Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Mourinho will build his team around Mata, not sell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Gomez looks to be of the AC Milan mould doesn't he?

He'd be on the end of every tap in they have.

Nah don't need him, Mario is more than adequate in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A fair bit of twitter talk of Mourinho wanting Hulk at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Looks like Mario Gomez is leaving Bayern Munich. His agent said that he intends to move on this summer. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

Only Napoli and Fiorentina seem interested, he's meant to favour the latter. Tbh if Napoli do sell Cavani they'll probably lose the Top 3 spot next season & Fiorentina would be the most likely be the team to grab it, Montella has done a great job there.
    For what its worth I think Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs could do worse than Gomez, I doubt they are asking for much too, they seem to want rid of him. Same for Athletico and Inter, although Inter are meant to be getting Icardi from Samp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Gomez looks to be of the AC Milan mould doesn't he?

He'd be on the end of every tap in they have.

He'd be competing with the real Super Mario for a central role, he has no chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Doubt Torres would move to a club that doesn't have CL football,or aren't willing to pay his massive wages.Think he'll end up at Napoli myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

First thing Mourinho will do is look to bring in a DM and a target man. Fellani fits one bill, could do both roles.

depends on Lukaku, i reckon he will play a big role this year or at least get the chance anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Doubt Torres would move to a club that doesn't have CL football,or aren't willing to pay his massive wages.Think he'll end up at Napoli myself.

I think he'll go back to Athletico, where it all began, they have the Falcao money to spend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think he'll go back to Athletico, where it all began, they have the Falcao money to spend...
    I doubt that will happen with Diego Costa still there. I think he will be given the starting role at Atletico now, he certainly looks good enough. I'd expect them to invest in somebody younger to develop because Costa is likely to be gone for big money in the next two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Wasn't Falcao owned by some consortium and not Athletico? I don't think they got any, or at most very little, of the Falcao fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I always felt he was better than Mandzukic but this was inevitable with months.... Could be a real good buy for any decent team in Europe though.

He pales to Mandzukic.

A big part of Bayerns success this season has been his goals and his incredible work rate aand ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Gomez is half the player he is imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Gomez would still be a good purchase for a lot of times, great finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Not questioning his ability to put the ball in the net, just everything else that a striker needs to do these days.

True, can see why they're getting rid of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Where will Mignolet go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

A.Bola have Coentrao to Monaco nearly done. There are quotes in the press today from him saying that he didn't feel welcome at Madrid "from the first minute" amongst other things. That's his level imo, not sure about his engine or his positioning. Quality on the ball but not the full package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Where will Mignolet go?

I'd be surprised if he went to Liverpool given Rodgers' penchant for having a goalkeeper who can join in with the passing etc. Distribution is the weakest part of Mignolet's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Where will Mignolet go?

If Liverpool were to lose Reina then Mignolet would be a potential replacement. All depends on Barca though I'd say, and if they sign Ter Stegen then the possibility of Reina leaving Liverpool rescinds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Hidalgo wrote: »
    If Liverpool were to lose Reina then Mignolet would be a potential replacement. All depends on Barca though I'd say, and if they sign Ter Stegen then the possibility of Reina leaving Liverpool rescinds

Well all that depends on Valdes, whether they cash in or keep him for his last deal. Although they might still do a deal for Ter Stegen now and loan back for a year, but then what if they fall in love with Valdes again and convince him to sign a new deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

10PM lastnight
    Stoke City manager Mark Hughes poised to hand winger Jermaine Pennant chance to revive his career

10AM today
    New Stoke manager Mark Hughes releases seven players including Jermaine Pennant

Papers really are as clueless as the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fernandinho to City is official. Moves for around £30M in a 4 year deal.

maximoose wrote: »
    10PM lastnight

10AM today

Papers really are as clueless as the rest of us

His girlfriend has said on Twitter that just because he has been released doesn't mean he won't be staying. He has a meeting with Hughes in the next couple of days with regards to a new contract. I'm sure Pennant will want to explore other offers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Fernandinho to City is official. Moves for around £30M in a 4 year deal.

Shakhtar confirmed it as 40 Million Euro which is 34 Million pounds.

http://shakhtar.com/ru/news/27109

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Arsenal have reportedly activated Fellaini's release clause .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Arsenal have reportedly activated Fellaini's release clause .

twitter?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    twitter?

Goal have it . Loads saying The Times are running it also .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How much is that?

Quazzie wrote: »
    How much is that?

£22m for top 4 side . £24m for anyone outside it . Found that a bit weird .

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/06/4031002/arsenal-launch-stunning-22m-fellaini-bid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jax Teller wrote: »
    £22m for top 4 side . £24m for anyone outside it . Found that a bit weird .

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/06/4031002/arsenal-launch-stunning-22m-fellaini-bid
    That's a lot of money for a player that won't automatically fit into the system we play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

prays that its true

Any other sites able to verify this ?

Surely if they did this yesterday, Sky Sports etc. would have caught wind of it by now, although Goal don't usually fabricate stuff like this out of nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Surely if they did this yesterday, Sky Sports etc. would have caught wind of it by now, although Goal don't usually fabricate stuff like this out of nothing

eh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Goal are ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Wow man, that's some serious straw clutching.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Would be a great move for Arsenal IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Was bored so I made a Boards ITK twitter account. See how many rumours catch on :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I found this hiding in the Spurs forum. Excellent article that deserves a wider audience...

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/fourfourtwoview/archive/2013/01/16/the-truth-behind-the-transfer-rumour-mill.aspx

Disappointed that nobody saw the sarcasm in that post :o :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Was bored so I made a Boards ITK twitter account. See how many rumours catch on :p

Linkage?

Interesting move if Arsenal go for Fellaini.

He has said himself he sees himself as more of a defensive midfielder and wants to play that role as opposed to playing off the front man or nearer to goal. I think he'd be very effective for Arsenal winning the ball and letting players like Cazorla do the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Quazzie wrote: »
    That's a lot of money for a player that won't automatically fit into the system we play

Wow, I would think Arsenal fans would be delighted to be going after a player of Fellaini's calibre. He would bring some desperately needed toughness and physicality, and he can play the ball as well.

Himself and Wilshere would be a hugely dynamic and influential partnership, throw in Cazorla's class and find a decent goal-scorer and Arsenal look a totally different side.

And a keeper, seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Wow, I would think Arsenal fans would be delighted to be going after a player of Fellaini's calibre. He would bring some desperately needed toughness and physicality, and he can play the ball as well.

If it's real I'm delighted. I'm just not convinced it is. I thought United would have been first in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Himself and Wilshere would be a hugely dynamic and influential partnership, throw in Cazorla's class and find a decent goal-scorer and Arsenal look a totally different side.

And a keeper, seriously.
    I believe Julio Cesar will be confirmed soon.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Linkage?

@boardsITK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

0 followers, following 0

It's going well! :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    0 followers, following 0

It's going well! :pac:

must start using the all important #ITK

C'mon lads hit me up with some rumours!

And follow me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Well all that depends on Valdes, whether they cash in or keep him for his last deal. Although they might still do a deal for Ter Stegen now and loan back for a year, but then what if they fall in love with Valdes again and convince him to sign a new deal?

Reina is linked with Barca? I'd be very surprised by that if it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

must start using the all important #ITK

C'mon lads hit me up with some rumours!

And follow me too!

Richard Dunne tooRangers
    Torres too Everton
    Nani too barca as P/E for Messi

• Advertisement
Advertisement