Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I'd be delighted if AVB left Spurs, can't see t happening though.

I will be delighted when Mr Suarez packs his bags too from your lot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Seaneh wrote: »
    We haven't had a Mr. X in a while now :'(

I worry more about Mr.eXit these days.
    Not saying it to make them weaker but PSG should have a good look at Montella I think. He did such a great job this past season with a side who signed multiple new starters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

kryogen wrote: »
    Milan confirm Ambrosini exit

Sad times, great servant and massively underrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Seaneh wrote: »
    Sad times, great servant and massively underrated.

He'll do a great job at the Hammers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Suarez said he'd like to play with Ronaldo, Liverpool must be getting ready to bid

Taking their title challenge next season seriously I see :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah Real are taking their challenge seriously..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

L'Equipe reporting that Lille manager Rudi Garcia is the new manager of Roma.

There has been talk of the likes of Digne, may see him in Roma's colours next year now. Perhaps even Kalou and Payet as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I will be delighted when Mr Suarez packs his bags too from your lot ;)

I'll be saying the same next year with Bale, don't worry. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,077 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see Man City have bought 2 players for £45m, yet they haven't got a manager?

So who is buying these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

NIMAN wrote: »

Txixi Begiristan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Sheila the dinner lady......who do you think! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Same guy who'll continue buying players whenever Pelligrini arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd be fairly certain that Pellegrini has been included in these purchases.

Delighted with Navas anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,077 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

swoody wrote: »
    Sheila the dinner lady......who do you think! :rolleyes:

I know, and you know, its Pelligrini, but why are they arsing around pretending he isn't their manager yet when they are spending big money on players? Thats what I was hinting at.

Announce him already will ye's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I know, and you know, its Pelligrini, but why are they arsing around pretending he isn't their manager yet when they are spending big money on players? Thats what I was hinting at.

Announce him already will ye's!

They're actually waiting on Stuart Pearce's availability before doing anything rash ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I'd be fairly certain that Pellegrini has been included in these purchases.

He'd hardly be upset about those signings, now would he.
    I bet he wishes he could still have Balotelli though...

Lass Diarra and Abidal close to completing AS Monaco moves. Yohann Cabaye also a big target apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ronaldo to Monaco for £85m is doing the rounds also. No proper source though. And their director said a few weeks ago that he or Messi would be unrealistic targets....you never know though with the way Monaco are going about their business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭CSF

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Ronaldo to Monaco for £85m is doing the rounds also. No proper source though. And their director said a few weeks ago that he or Messi would be unrealistic targets....you never know though with the way Monaco are going about their business.

I get the impression he has more about him than to go there. All players are motivated by money of course, but he seems the type that is just as motivated by winning the big trophies that Monaco won't be competing in this year.

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Why would Madrid sell him for less than they bought him when he had improved since they bought him.

• Advertisement

Why would Madrid sell him for less than they bought him when he had improved since they bought him.

It's 5 mill more and because he has less of his career left

Was it not 90 million he went for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

80m Pounds . 93m Euro .
    I think they should be looking for more than 100m euro though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Jax Teller wrote: »
    80m Pounds . 93m Euro .

How much more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Jax Teller wrote: »
    80m Pounds . 93m Euro .

they bought a 24 year old probably best player in the world at the time with so many more unbelievable years ahead of him.

They now have a 28 year old probably one of the best players in the world with less unbelievable years ahead of him.

Why is he worth more?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

because they'll struggle to pay his wages, ot at least that was a story doing the rounds anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Also, you get that initial rush on merchandising when you buy someone like that, as Barca will have now with Neymar, so in selling him and buying let's say Bale and Suarez, they reopen that accelerated revenue...

if memory serves my right didn't Madrid have Beckhams 35M (or was it Ronaldos 80M) transfer payed off in a record amount of days through jersey sales alone

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He'll do a great job at the Hammers.

Looking like he's going to Fiorentina to play alongside Aquilani and Valero.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope it's not true but if it is he really is an idiot. He's getting 30+ million a year and avoids paying a few million in taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Why would ronaldo go to a club like monaco.Hes going to wait at real and try and compete against messi,beat records and become the legendary player he wants to be!

Not sure what to make of manaco,there mental buying everything, but fair play to them.Is no one out of reach it seems.

Why would ronaldo go to a club like monaco.Hes going to wait at real and try and compete against messi,beat records and become the legendary player he wants to be!

Not sure what to make of manaco,there mental buying everything, but fair play to them.Is no one out of reach it seems.
    Paul McShane!

he's waaaaay outta their league! :pac:

while we're on hull....

Hull City make an undisclosed offer, believed to be around £4.5m for Gary Hooper

Dieumerci Mbokani of Anderlecht looking likely to choose the leafy communes of Kiev over the stoic facades of dreary West Bromwich (money may also be a factor here). Shame for them, he would've likely been a reasonable replacement for Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Mbokani would've been a very good signing for them imo

Is it just me of do the rumours in this thread indicate that Premiership clubs have really upped their game scoutingwise this summer, or have the tabloids just gotten more creative in their rumourmaking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

CSF wrote: »
    Is it just me of do the rumours in this thread indicate that Premiership clubs have really upped their game scoutingwise this summer, or have the tabloids just gotten more creative in their rumourmaking?

Nearly all of the players that have been bought/rumoured are well established in the country they play in so I wouldn't say the scouting has improved. It's still very lacking in comparison to some other countries imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

if memory serves my right didn't Madrid have Beckhams 35M (or was it Ronaldos 80M) transfer payed off in a record amount of days through jersey sales alone

Becks as far as I remember

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

There is no competing with Messi. I think he has every goalscoring record at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gladbach & Frankfurt are both leading the chase for Nicklas Bendtner, who turned down moves to Hamburg last summer and in January because the club wasn't big enough for him.

Delighted that 1) We didn't get stuck with him and 2) He is finally securing a move to a bigger team. Oh wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Premier League is gona be so different next season, with all the managerial changes and possible big transfers in and out (Suarez, Lewandowski, Torres, Mata, Luiz, Cavani etc)

Alot of them are unlikely, but is there smoke without fire?

Nearly all of the players that have been bought/rumoured are well established in the country they play in so I wouldn't say the scouting has improved. It's still very lacking in comparison to some other countries imo
    The likes of Canas, Okore, Tonev. Aspas, Helenius, Amorebieta, van Wolfswinkel, Toivonen, Boateng, Cornelius, Rat, Adrian. That isn't your normal summers transfers for me. I'm not saying these are obscure lads found in the Slovakian third league or anything, but it definitely amounts to a change of strategy for me. None of the above play for teams that would be a regular fixture on terrestrial TV so it is the scouting.

And with the likes of Swansea and Everton yet to really play their hands (and having managers who would frequently sign from abroad) this number will only increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Nope, wouldnt even have come close to it over the course of their time at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

if avb goes to psg i could defo see laudrup at spurs if the rumours of him leaving swansea are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The likes of Canas, Okore, Tonev. Aspas, Helenius, Amorebieta, van Wolfswinkel, Toivonen, Boateng, Cornelius, Rat, Adrian. That isn't your normal summers transfers for me. I'm not saying these are obscure lads found in the Slovakian third league or anything, but it definitely amounts to a change of strategy for me. None of the above play for teams that would be a regular fixture on terrestrial TV so it is the scouting.

And with the likes of Swansea and Everton yet to really play their hands (and having managers who would frequently sign from abroad) this number will only increase.

With Pulis and O'Neill gone average English players will find opportunities limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

How much of the price of a jersey do clubs make? I presume they make more if they sell them in a club shop but Real making back the cost of Beckham in jersey sales seems mad.

So how much do they make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just because they aren't shown on tv most weeks doesn't mean they are unknown.Any half decent scouting system would know these players.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Just because they aren't shown on tv most weeks doesn't mean they are unknown.Any half decent scouting system would know these players.

But I didn't say they were unknown...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

But I didn't say they were unknown...

sorry ,you didn't but you said they wouldn't be regularly shown on terrestrial TV ,so must be the scouting.How do you think its a chance in scouting strategy ?Teams aren't going to be depending on matches shown on TV to scout players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement