco's representatives.

I'd imagine wages would be tricky with this one considering he's an Al-Ain player, and he'll surely have interest from elsewhere.

30 goals in 40 games on loan at Newell's this season.

That would be an unreal signing for Sunderland if it happened. I'd be surprised if there isn't other interest, been very impressed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Villa one of 5 clubs to bid for Belhanda.

Belhanda to Villa?? Please god no, he deserves so much better. Swap him with Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd have thought the big teams would have been in for Belhanda , Villa would be an amazing drop down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No big clubs seem to be interested in these ridiculously hyped players from France. Hazard is the only one who has moved to a big club that I can think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thats because Newcastle signed all of them lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Apparently West Ham have had a £14.5 million bid rejected for Negredo.

• Advertisement

Spurs should be going for him tbh. Alot better than Ade any day of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

No big clubs seem to be interested in these ridiculously hyped players from France. Hazard is the only one who has moved to a big club that I can think of.

Varane Niang Pogba..... All fantastic talents at big clubs now. Prob a case of highest bidder gets Zouma. There's no country with more promising youth players.

Headshot wrote: »
    Spurs should be going for him tbh. Alot better than Ade any day of the week

Slow as a wet week though. I don't think he'd adapt to the Premier League. Soldado on the other hand...

Slow as a wet week though. I don't think he'd adapt to the Premier League. Soldado on the other hand...

idk about him, he has these seconds of madness and doesnt do much for the team besides of course being a good goal scorer

Negredo for me does more for the team than Soldado would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Still can't get over Navas moving to Man City. Surely he'll be back at Sevilla by Christmas?

Shakhtar have confirmed two deals today:

Lucas Fernando
    Gremio
    >Shakhtar Donetsk

Wellington Nem
    Fluminese
    >Shakhtar Donetsk

Shakhtar have paid an initial €15M potentially rising to €20M between them. I don't know if Lucas Fernando is a deep or attacking midfielder yet. Potentially a replacement for either Fernandinho or Mkhitaryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Still can't get over Navas moving to Man City. Surely he'll be back at Sevilla by Christmas?

Sevilla aren't in the Champions League next season as far as I know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Sevilla aren't in the Champions League next season as far as I know...
    It's the homesickness thing I am on about. Apparently he had to be taken home by his brother and father from a training camp that was only a few hours away from his home in Sevilla. Surely he won't be able to hacking living in dreary Manchester full-time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's the homesickness thing I am on about. Apparently he had to be taken home by his brother and father from a training camp that was only a few hours away from his home in Sevilla. Surely he won't be able to hacking living in dreary Manchester full-time?

He's over it.

• Advertisement

i doubt you can ever be over somthing like that

He will never spend this amount of time away from home before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

If I was West Ham owners and had a bit of money to splash about the first thing I'd do would be to give Big Sam his marching orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rekop dog wrote: »
    If I was West Ham owners and had a bit of money to splash about the first thing I'd do would be to give Big Sam his marching orders.

Why? He has done well there where those before him have done poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rekop dog wrote: »

Really?

He's done well there or am i missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Johner wrote: »
    He's over it.

We will see about that I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah I knew that, was just playing :P

But yeah apparently he is over it.... He has spent a decent amount of time away from home with Spain and indeed Sevilla in recent years as well but yeah for sure this is a whole new level. I don't think City would be foolish enough to allow something like that happen to him or even sign a guy who won't cope. Navas has reassured everyone that he's over that and is willing to move so what more can you say? He was supposed to sign for Chelsea/Arsenal/United years back but he made it know that he suffers from homesickness and it put it to bed. Why would he say different now if he wasn't over it? Navas isn't too naive to deny it just for the sake of a big move.

I'm sure the Spanish crew at City will be good for him and it's not like City would be too stubborn to get some professionals in if needs be. He's a married man now and I think he has a kid as well so they'll be a big help to him when settling in. I'm pretty confident he'll be fine... Those incidents happened a good few years ago, he seems to have matured a lot since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Didn't Navas used to hate away games even?
    I hope he succeeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Apparently West Ham have had a £14.5 million bid rejected for Negredo.

Suarez breathes a sigh of relief.

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Suarez breathes a sigh of relief.

I don't get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I think it's supposed to be a joke regarding the similarity of the spelling of Negredo to another word which referrs to the colour of people's skin.

Bad joke though. If anything, it'll be Terry breathing a sight of relief, given that it's a London club who were in for him. ;P

Oh, I see. Maybe it'd have been funnier if I'd got it immediately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement