Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Aston Villa have announced that Richard Dunne, Eric Lichaj, Andy Marshall, Jean II Makoun and Simon Dawkins have left the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Aston Villa have announced that Richard Dunne, Eric Lichaj, Andy Marshall, Jean II Makoun and Simon Dawkins have left the club.

Lichaj and Dunne would be good signings for a promoted club. I remember Makoun being linked with United a few years back :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Be interesting to see where Dunne goes next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

QPR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I can see him ending up at Cardiff , Hull City or Crystal Palace . He would offer alot of premier league experience and I don't think his wages will be huge .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

MrMac84 wrote: »
    QPR

Nooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is Fernandinho any good? I ask as I have never seen him play.

Dunne to Celtic maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Dunne has said he'd like to play in the MLS or Celtic in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Dunne to Celtic maybe?

Please god no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Dunne to Celtic maybe?

Needs to prove his fitness and pass a stringent medical before I'd even take him on trial tbh.

Sport Mediaset claim Man City's Carlos Tevez is close to sealing a move to Juventus after agreeing personal terms with the Turin giants.
    Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has been cut from 9/1 to 1/3 to join Juventus this summer following a run of bets in our Transfer Specials.

Tevez to Juventus is gathering steam

Seems the Domino Effect will be in play soon with Schürrle off to Chelsea, Heung-Min Son to replace him at Leverkusen and probably De Bruyne could go to Dortmund

Yeah he's good, impressed me in the CL this season. Fee is excessive but it really depends on the breakdown of the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Seems the Domino Effect will be in play soon with Schürrle off to Chelsea, Heung-Min Son to replace him at Leverkusen and probably De Bruyne could go to Dortmund

bild had a story of De Bruyne going to Dortmund for 10mil a week or so ago

but then i seen other stories that he would be going to Leverkusen as part of the Schürrle deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

batistuta9 wrote: »
    bild had a story of De Bruyne going to Dortmund for 10mil a week or so ago

but then i seen other stories that he would be going to Leverkusen as part of the Schürrle deal

From what I know, Leverkusen are close to sign Hamburg's Son, don't think, they will try to get De Bruyne as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Lars1916 wrote: »
    From what I know, Leverkusen are close to sign Hamburg's Son, don't think, they will try to get De Bruyne as well.

i'm just mentioning what i'd seen, i can't remember if it was chelsea or leverkusen who wanted him included in the deal

what are bild like for reliability?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i'm just mentioning what i'd seen, i can't remember if it was chelsea or leverkusen who wanted him included in the deal

what are bild like for reliability?

They are a bit of a rag, some clubs even ban their reporters from their training grounds. But they are usually quite well informed.

Personally, I prefer Kicker, Reviersport or Radio 91.2 (for Borussia Dortmund's sake) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Stekelenburg has officially moved from Roma to Fulham for €4.5 million, on a 4 year deal.

Good deal for Fulham.

Stekelenburg succeeded Van Der Sar at Ajax, for Holland, now the mighty Fulham :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Franco Baldini(Roma DOF) looks to be Spurs first Summer Signing as he resigns from Roma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Bruno Alves
    Zenit St.Petersburg
    >Fenerbahce
    €5.5M

He coulda been a contender.

Bruno Alves
    Zenit St.Petersburg
    >Fenerbahce
    €5.5M

He coulda been a contender.

I'm sure his medals and money will comfort him wherever he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very similar to Ramires at Chelsea from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good to see teams working hard to get in line with FFP...

lol FFP but a bigger lol at people who still think it's going to be a difference maker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Would love him at Rovers - really need the cover in the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wow big news
    https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/342589618929160192

Have you heard the one about Torres going Everton?! (via @ed_diggins)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Wow big news

Seem to be picking up pace on Twitter, could be one to watch.

Seems to be based on Fellaini or Baines leaving to free up cash.

Could be a great move for Torres. Back north where he had great success with Liverpool.

I wonder would he take a wage hit for first team football ?

It could depend on what we do with Lukaku as well, as it stands hes probably our starting striker but Jose could easily want to bring in another CF and complicate it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Could be a great move for Torres. Back north where he had great success with Liverpool.

I wonder would he take a wage hit for first team football ?

Maybe Chelsea will pay a portion of his wages just to move him on ? Lots of clubs have done this in the past .

Wow big news

Lol for so many reasons.

• Advertisement

Maybe Chelsea will pay a portion of his wages just to move him on ? Lots of clubs have done this in the past .

Good thought actually - Wages are not a problem for Chelsea, so paying a portion of it wouldn't hurt them any.

Anyone have any odds on Torres going to Everton?

Could be worth a euro, surely they'ed be sky high?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GavRedKing wrote: »

33/1.

GavRedKing wrote: »

There is a torres to stay at Chelsea bet on betfair. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it though ?

[ unsure of forum rules on gambling and links, i mean... ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Another transfer window, another two fingers from Torres to Liverpool FC :mad: I've gotten over the whole Chelsea thing (mostly cos he's been a wash out :) ) but this is another level of back stabbing. Hope there's no truth to it but smoke and fire and all that :( The worry would be though, as the main target man again, he might actually do well.

There is a torres to stay at Chelsea bet on betfair. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it though ?

[ unsure of forum rules on gambling and links, i mean... ]

Scratch that - odds are nonsense

nothing on PP yet.

where did you get 33/1 johner ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bet Victor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Saw somewhere saying that Mou will have to sell Torres and maybe even Mata to raise funds...Sneijder and Dzeko are supposed to be potential replacements. They'll get a serious amount for Mata in fairness but they'll have to cough up for those two if they want them. Can't see them selling Mata though. That'd be ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jesus talk about the best way to really piss off the pool fans - only worse would be if he went to United!

to be fair to him it could be a fresh start that he needs - he is surplus to requremnents at chelsea - jose doesn't seem to be a fan!

Can't see it happening though! But I said that about rvp last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Looks like Mario Gomez is leaving Bayern Munich. His agent said that he intends to move on this summer. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Looks like Mario Gomez is leaving Bayern Munich. His agent said that he intends to move on this summer. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

I always felt he was better than Mandzukic but this was inevitable with months.... Could be a real good buy for any decent team in Europe though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Napoli has been strongly mentioned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I always felt he was better than Mandzukic but this was inevitable with months.... Could be a real good buy for any decent team in Europe though.

Yep, he's always scored goals, and players like him are in short supply...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gomez looks to be of the AC Milan mould doesn't he?

He'd be on the end of every tap in they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Saw somewhere saying that Mou will have to sell Torres and maybe even Mata to raise funds...Sneijder and Dzeko are supposed to be potential replacements. They'll get a serious amount for Mata in fairness but they'll have to cough up for those two if they want them. Can't see them selling Mata though. That'd be ridiculous.

Selling Mata would be madness imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I think Torres could be a top class acquisition for Everton and he wants to stay in the PL so he'd be willing to take a cut in wages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Selling Mata would be madness imo.

Agreed here. As a United fan, I would adore having him in the squad in some way. One of my favorite players to watch.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jesus talk about the best way to really piss off the pool fans - only worse would be if he went to United!

to be fair to him it could be a fresh start that he needs - he is surplus to requremnents at chelsea - jose doesn't seem to be a fan!

Can't see it happening though! But I said that about rvp last year!
    Dunno, I'd imagine Liverpool fans would be amused if Torres went to United! Torres replacing Rooney - the stuff dreams are made of (for everyone but United fans...)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The Torres to EFC rumors are plausable but selling Mata is just batsh!t crazy imho.

• Advertisement

Two very different strikers.

One is a goalscorer.

One is an all round forward who can do a bit of everything and has been key to winning Bayern the treble, not just by his goals but defending from the front which was most evident in the Champions League against the better teams.

Advertisement