Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Tom Ince to Cardiff for c. £8m is reported this morning,
    Carlton Cole in talks with Hull

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mikel has agreed terms with Galatasary.

Mikel—"I'm very pleased with Galatasaray's offer. I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it's now time for me to leave".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Mikel—"I'm very pleased with Galatasaray's offer. I have played at Chelsea for a long time and it's now time for me to leave".

Wonder if Utd have a sell on clause? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think he's a really underrated player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Seaneh wrote: »
    I think he's a really underrated player.

Completely agree, in the same vein as Lucas, Carrick and Barry. Never the headliner in the team but does his job effectively allowing for others around him to get forward. Bit disappointed he is gone to turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

SkyBet has suspended bets on Hiquain's next destination. Evidently there is agreement with all three parties now! His transfer to Arsenal from Real Madrid should be confirmed soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Completely agree, in the same vein as Lucas, Carrick and Barry. Never the headliner in the team but does his job effectively allowing for others around him to get forward. Bit disappointed he is gone to turkey.

His positioning and anticipation of danger were fairly piss poor for a defensive midfielder if you ask me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Dempsey wrote: »
    His positioning and anticipation of danger were fairly piss poor for a defensive midfielder if you ask me.

I agree. He's probably the weakest link in the Chelsea team for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Jeez this Kinnear fiasco could get messy..

I fear for the imminent boycott...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That's a great buy for Arsenal if true, always like him and he's exactly what they need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland pushing hard to try and sign Duncan from Inter Milan. Can't say I've ever seen him play, but apparently he's highly rated and Inter don't want to lose him. Duncan himself has been quoted as saying he's open to the move, and our current offer is reported to be £8m.

Any of our Italian football regulars able to tell me more about him and his Essien comparison?

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/transfer-talk-sunderland-interest-flatters-duncan-1-5786460
    INTER Milan midfielder Alfred Duncan says that he is “flattered” to be linked with Sunderland.

Duncan is regarded as one of Ghana’s most promising young players and has been compared Chelsea’s Michael Essien.

A move to the Stadium of Light has been mooted this summer, and the 20-year-old claims he is aware of the reported interest from Wearside, with director of football Roberto De Fanti well aware of his capabilities.

Duncan said: “I am flattered by the interest of Sunderland. I know the scout of Sunderland has been watching me.

“To be honest, though, nothing has been done, and Inter will have a big say if I leave Inter or not.

“Fans compare me with Essien, and if I can have half of his career I will be very happy.

“He is the best midfielder ever in Ghana. He played box-to-box, could break play up and could dictate play at the same time.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

INTER Milan midfielder Alfred Duncan says that he is “flattered” to be linked with Sunderland.

8142D326B8BC2F9B8BD57781FFFC_h416_w622_m2_q80_cxbpNUWPO.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Nothing wrong with what Duncan said, he is a young player who spent last season on loan at Livorno in Serie B, he had a very good season by all accounts and is very highly rated but Sunderland would be a good move for him if Inter were to sell him because he would get game time in a strong league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Kyle Lafferty is on his way to Palermo! Another WTF until I realised Gattuso was manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Brian Kerr said last night that he was seen as a Jay Jay Okocha type player when he was younger, then Mourinho converted him & is not liked in Nigeria for it.
    It was some article by a Nigerian journo where he seen it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Think I remember when United where linked with him when he was younger that he was an attacking midfielder alright, hard to imagine him as one now though.

Think I remember when United where linked with him when he was younger that he was an attacking midfielder alright, hard to imagine him as one now though.

Man United got £12m to settle their dispute with Chelsea over him :eek:

on wiki it says they gave Lyn Oslo 4mil as well

then 16mil transfer fee (not sure if the 4mil is included in this)

so he cost 28 or 32mil in total :pac:

batistuta9 wrote: »
    on wiki it says they gave Lyn Oslo 4mil as well

then 16mil transfer fee (not sure if the 4mil is included in this)

so he cost 28 or 32mil in total :pac:

Chelsea sued all around them after that so, the cost to them wasnt that high.

How are you coming to that total?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Southampton want to sign Wanyema for 10m but Celtic don't want to sell.

Celtic wont consider selling anyone for anything less than a ridiculous transfer fee until after the UCL qualifiers for obvious reasons. Wanyama is worth more than £10m given his age, potential and 2 years left on his contract.

Chelsea sued all around them after that so, the cost to them wasnt that high.

How are you coming to that total?

i was adding all together
    the 16mil was the total they paid including the 12 to man u, was it?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i was adding all together
    the 16mil was the total they paid including the 12 to man u, was it?

it was 4 to oslo and 12 to man u for a total of 16. they then sued a few people over it and won afaik. so it didn't actually cost chelsea that much either

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

He was officially a Man United player for a while. Ridiculous transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

search?q=mikel+obi+in+manchester+united+jersey&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=AkjEUc6YNqar7AaQkoGgDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=605#facrc=_&imgrc=dIVljLFY6eJIsM%3A%3BWOIBCGgN3YbtYM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ftherepublikofmancunia.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2008%252F12%252Fmikelmanutd_468x341.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Ftherepublikofmancunia.com%252Fchelsea-resolve-mikel-signing-but-united-keep-the-money%252F%3B468%3B341

[IMG][/img]2imaut0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Now if Chelsea have any sense they'll throw 35m at Dortmund for Gundogan. Would be a massive upgrade on Mikel. Few better in that role atm imo.

I really dont see Dortmund selling any more players in this window.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

My good source of Aertel tells me that Liverpool are expected to put Mignolet in for a medical next week. Reina will have to go now. Can't afford to have them 2 there.

• Advertisement

Barcelona youngster Josimar Quintero
    'I really want the experience of going to Chelsea. Thanks to everyone for making this possible.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Blanc to PSG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Panthro wrote: »
    Barcelona youngster Josimar Quintero
    more like experience Chelsea's money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

MD1990 wrote: »
    more like experience Chelsea's money

Better league, better city, more money, better chance of first team football. No brainer, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Better league, better city, more money, better chance of first team football. No brainer, really.

Better city? Don't think so.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Now if Chelsea have any sense they'll throw 35m at Dortmund for Gundogan. Would be a massive upgrade on Mikel. Few better in that role atm imo.

Gundogan would be a fantastic pickup for Chelsea, but not as a direct replacement for Mikel I don't think. They'd still want a defensively sound player beside him, ruling out Lampand/Oscar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Beefy78 wrote: »
    How many youngsters have Chelsea brought through?
    My good source of Aertel tells me that Liverpool are expected to put Mignolet in for a medical next week. Reina will have to go now. Can't afford to have them 2 there.

Did all of his name appear on aertel or did it appear like LIVERPOOL SIGN MING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

JPA wrote: »
    Better city? Don't think so.

Weather aside, far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

500.jpg

Could your club do with any of these players? Williamson surprised me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The fact that Williamson made that list immediately removes any credibility from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

But he has a 7.3 rating for the season!

marno21 wrote: »
    The fact that Williamson made that list immediately removes any credibility from it.

Who the hell makes up these lists eh?
    Oh wait...KdB is in the team..

Yeah it's credible, G'wan Benteke, had him in me fantasy.
    People laughed they did, told them they were wrong I did..
    Where's your NAMA now lads I said..!

I argue for the inclusion of Julio Cesar, Gaston Ramirez, Iago Aspas, Markel Susaeta and Artur Boka off the top of my head. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

GTR63 wrote: »
    Did all of his name appear on aertel or did it appear like LIVERPOOL SIGN MING.
    Surely it'd be Mign rather than Ming :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Very impressed with Southampton lately. I thought it was a strange move to get rid of Atkins and replace him with someone who doesn't even speak English, but he has a decent philosophy on the pitch and off the pitch they are making some shrewd moves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I argue for the inclusion of Julio Cesar, Gaston Ramirez, Iago Aspas, Markel Susaeta and Artur Boka off the top of my head. Any other suggestions?
    Gaston Ramirez wasn't that great for Southampton very inconsistent

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gaston Ramirez wasn't that great for Southampton very inconsistent

Perhaps yeah. But if I was picking a team of "bottom-half players", he'd have a good chance of being in there.

Perhaps yeah. But if I was picking a team of "bottom-half players", he'd have a good chance of being in there.

What about Lambert?

What about Lambert?

I considered him. I don't think he'd be in my first eleven though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Morgan Schneiderlin was a rock in the Southampton midfield. If there were to be one saints player in there, it should be him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement