Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

The Earth is flat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dempsey wrote: »
    Or Guardiola will provide continuity to Heynckes. On the continent, there isnt as much instability at a club like what happens in England when a manager leaves.
    They don't appear to have the same footballing philosophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

CSF wrote: »
    Just to clarify, I'm not using bookies odds to justify my opinion or any opinion. I can't say any more than this without tearing my own head off in frustration.

Don't know if this was mentioned, but Arsenal being linked heavily with Gundogan in alot of places. If Lewandowski and Gundogan do follow Gotze out the door, I don't think any amount of replacements can help Dortmund compete with Bayern next year. That and Reus will probably be clamouring to be next out the door.

I don't understand Gundogan to Arsenal. Even if he was being offered huge money surely he'd be snapped up by a Bayern/Madrid/Barca/United if they realised he was on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The Earth is flat
    Are we discounting mountains now?

Let me show you a map remerber it's not to scale.

tumblr_static_url.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Neymar having another mare against France here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Oat23 wrote: »
    Gündogan's buyout clause is around €25m I think. I expect him to extend with BVB over the summer (He's seriously underpaid).

You think he'd go to arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Based on David Moyes tremendous haul of trophies in his career yeh thats a certainty alright.

It's a wonder Vilanova or Guardiola were able to sign anybody in their first season at Barca...

Oh wait it's not because it's Barcelona. In much the same way United will remain a massive draw without Ferguson.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Neymar having another mare against France here.

Doesn't look like a €50m player tonight, that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

batistuta9 wrote: »
    You think he'd go to arsenal?

I think he'd stay with Dortmund before moving to Arsenal to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Are we discounting mountains now?

Let me show you a map remerber it's not to scale.

tumblr_static_url.jpg

wheres the 5th elephant?

Liam O wrote: »
    I asked in the Arsenal thread late summer last year if they thought that it was possible for them to improve by 19 points relative to United who were going to improve.
    Pretty big assumption that United will improve from the 89 points they've scored in each of the last 2 seasons.
    United were ahead of Real until the Nani sending off, talk of hypothetical all you must but I'd back United over Dortmund and would be close with Bayern. One or 2 right midfielders and United have a world class first 11 and squad, it's been mainly the squad the last few seasons with the first 11 lacking somewhat.
    Arsenal were ahead of Barcelona til RVP was sent off and Barcelona went on to win the tournament. Looking at the last 6 years shows the poor draws Arsenal have ended up with in the knockout stages:
    Bayern Munich (Winners)
    Milan
    Barcelona (Winners)
    Barcelona
    United (Finalists)
    Liverpool

I don't see Arsenal pushing on to challenge for the CL but they have as much chance as United do in my book.
    I'm hoping for a turnaround in the Nani situation as I think he could be a huge player next season if he can get fit and play. Valencia can't get any worse and I'd hope Moyes can sort him out.
    I've been somewhat surprised at the lack of activity in United so far this summer.
    There are a lot of variables but to say Arsenal have the same hopes as United in Europe is LOL at this stage. The best team in the country is at the same level as the barely 4th best? But we're the arrogant and delusional ones.
    I love the "barely" bit. They're either 4th best or not if you're going by the league table. If you don't want to go by the league table then form would suggest Arsenal are either the best (last 6 matches) or 2nd best (since start of calendar year) in England. I think that's somewhat flattering but I don't think United are 0.5ppg better than Arsenal with the current squads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Weird.

Every time I click on the "Summer transfer" thread, it seems to automatically divert me into the "Can Arsenal win the Champions League" thread instead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Weird.

Every time I click on the "Summer transfer" thread, it seems to automatically divert me into the "Can Arsenal win the Champions League" thread instead...

It's a transfer rumour thread. Certain supposed Arsenal targets are being discounted by some as they assume the Gunners aren't competitive enough.

Weird.

That's some interesting information you just put up about summer transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Weird.

Arsenal fans compensating for their really small.....

trophy cabinet,

by talking about their really big.....

fantasies,

to anyone who'll listen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It's especially bizarre that people are completely ruling out the possibility that Fabregas of all people would go to Arsenal considering:

a) Arsenal has first refusal

b) He has already played for, and captained, Arsenal and is a huge fan of Wenger.

c) He ideally wants to live in London to be with his girlfriend and child, and has recently spent £5m on a house there.

That's not to say it's going to happen, and that he definitely won't go to United. But to completely disregard it, given these points, is pathetic willy waving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pretty big assumption that United will improve from the 89 points they've scored in each of the last 2 seasons.

Arsenal were ahead of Barcelona til RVP was sent off and Barcelona went on to win the tournament. Looking at the last 6 years shows the poor draws Arsenal have ended up with in the knockout stages:
    Bayern Munich (Winners)
    Milan
    Barcelona (Winners)
    Barcelona
    United (Finalists)
    Liverpool

I don't see Arsenal pushing on to challenge for the CL but they have as much chance as United do in my book.

I've been somewhat surprised at the lack of activity in United so far this summer.

I love the "barely" bit. They're either 4th best or not if you're going by the league table. If you don't want to go by the league table then form would suggest Arsenal are either the best (last 6 matches) or 2nd best (since start of calendar year) in England. I think that's somewhat flattering but I don't think United are 0.5ppg better than Arsenal with the current squads.

Where did I say that United would improve on their points? I said that the others had to improve to the level that United are currently at, which was streets ahead of them last season. Chelsea are just a bunch of names atm until they can put in a consistent season in the league though they have a lot of potential. City went really backwards this season and god knows how they'll play next season. Arsenal finished the season 4th, and were very close to not being there.

Actually you say you "love" the barely bit and then go onto say that Arsenal's start of season form doesn't really matter to their rating. The reason United won so comfortably is because they were consistent all season, not when they were too far behind to do anything. With what's going on at the other teams I'd say United are actually in the best position to carry over into next season. One or two first team signings is the only significant personnel changes, less than all other teams up there and a lot of players on an upwards trajectory.

It will be interesting and I do rate Arsenal very highly but some are losing the run of themselves in here.

It's especially bizarre that people are completely ruling out the possibility that Fabregas of all people would go to Arsenal considering:

a) Arsenal has first refusal

b) He has already played for, and captained, Arsenal and is a huge fan of Wenger.

c) He ideally wants to live in London to be with his girlfriend and child, and has recently spent £5m on a house there.

That's not to say it's going to happen, and that he definitely won't go to United. But to completely disregard it, given these points, is pathetic willy waving.
    You also have to consider the fact that:
    a) Arsenal are fairly muck in comparison to some of the teams that would want him

b) Arsenal don't win trophies

c) He has already left Arsenal in search of greener fields.

Where did I say that United would improve on their points? I said that the others had to improve to the level that United are currently at, which was streets ahead of them last season. Chelsea are just a bunch of names atm until they can put in a consistent season in the league though they have a lot of potential. City went really backwards this season and god knows how they'll play next season. Arsenal finished the season 4th, and were very close to not being there.
    Arsenal, in my opinion, won't need to add 19 points next season to catch up to United. City, Chelsea and United are in the mix for the title, Arsenal will likely finish a bit behind those 3. That's assuming squads stay as they are, Arsenal are and have been screaming out for a couple of positions to be filled for a couple of years now.
    Actually you say you "love" the barely bit and then go onto say that Arsenal's start of season form doesn't really matter to their rating. The reason United won so comfortably is because they were consistent all season, not when they were too far behind to do anything. With what's going on at the other teams I'd say United are actually in the best position to carry over into next season. One or two first team signings is the only significant personnel changes, less than all other teams up there and a lot of players on an upwards trajectory.
    Where did I say that? I was trying to get to exactly what you were trying to say. If (you seem to be struggling with this word) we look at the final table Arsenal were 4th, "barely" has nothing to with it. Hell, Chelsea were "almost" 5th yet most would agree they have a shot at the title next season. If (there's that word again) you want to look at form then Arsenal are apparently better than 4th. As it happens I have Arsenal fairly clear as the 4th best team in the PL but not by much and the 3 ahead are very tight.

It will be interesting and I do rate Arsenal very highly but some are losing the run of themselves in here.
    Where do you rate them in the CL in comparison with United so? I haven't seen anyone lose the run of themselves tbh, Arsenal have had a few bad performances in the last 16 in the CL the last 2 years along with a run of awful draws.

Arsenal, in my opinion, won't need to add 19 points next season to catch up to United. City, Chelsea and United are in the mix for the title, Arsenal will likely finish a bit behind those 3. That's assuming squads stay as they are, Arsenal are and have been screaming out for a couple of positions to be filled for a couple of years now.

Where did I say that? I was trying to get to exactly what you were trying to say. If (you seem to be struggling with this word) we look at the final table Arsenal were 4th, "barely" has nothing to with it. Hell, Chelsea were "almost" 5th yet most would agree they have a shot at the title next season. If (there's that word again) you want to look at form then Arsenal are apparently better than 4th. As it happens I have Arsenal fairly clear as the 4th best team in the PL but not by much and the 3 ahead are very tight.

Where do you rate them in the CL in comparison with United so? I haven't seen anyone lose the run of themselves tbh, Arsenal have had a few bad performances in the last 16 in the CL the last 2 years along with a run of awful draws.

You can make it further with good draws but getting awful draws isn't an excuse that can be used, you are going to have to face one of the superteams sooner or later and Arsenal haven't stepped up to the plate. United got 89 points the last 2 seasons, maybe they wont next season but it must be seen as possible if not probable that there will be a similar amount of points next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You also have to consider the fact that:
    a) Arsenal are fairly muck in comparison to some of the teams that would want him

b) Arsenal don't win trophies

c) He has already left Arsenal in search of greener fields.

Arsenal aren't exactly 'muck' in comparison to any team tbh

AdamD wrote: »
    Arsenal aren't exactly 'muck' in comparison to any team tbh
    Ah they are yeah. If this thread has taught me 1 thing, it is that Arsenal fans still cling on to delusions of grandeur. The new Liverpool, now that hope has all gone of it being their year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah they are yeah. If this thread has taught me 1 thing, it is that Arsenal fans still cling on to delusions of grandeur. The new Liverpool, now that hope has all gone of it being their year.

The amount of ****e you've posted in this thread today is ridiculous. Putting words in people's mouths left right and centre.

The amount of ****e you've posted in this thread today is ridiculous. Putting words in people's mouths left right and centre.

Says the chap with some deluded notion that Fabregas would even dream of coming back to the team who he left to win trophies, and did, while Arsenal have won none in the meantime.

There are 3 max players in the Arsenal team who would get into the teams of the top 3, and not all of them would get into each of those teams. Why would any world class player realistically want to go there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

What are you ****ing on about? How are Arsenal muck? Finished fourth and only 2 points behind Chelsea who nobody would call muck ffs.

What are you ****ing on about? How are Arsenal muck? Finished fourth and only 2 points behind Chelsea who nobody would call muck ffs.

Chelsea underachieved, went through a managerial change, but have lots of players that you would expect to propel them to better things next year even without further signings.

Arsenal have 3 players who would realistically start at the 3 teams above them, and not all of those 3 would start at each of those sides. The gap in quality is big.

Says the chap with some deluded notion that Fabregas would even dream of coming back to the team who he left to win trophies, and did, while Arsenal have won none in the meantime.

There are 3 max players in the Arsenal team who would get into the teams of the top 3, and not all of them would get into each of those teams. Why would any world class player realistically want to go there?

Arteta walcott kos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I'd be fairly sure that Wilshere, Koscielny, Walcott, Cazorla and even Arteta and maybe Szczesny would stake realistic claims for a place in the United team.

The problem with these discussions is the absurd bias. For example, Arsenal fans might think Chamberlain is great, United fans might think Wellbeck is great.

The reality is they're both very average and most neutrals can see this. This sort of bias is evident throughout every discussion.

It's nonsensical to think that Fabregas wouldn't dream of returning to Arsenal. There's a very realistic possibility.

And to say Arsenal are muck is also absurd.

That being said, without some top signings, Arsenal will stand no chance of competing for the Premiership next year whatsoever because City, United etc. will strengthen.

Now less of the bull**** and more transfer talk please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I'd be fairly sure that Wilshere, Koscielny, Walcott, Cazorla and even Arteta and maybe Szczesny would stake realistic claims for a place in the United team.

Now less of the bull****

Yeah, less of the bull would be nice. Szczesny FFS. He's in the lower end of the top ten goalkeepers in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

The problem with these discussions is the absurd bias. For example, Arsenal fans might think Chamberlain is great, United fans might think Wellbeck is great.

The reality is they're both very average and most neutrals can see this. This sort of bias is evident throughout every discussion.

It's nonsensical to think that Fabregas wouldn't dream of returning to Arsenal. There's a very realistic possibility.

That being said, without some top signings, Arsenal will stand no chance of competing for the Premiership next year whatsoever because City, United etc. will strengthen.

Szczensy wouldnt tbf.

Can this be put back on topic please!!Tired getting notifications that are not about transfers!!
    Can a mod step up to the plate please and make posters stick to posting relevant information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Chelsea have to make HUGE steps forward next season. Now it is possible but they were in a battle for 4th place for most of the season. City went significantly backwards last season too and Navas and Fernandinho aren't exactly the most proven-especially Navas with his homesickness.

I'd have said that Navas, with his World Cup and European Championship winners medals in his back pocket, is far more proven than a Brazilian who has spent most of his career in the Ukraine.

The home sickness is being far too overplayed imo, if it was five years ago then fair enough.

Yeah, less of the bull would be nice. Szczesny FFS. He's in the lower end of the top ten goalkeepers in the league.

I never said he was world class, I said he could maybe stake a claim of getting in the United goal. With De Gea in nets, that is a fair, albeit optimistic, assumption.

And if you're going to start into a rant about how De Gea is brilliant and Szczesny is terrible then don't bother because I just want this thread to be for transfer news :p

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'd have said that Navas, with his World Cup and European Championship winners medals in his back pocket, is far more proven than a Brazilian who has spent most of his career in the Ukraine.

The home sickness is being far too overplayed imo, if it was five years ago then fair enough.

Haven't seen much of either of them play ut from what I've heard, neither are worth near that much money?

Haven't seen much of either of them play ut from what I've heard, neither are worth near that much money?

Course they aren't, it's already been discussed in this thread. Clubs know City have bucket loads of money so when they're interested the asking price goes up.

It's happened with United for years, as their fans can attest to.

At the end of the day, who cares how much the player cost if he improves the squad? Both Fernandinho and Navas are what we need position wise so I'm delighted with both (once the latter is confirmed of course).

Course they aren't, it's already been discussed in this thread. Clubs know City have bucket loads of money so when they're interested the asking price goes up.

It's happened with United for years, as their fans can attest to.

At the end of the day, who cares how much the player cost if he improves the squad? Both Fernandinho and Navas are what we need position wise so I'm delighted with both (once the latter is confirmed of course).

Ah right I see. Personally I hate to see my club overspending on players when you think of how the excess money could have been put to use.

City are also being widely linked with El Shaarawy the past few days. €40 million is the alleged offer with €25 million + Tevez also being mooted.

I don't think El Shaarawy is worth €40m if I'm being honest (€30m is a lot more realistic) but Milan could definitely get that for him after the season he has had and with the money that is being thrown around.

Personally I hope we keep him. Dedicated Milan fan who works tirelessly for the team and the lad is a very selfless, honest player who is only going to improve. He has been quoted several times as saying he never wants to leave and wants to become a club icon and I really hope he does exactly that.

Players like that are too valuable to sell and he is worth much more to Milan than he is to City imo

Ah right I see. Personally I hate to see my club overspending on players when you think of how the excess money could have been put to use.

I was that way inclined at first but there's nothing you can do about it if a player has a long term contract.

Can't blame the selling club either and they're right to milk us for all they can.
    City are also being widely linked with El Shaarawy the past few days. €40 million is the alleged offer with €25 million + Tevez also being mooted.

I don't think El Shaarawy is worth €40m if I'm being honest (€30m is a lot more realistic) but Milan could definitely get that for him after the season he has had and with the money that is being thrown around.

Personally I hope we keep him. Dedicated Milan fan who works tirelessly for the team and the lad is a very selfless, honest player who is only going to improve. He has been quoted several times as saying he never wants to leave and wants to become a club icon and I really hope he does exactly that.

Players like that are too valuable to sell and he is worth much more to Milan than he is to City imo

You're right, he's not worth that right now but with "City tax" it becomes the going rate if we are interested.

If Milan get Tevez off us after picking up Balotelli in January that's some pretty decent business and would soften the blow I'm sure!

I was that way inclined at first but there's nothing you can do about it if a player has a long term contract.

Can't blame the selling club either and they're right to milk us for all they can.
    I see where you're coming from. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the club spent a bit extra than didn't spend at all/bought weaker players.

You're right, he's not worth that right now but with "City tax" it becomes the going rate if we are interested.

If Milan get Tevez off us after picking up Balotelli in January that's some pretty decent business and would soften the blow I'm sure!

Yeah it's a good deal for Milan but the damage that it would do to the club's stature also has to be taken into account. Selling Ibra and T.Silva and then El Shaarawy the following season tells the world that nobody in our team is untouchable and essentially we become a "selling" club. Our best players will constantly be linked with transfers away from the club and this damages squad harmony among other things.

I highly rate Tevez. I will never understand City's transfer policy though. Tevez up front alongside Balotelli with a creative player in behind (Silva for example) is an extremely potent attack and would be unrivaled in the Premiership and very hard beat in the Champions League.

It's amazing to think Milan could end up with Balo and Tevez + €5 million and all they'd be out would be El Shaarawy.

Difficult to see it happening though. It goes against everything Milan are building (investing in youth, low wage structure, financial stability)

Plus Tevez is on €8.5 million per year, has no real affiliation to Milan and is known to be a troublemaker.

El Shaarawy was on €800k per year up until recently. (He's on roughly €1.6m per year now). He loves the club and has a great friendship with Balotelli, and he is probably the least likely, high profile player to cause any sort of trouble.

I'd much rather keep him than make that deal tbh. Both sides would benefit from this not happening imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I like transfer talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

They don't appear to have the same footballing philosophies.

Bayern & Dortmund, you mean? Bayern have a far superior squad of players

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Bayern & Dortmund, you mean? Bayern have a far superior squad of players

pep and jupp

Wilshere is the only definite to make the United team. Cazorla probably would but Kagawa is very similar to him unsure if he would. I'd rather develop Smalling and Jones than put Koscielny in even though I'm a big fan of him, Evans has been excellent the last couple of years too. Chesney can barely hold down his place in the Arsenal team, how does he get into United? Your dismissal of Welbeck shows a lack of understanding of how United are successful. Players like Welbeck who are happy to do a job and be a squad player have been a huge part of the success of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone thinking Milan selling El Shaarawy is good business needs a smack round the ear & Tevez has been a complete waster for how long now. He carried Milan for 5 months after they sold & released nearly the entire team. I'm baffled at Milans need for selling after selling Kaka, Ibra & Silva for what €130m and then the wage bill has been slashed & its not like a lot of that went into the squad with all the frees picked up. Then you have an owner thinking they can win the league and beat Barcelona over two legs, what fúcking worthless idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

GTR63 wrote: »
    Tevez has been a complete waster for how long now.

.... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jive wrote: »
    .... ?

The guy who sat on his arse and then went golfing in November, there is a reason why Argentina don't even call him up anymore you know. I don't see many lining up for him now come to think of it only Juve as a 3rd alternative even they could do a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The guy who sat on his arse and then went golfing in November, there is a reason why Argentina don't even call him up anymore you know. I don't see many lining up for him now come to think of it only Juve as a 3rd alternative even they could do a lot better.

He was comfortably one of City's best players this year. He's a class act any time he is on the pitch and is a consistent performer. Sabella obviously doesn't like him or feels that he doesn't need him in the team, on performances alone he would definitely be in that Argentina team. What happened with Mancini happened; there's a reason why City wouldn't sell him even after he headed off golfing for a few months too you know.

Juve couldn't do a lot better than Tevez because there simply aren't many players that much better than Tevez with the obvious exceptions of Messi and Ronaldo. Like him or loathe him he's a top player.

• Advertisement

138 games, 73 three goals (107 and 58 in the league) in the four years since joining City. Yep, he's definitely been a "complete waster" for quite a while alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This is a bad post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's amazing to think Milan could end up with Balo and Tevez and all they'd be out would be El Shaarawy plus €10 million.

I'd rather keep El Shaarawy all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wilshere is the only definite to make the United team. Cazorla probably would but Kagawa is very similar to him unsure if he would. I'd rather develop Smalling and Jones than put Koscielny in even though I'm a big fan of him, Evans has been excellent the last couple of years too. Chesney can barely hold down his place in the Arsenal team, how does he get into United? Your dismissal of Welbeck shows a lack of understanding of how United are successful. Players like Welbeck who are happy to do a job and be a squad player have been a huge part of the success of the team.[/QUOTE]

A less informed person might be more inclined to say that he wouldn't make the squad of any other team in the top 4;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

If we sell El Shaarawy now we'll get more for him than we ever will. Don't think he's quite as good as people expect him to be and I've seen him play every game over the last few years. Think Niang while still hugely raw has the bigger potential.

Tevez has delivered wherever he's gone and been a big factor in his clubs title success'. His attitude on the pitch is spot on, one of the hardest workers around, and allegri is well able to deal with his off pitch antics.

I'd have him over El Shaarawy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement