Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

greendom wrote: »
    A less informed person might be more inclined to say that he wouldn't make the squad of any other team in the top 4;)

absolute nonsense, of course he would. every top squad in Europe has plenty of players like him and the top 4 in england is no different.

Chelsea have players like Yossi, Moses, while City have the likes of Sinclair, Rodwell and co, let alone Arsenal who have a serious amount of dross in their squad. Welbeck, for all his faults last season, is still at or above the level of all of those lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Welbeck, for all his faults last season, is still at or above the level of all of those lads in my opinion.
    FYP. ;)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

welbeck is well good enough for most squads in football tbh. creative, young and seems to have a very good attitude. if he sorts out his finishing he'll be class but until then he is still a solid squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Saved the mods a hassle and made a thread for this OT garbage - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85000673#post85000673

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'd rather keep El Shaarawy all the same.

Awh absolutely. Would be gutted to see him go (He said again today he wouldn't)

Just saying how poor of business this is from City and the fact that they had a potentially great attacking partnership in Balo and Tevez but they couldn't handle things right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yeah, read his interview today, consistent with what's he's said all along. He has no plans to leave Milan.
    “I really don’t think I will be leaving Milan,” the former Genoa youngster told La Repubblica. “I’m flattered if City really want me, but I want to stay at Milan.

“I’m really happy with the Rossoneri and I feel very attached to the club.

“I've always felt total confidence in me at Milan on the part of everybody – the club, boss Massimiliano Allegri who launched and encouraged me, and my teammates.

“Even when the goals dried up, everyone recognised the important work which I was doing. And if I am in the national side today then it is thanks to them.”

El Shaarawy had a season to remember in 2012-13 after scoring 19 goals in 46 games for the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza outfit.

“It was a fantastic season for me, one which surprised me,” he continued. “Why? Because I knew that I needed to play with consistency.

“I didn’t expect to score as many goals as I did, to remain at the top of the scoring charts for so long or to find myself in the national side, scoring my first goal against a side like France.

“That was one of the best emotions I have ever experienced.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ivanschitz to Levante on a free, good signing for them, gets quite a few goals from midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Liverpool are reportedly close to agreeing a deal for Luis Alberto from Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Wrote about Falcao moving to Monaco in my Irish essay today :p I said he only went for the money :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Wrote about Falcao moving to Monaco in my Irish essay today :p I said he only went for the money :L

I hope you included 'Is fear an tsláinte ná na táinte' with it :pac:

• Advertisement

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I hope you included 'Is fear an tsláinte ná na táinte' with it :pac:

My concluding line to that paragraph ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

swoody wrote: »
    Liverpool are reportedly close to agreeing a deal for Luis Alberto from Sevilla

Iago Aspas is in town for a medical also
    Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas will undergo a medical with Liverpool on Tuesday as he completes the formalities of a £7m move to Anfield.
    Aspas arrived on Merseyside on Monday and has agreed personal terms on a deal that will see him become Brendan Rodgers's second signing of the summer.
    The uncapped 25-year-old scored 12 goals in 35 league games for Celta this season as they avoided relegation from La Liga on the final day.
    He was also a target for Swansea.

Never heard of him. Anyone rate him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

x43r0 wrote: »

He's decent, very fiery dogged player, like a less talented Lavezzi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Awh absolutely. Would be gutted to see him go (He said again today he wouldn't)

Just saying how poor of business this is from City and the fact that they had a potentially great attacking partnership in Balo and Tevez but they couldn't handle things right

I support City and loved both players individually but they are both known malcontents, would never be happy relying on them as our two main strikers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

x43r0 wrote: »
    Iago Aspas is in town for a medical also

He had a great season. Celta Vigo wouldn't still be in La Liga without him. Very exciting singing I think.

Talk in Italy of Milan signing Tevez soon. Not sure about how that fits in with the whole new wage structure thing unless city are going to give him a bit of a payoff to get rid of him?

Also being linked with Javier Pastore, which I think would be a great signing.

If we signed Pastore and played him as a #10 behind SES and Balotelli and then moved Boateng back into midfield with De Jong and Montolivo we'd have a very good side if we managed to signed a centre back or two!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Talk in Italy of Milan signing Tevez soon. Not sure about how that fits in with the whole new wage structure thing unless city are going to give him a bit of a payoff to get rid of him?

Also being linked with Javier Pastore, which I think would be a great signing.

If we signed Pastore and played him as a #10 behind SES and Balotelli and then moved Boateng back into midfield with De Jong and Montolivo we'd have a very good side if we managed to signed a centre back or two!

I think I'd go more along the lines of:

Pastore
    SES
    Balotelli

No matter what way that front three line would line up though, it'd be pretty exciting. A centre back is definitely needed and I think another central midfielder would be great.

I think I'd go more along the lines of:

Pastore
    SES
    Balotelli

No matter what way that front three line would line up though, it'd be pretty exciting. A centre back is definitely needed and I think another central midfielder would be great.

Milan have said that next year the team will play 4-3-1-2 as the main formation.
    Inzaghi also said he will have the Primavera playing the same formation when he got the promotion last week.

I'd imagine it would be Pastore (or Diamanti, the other #10 Milan are being linked with) as first choice with Spaonara rotating.

And where does Tevez fit into the team then? Buying him without having him as a clear first choice somewhere would be a complete disaster and dropping Balotelli/El Shaarawy is out of the question.

Leave Tevez where he is imo (even though I think he's fantastic) unless there is a clear plan as to where to play him.

There will be very little difference in approach between us playing 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 because El Shaarawy will drop back naturally anyway...

What about:
    Tevez
    El Shaarawy

Balotelli

A defender and creative midfielder is more urgent than an attacker anyway imo.

• Advertisement

And where does Tevez fit into the team then? Buying him without having him as a clear first choice somewhere would be a complete disaster and dropping Balotelli/El Shaarawy is out of the question.

Leave Tevez where he is imo (even though I think he's fantastic) unless there is a clear plan as to where to play him.

There will be very little difference in approach between us playing 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 because El Shaarawy will drop back naturally anyway...

What about:
    Tevez
    El Shaarawy

Balotelli

A defender and creative midfielder is more urgent than an attacker anyway imo.

If Tevez was signed I'd imagine it would be a trident like this yeah with him on the right or in the middle, yes.

If not and Pastore is signed it would be Pastore as a #10 with 2 ahead of him.

I don't think either will be signed to be honest and if anything it's only likely we'd sign one of them, not both.

If Tevez was signed I'd imagine it would be a trident like this yeah with him on the right or in the middle, yes.

If not and Pastore is signed it would be Pastore as a #10 with 2 ahead of him.

I don't think either will be signed to be honest and if anything it's only likely we'd sign one of them, not both.

Would be some attacking trio!

Anything more than €20 million for Tevez would be a waste though and even at that he's need to take a very hefty pay cut. A large signing on fee might persuade him to drop his wages if we went for him but I can't see him going from £8.5 million p.a down to €4 million - although stranger things have happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I still think Milan should throw 35m at Napoli for Hamsik. He's the perfect player for Milan imo.

Villa are in talks with Aalborg over Danish forward Nicklas Helenius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Navas to City confirmed by City .

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Navas to City confirmed by City .
    0478c892-9a77-435e-8143-fe2c368ace52

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He looks homesick already!

Dempsey wrote: »

He gets homesick?

Rekop dog wrote: »
    He gets homesick?

I laughed when I saw this but then I thought "maybe he's not messing" :pac:

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I still think Milan should throw 35m at Napoli for Hamsik. He's the perfect player for Milan imo.

Would love to see us get him. Not for that kind of money though. Sell of some of the deadwood and try and get €18m for Boateng if he has to be sold (Would like to see him stay) - Bring in Hamsik for €25m-€30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dempsey wrote: »

Hope he has his counsellor on speed dial!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

He gets homesick?

Yeah, like a fish outta water:pac:

Yeah, like a fish outta water:pac:

Nobody ever mentions this when he's brought up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Nobody ever mentions this when he's brought up.

I'm nearly 100% certain that when the topic of Navas to City came up, homesickness was the first thing said about him?

I'm nearly 100% certain that when the topic of Navas to City came up, homesickness was the first thing said about him?

He's being sarcastic because it was mentioned that often :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Moneymaker wrote: »

Ah good old Mr.X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

15m initial fee is well decent. It'll obviously rise but not a bad bit of business in fairness considering the 'City tax'. Hope he gets a run for Spain when we play them. That'd win over a lot of people I'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Oh dear.

Need a catchy bio for the ITK account ads, anyone care to help!? I'm not great at these things :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Navas is navas about joining City!

*deletes boards account*

so Saurez wants out....
    think this is the interview that he says the fa are 2 faced and the media are driving him out of england (could be wrong as i don't speak spanish and he could be talking about his favorite movie :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

PSG after AVB according to Rory Smith (Times journalist) on twitter.

Ambrosini's agent says he heading to West Ham. A very Big Sam move.

Would love to see us get him. Not for that kind of money though. Sell of some of the deadwood and try and get €18m for Boateng if he has to be sold (Would like to see him stay) - Bring in Hamsik for €25m-€30m

Maybe 25-30 will get him. One of the most under-rated players around imo.

Pastore would do well too though if the price was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd be delighted if AVB left Spurs, can't see t happening though.

Personal terms have reportedly been agreed between Fiorentina and Bayern Munich forward Mario Gomez.

Well that means JoJo is gone for sure.

Pretty good replacement though. Any word on the fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

swoody wrote: »
    Personal terms have reportedly been agreed between Fiorentina and Bayern Munich forward Mario Gomez.

Yeh but reports are also saying the deal can't go through until Jovetic is moved on first.

Some solid transfer news on this page.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Ah good old Mr.X

We haven't had a Mr. X in a while now :'(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Milan confirm Ambrosini exit

Advertisement