Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rumours on Twitter that Bild will be breaking another big story at 11pm GMT...

Edit: Apparently, it's Dzeko to Dortmund.

No, please :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Swap deal , Dzeko for Reus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Swap deal , Dzeko for Reus

That was just clueless English fans guessing on twitter.

That deal would make no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oat23 wrote: »
    That was just clueless English fans guessing on twitter.

That deal would make no sense.

@BILD: Sometimes rumours are rumours.

Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Aymen Abdennour linked to Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

According to goal (with quotes) Spurs have already been in contact over Damiao and a move this summer.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/01/3944991/internacional-have-spoken-to-tottenham-ahead-of-very-likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Haven't Spurs been in contact with Damiao for the past 2-3 windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

O.g back to Old Trafford for next season please. He is a great backpasser of a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Reekwind wrote: »
    Haven't Spurs been in contact with Damiao for the past 2-3 windows?
    Yup been trying to sign him for almost two years club didn't want to sell though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Higuain is heading to Juve it seems plus Madrid are in the market for 2 strikers,

Jose Angel Sanchez:
    "We have Benzema and Higuain, Higuain will leave, Benzema will stay and two others will come."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wishful thinking but if ever Arsenal were to whip out the chequebook... Higuain...

homer_simpson_drooling.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

zerks wrote: »
    Higuain is heading to Juve it seems plus Madrid are in the market for 2 strikers,

Jose Angel Sanchez:

Knowing juve theyll probably offer em 5 million for him :P

Is llorente definitely going there in the summer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

klose wrote: »
    Knowing juve theyll probably offer em 5 million for him :P

Is llorente definitely going there in the summer?

Llorente has already signed a contract with Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Higuain would make as big an impact in the PL as Aguero did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gimmick wrote: »
    Higuain would make as big an impact in the PL as Aguero did.

I'd take Higauin at Chelsea over Falcao anyway, cheaper, younger and a very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Higuaín to Arsenal would be the best signing we've made in a loooooooooooooong time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xabi Alonso to Chelsea is the latest doing the rounds.

Popcorn at the ready if that happens.

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1433239

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Xavi6 wrote: »

Delaney is full of sh1te

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1309988

Can't see Alonso coming back to England. If he does it would most likely be for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Xavi6 wrote: »

I was unimpressed by him in the champions league semi's. I think the team that does give him a bumper contract is going to regret it, at least if it's chelsea they can afford to write it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bhamsteve wrote: »
    I was unimpressed by him in the champions league semi's. I think the team that does give him a bumper contract is going to regret it, at least if it's chelsea they can afford to write it off.

Been Madrid's best player behind Ronaldo all season. Are you basing your opinion on two games? Would improve any team in the world.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Been Madrid's best player behind Ronaldo all season. Are you basing your opinion on two games? Would improve any team in the world.

He just didn't seem to have engine for it anymore, could have just been a blip but he was left chasing the shadows of Dortmund's relatively inexperienced midfield. I think he's better suited to the more technical leagues but he would fall short at a top 4 premier league club. I thought Modric was their best player over the two legs, looked a different class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'd have Alonso in a heartbeat tbf.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'd have Alonso in a heartbeat tbf.

Which team?

Edit; I presume Man utd as you've got a pic of De Gea.

What length of contract would you be happy to give him considering his 100k a week wages?

Angelo Ogbonna to Milan would be lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Nuts102 wrote: »

He's had a poor season by his standards. Lots of my Madridista friends have been very disappointed with him too. He's not the only one though. He certainly hasn't been there second best player. It's been a disappointing year for a lot of Real Madrid players.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

He just didn't seem to have engine for it anymore, could have just been a blip but he was left chasing the shadows of Dortmund's relatively inexperienced midfield. I think he's better suited to the more technical leagues but he would fall short at a top 4 premier league club.

I agree with this to an extent, in that he is more suited to Spain/Italy than England/Germany. I still think he'd be a great player for ANY team in England or Germany. He's one of the past passers of a ball I've seen.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Seaneh wrote: »
    Angelo Ogbonna to Milan would be lovely.

I've been convinced for years this would happen. Don't know why. Just always saw him ending up at Milan one day.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I've been convinced for years this would happen. Don't why. Just always saw him ending up at Milan one day.

Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Which team?

Edit; I presume Man utd as you've got a pic of De Gea.

What length of contract would you be happy to give him considering his 100k a week wages?

100k a week wouldn't be a consideration. What would be is his age - he'll be 32 before christmas. If it was me, and he was available, i'd sign him - he's proven quality, and would improve a United side sorely lacking in the middle of the field.

Much prefer to see a younger model coming in however.

No doubt that if anyone can prolong a career it is Ferguson. Interestingly it is Gundogan who man utd are linked with in today's Daily Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

I would like to see Remy to Newcastle when they stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I would like to see Remy to Newcastle when they stay up

Don't think Pardew could handle another frenchie!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

In fairness Klopp said after the group games that all they did was stop Alonso so he was targeted again in the semi finals I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Goal (yes yes I know) report that Real are having a clear out this summer

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/03/3950622/mourinho-exit-to-spark-real-madrid-clearout

• Advertisement

Italian papers claiming Milan and Inter are both going for Cesc, he'd be alright it guess.

Also, Milan signed Colombian centre back Jherson Vergara Amu, who is apparently one of the best young players in South America, is in Milan for a medical this weekend and all going well will be joining the first team and training with them from Monday, he's already done an interview stating that “I chose Milan because they are the most successful club in the world,”. Good ladeen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Italian papers claiming Milan and Inter are both going for Cesc, he'd be alright it guess.
    No chance of him moving to Inter, he's too good and on way too much money, plus I can't see him wanting to move to a team who don't have CL football and probably won't for a few years either. Would be a great signing for Milan if they can get him and it would be good for the league too, too many of the best players have/are leaving the league and it would be good to bring in a few players of that quality this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Also, Milan signed Colombian centre back Jherson Vergara Amu, who is apparently one of the best young players in South America, is in Milan for a medical this weekend and all going well will be joining the first team and training with them from Monday, he's already done an interview stating that “I chose Milan because they are the most successful club in the world,”. Good ladeen :D

Someone needs to tell him that they were the best club in the world when baresi was playing !...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Keith Fahey is being released by Birmingham at the end of this season, had a two year option on his contract but could not afford his wages. Will be interesting to see where he goes next, has the option to go back to Ireland but he is more than good enough for a Championship team.

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Keith Fahey is being released by Birmingham at the end of this season, had a two year option on his contract but could not afford his wages. Will be interesting to see where he goes next, has the option to go back to Ireland but he is more than good enough for a Championship team.

That's what happens when the club's owner has his assets frozen for money laundering. He's not been playing much for the past year for a variety of reasons too, so would be a risky contract renewal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He hasn't gone half far enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hes an english lord or something, thought he would have stuck around.

Diouf says it's lies. He's not joining Kaloum and is staying at Leeds.

Good for English football ;)

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20130509/diouf-claims-are-complete-rubbish_2247585_3173036

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    hes an english lord or something, thought he would have stuck around.

I think that's Cissé you're thinking of.

Cissé's mad but he's no scumbag. Not as far as I know.
    He's the lord of the Manor of Frodsham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Falcao is set to sign for Monaco according to Spanish radio station La Sexta :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Falcao is set to sign for Monaco according to Spanish radio station La Sexta :eek:

Tax free income FTW!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dempsey wrote: »
    Tax free income FTW!!

I read somewhere that a number of the French clubs had been putting pressure on the football association to bring Monaco under the same tax rules as the other clubs as it offers them an unfair advantage. They will be putting even more pressure on if this transfer goes through!

• Advertisement
Advertisement