Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ronaldo confident of new Madrid deal

The Portuguese attacker has made it clear that he is unlikely to leave his current club as he expects to ink an extension shortly
    Cristiano Ronaldo is confident that he will soon reach an agreement with Real Madrid over a contract extension amid suggestions that he could leave the Spanish powerhouse for Paris Saint-Germain or Manchester United.

The Portugal international's current deal with the Santiago Bernabeu side is due to expire in the summer of 2015 and he has been linked with a move away from the Liga outfit.

However, the 28-year-old has little doubt that he will ink a contract extension in the not too distant future.

"I know that we will soon reach an agreement. I am feeling very well. I'm calm and not too worried about it," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by Reuters in the wake of Portugal's 1-0 win over Russia on Friday.

The prolific attacker joined Madrid from United in the summer of 2009 and has since become a key player at the Bernabeu club.

Ronaldo netted an impressive 55 goals in 55 appearances in all competitions for Madrid in 2012-13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ronaldo confident of new Madrid deal

Can you post the direct link please,want this to show this to someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

55 goals in 55 games is just impressive now is it hahaha.... when messi and ronaldo are done its only then will a lot of people realize just how good they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ronaldos next move will be a lucrative deal in with an mls club when he is in his 30's i reckon, he will clean up there football and money wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

MD1990 wrote: »

His use of his old club to get himself the biggest contract possible is exemplary in the modern era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ronaldos next move will be a lucrative deal in with an mls club when he is in his 30's i reckon, he will clean up there football and money wise.

That would be the ideal way to manage his career imo. Play in Europe until he's about 32 and then command a huge money move to the States. Could extend his International participation a tournament or two too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Greg Stobort of goal claiming talks have started again between Spurs and Damiao new Spurs DOF is a big fan of his and also looking at Bernard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Great reporting by Cnn.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/07/sport/football/belgium-world-cup-qualifying/
    De Bruyne, who also set up Fellaini's effort, could be the next Belgian to move to the Premier League -- he's being linked with Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

You could make a reasonable premier league team with the amount of players released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That would be the ideal way to manage his career imo. Play in Europe until he's about 32 and then command a huge money move to the States. Could extend his International participation a tournament or two too.

I'm really interested to see how long Ronaldo and Messi play for. They both obviously look after themselves so I can see them going up to their 40s like Giggs, especially if they end up in the MLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It's a pity, spending big is one thing but Monaco, City etc. are taking the p***

Hardly taking the piss. They both have the money and should be allowed to spend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

yomtea98 wrote: »
    You could make a reasonable premier league team with the amount of players released.

Thats what QPR thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

A goal.com link to Ronaldo wanting a new contract?

WHERE IS THE PROOF????!?!?!??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I'm really interested to see how long Ronaldo and Messi play for. They both obviously look after themselves so I can see them going up to their 40s like Giggs, especially if they end up in the MLS.

I can see it with Messi but not ronaldo. I don't think he has the intelligence or other skills required to make for having no pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Hardly taking the piss. They both have the money and should be allowed to spend it.

The clubs don't have the money. Their owners have the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I can see it with Messi but not ronaldo. I don't think he has the intelligence or other skills required to make for having no pace.

on the contrary, just throw him up as a traditional cf, big, strong, good heaeder and either foot, could last a good while yet.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    A goal.com link to Ronaldo wanting a new contract?

WHERE IS THE PROOF????!?!?!??!

Sure he's going to Utd isn't he. Dead cert!

rarnes1 wrote: »

Totally he told me so then bought me an Mr.Freeze, a Solero and a Feast.
    He's heading to Wexford now watch the Hurling game tonite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lol

Who said that?

Who said that?

Me :confused:

Me :confused:

I blaming you do if does not happen ;-)

I blaming you do if does not happen ;-)

I can live with that!

I can live with that!

By looks of it half United fans on boards would too.

If it does happen and it's highly unlikely then say Rooney is a Gonner or should that be Gunner.

Don't think will have worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

yomtea98 wrote: »
    God no. If I was a manager of a promoted side, and finances weren't a constraint, the only players I'd be considering wanting there are Denilson, Toure, Schwarzer, Dunne and Malouda. Even those players wouldn't be enough to keep you up either in that they're merely solid footballers at the level. So much high-profile turd on that list.

By looks of it half United fans on boards would too.

If it does happen and it's highly unlikely then say Rooney is a Gonner or should that be Gunner.

Don't think will have worry

Strange odds with regards to Ronaldo.

Club after transfer window:

Hills, Ladbrokes and 888 have Madrid as 1/10, 1/6 and 1/5 respectively.

Bet Victor Ronaldo as 1/2 to sign for Utd by Sep 1st.

Sky bet have Utd as 11/8to sign him , Hills at 6/1.

Probably money to be made in this market tbh.

Sounds like there could be. Must check exchanges see if they have markets on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ronaldo's ball control, shooting, heading and football brain will let him last well into his 30s if he wants to play that long. Of his 62 goals this season, from watching a lot of Madrid, I'd say less than 20% are attributed to his pace. The rest are from his power, positioning and reading the game.

Can't see him coming back to United though, he'll definitely be USA bound after the next contract at Madrid is up. It'll be a Beckham type deal with hundreds of millions involved I'd say. You'd wonder if he'll be happy with what he's won though, 1 champions league and 4 league titles must be a disappointment for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You'd have to be mentally unstable to take 11/8 or 1/2. I presumed they refunded if he didn't move, but it seems they don't. The only angle there is backing the 6/1 with Hills if you think the chances of him moving to United are 20% or more. I personally wouldn't. Lay to lose on those markets are tiny anyway so you won't get much on

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    You'd have to be mentally unstable to take 11/8 or 1/2. I presumed they refunded if he didn't move, but it seems they don't. The only angle there is backing the 6/1 with Hills if you think the chances of him moving to United are 20% or more. I personally wouldn't. Lay to lose on those markets are tiny anyway so you won't get much on

Doesn't seem to be anything on the exchanges anyway so the bit about making money on the market is moot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

CSF wrote: »
    God no. If I was a manager of a promoted side, and finances weren't a constraint, the only players I'd be considering wanting there are Denilson, Toure, Schwarzer, Dunne and Malouda. Even those players wouldn't be enough to keep you up either in that they're merely solid footballers at the level. So much high-profile turd on that list.

The only ones I'd consider there would be Dunne, Schwarzer and Toure. Not enough to keep a team up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You'd wonder if he'll be happy with what he's won though, 1 champions league and 4 league titles must be a disappointment for him.
    A hell of a lot more than what most players will ever win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    A hell of a lot more than what most players will ever win.
    Those players aren't Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Fabregas to United is a certainly according to Denis Irwin, with Nani off to Monaco.

Luke Shaw to replace Paddy Evra who maybe also Monaco bound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fabregas to United is a certainly according to Denis Irwin, with Nani off to Monaco.

I highly doubt Fabregas to United will ever happen it as likely as Ronaldo to join United this summer.

Fabregas has already came out and stated he will not be moving to United, plus it's just the English media running with it not a peep of it in Spain.

Denis Irwin? i'd say if your dog said it it'd carry more weight than that sap.

GTR63 wrote: »

:confused::confused::confused: why is a club legend, a sap? i think he knows a fair few things about the club, dont you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

All I've seen onlinne is that Irwin has come out saying United want Fabregas...no mention of 'certainty'....eventhough the bookies seem to agree with him. Can't see this happening. Didn't he say a few days ago that he's committed to Barca?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

GTR63 wrote: »

In fairness then you would have a talking dog :pac:

• Advertisement

TheComeUp wrote: »
    All I've seen onlinne is that Irwin has come out saying United want Fabregas...no mention of 'certainty'....eventhough the bookies seem to agree with him. Can't see this happening. Didn't he say a few days ago that he's committed to Barca?

Nope he said that in April an Barcastuff on twitter mis quoted as being said a few days ago.

All that is known is that he is due to have talk with Titi in the next few days to discuss his future, along with there are rumours he is not enjoying life in Barcelona as much as he thought since his girlfriend and child are still living in London and have no plans to leave.

TheComeUp wrote: »

Irwin- "this time last year,i told you RVP would end up at Old trafford and now im sticking my neck out and saying that David Moyes first big splash as United boss WILL be to sign Fabregas".

Irwin- "this time last year,i told you RVP would end up at Old trafford and now im sticking my neck out and saying that David Moyes first big splash as United boss WILL be to sign Fabregas".

I'll say it now Fabregas to United will never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Pellegrini has apparently told City to buy Di Maria from Madrid. Chelsea are also supposed to be interested. I presume if he went to City he'd be put on the left wing with Navas already seeming the regular wide right player... Di Maria is quality o either side though. Tbh City would be quite incredible if they added him to their team. Could also pave way for Bale to fill in his spot as Madrid. We'll wait and see though.

I'll say it now Fabregas to United will never happen.

Hello paddy

Hello paddy

:confused:

:confused:

Crerand, T'was a joke in reference to his egg on face moment a half an hour before Fergie announced he'd retire. Seriously though, that's your opinion but stranger things have happened in football so you can't possibly rule it out.

Denis Irwin is a sap? Lol

I have heard it all now.

Crerand, T'was a joke in reference to his egg on face moment a half an hour before Fergie announced he'd retire. Seriously though, that's your opinion but stranger things have happened in football so you can't possibly rule it out.

Ah I know stranger things have happened but I truly believe he won't go to United to many reports saying he wont and if you look at his twitter he is still very much an Arsenal man it was him who persuaded Cazorla to join Arsenal, his girlfriend and and child still live in London and no ones sure exactly what is in his contract at Arsenal but negotiations went on so long and was so many little details in it you can be sure there is something along the lines as Arsenal having first refusal or a set buy back price etc as have been reported.

If it does happen feel free to find these posts and quote them though :o.

• Advertisement

If it does happen feel free to find these posts and quote them though :o.

Tbf I can see entirely why anybody would think what you say.

I be surprised if did happen although we are after him.

If and it's a IF he did come I be cleaning my laptop for some time.

Advertisement