Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Summer Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

What I've seen of him with Japan he attacks a lot and is too one footed and wasteful.

What I've heard/read/seen (have only watched him play maybe 10-15 times in the last 2/3 years) he looks quite good and would definitely be worth €3m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dortmund have offered €30m Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Oat23 wrote: »
    Burn for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Oat23 wrote: »

could be bull but if not then its gonna come down to where Mkhitaryan wants to go.

he is quoted in saying he wants to play in the PL.

so imo its gonna come down to where his desire is PL or CL?

It also seems that this could be just Shaktar trying to push things along as they only own 50% of the player.

tis a funny one this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Leiva wrote: »
    could be bull but if not then its gonna come down to where Mkhitaryan wants to go.

he is quoted in saying he wants to play in the PL.

so imo its gonna come down to where his desire is PL or CL?

It also seems that this could be just Shaktar trying to push things along as they only own 50% of the player.

tis a funny one this.

To be honest if it's down to Dortmund last years Champions League finalists or Liverpool, it's a bit of a no brainer really.

That's if it true Dortmund have bid.

• Advertisement

€30m ... Will some of these clubs ever learn?

€30m for Henrikh Mkhitaryan is just wrong.

€30m ... Will some of these clubs ever learn?

€30m for Henrikh Mkhitaryan is just wrong.

which clubs ?

why so wrong?

which clubs ?

why so wrong?

Either. The fee seems a bit excessive?

Thiago €18m
    Eriksen €15m
    Honda €3-4m

Why not go for some of these players who are as good as, if not better than Mkhitaryan? And there are more than just these 3 as well.

I know he's very good but €30m seems OTT for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Either. The fee seems a bit excessive?

Thiago €18m
    Eriksen €15m
    Honda €3-4m

Why not go for some of these players who are as good as, if not better than Mkhitaryan? And there are more than just these 3 as well.

I know he's very good but €30m seems OTT for me

I agree with what you've said, but how do you know he's good?

I've doubt anyone has seen him play, and Id say very few had heard of him last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

You'll find it hard to get a bargain when looking at players owned by a third party . Both the club & the third party will want top dollar for the player .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

What is this Mkhitaryan lad like? I've never seen him play myself, who would he be similar to and is he worth that huge fee?

Oranage2 wrote: »

I've doubt anyone has seen him play, and Id say very few had heard of him last month.

Watched him play maybe a handful of times which is nowhere near enough to pass judgement. Read up on him a bit and he seems to be held in high regard and is considered a "Lampard-esque" midfielder. His stats seem very good too.

Can I say how good he is or how much he should cost? No.

Do I think either Liverpool or Dortmund should pay €30m for him? No, because there are more well-established players around that are available for less.

He could be a great signing but €30m is a big risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

He's Armenian. We played them in the Euro 2012 qualifiers. I remember them having a good player in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Widely earmarked as Armenia's only real threat when Ireland played them in the Euro qualifying, so quite a few people should have heard of him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Benat gone to Bilbao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

He also played against Chelsea twice in the CL this season...

Johan Djourou and HSV have a verbal agreement, a fee needs to be agreed with Arsenal now.

Roque Santa Cruz told a Paraguayan radio station that he wants to join HSV too, but he will talk with his family first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

any Irish supporter would have heard of him ,we played them twice last qualifiers and he was by far their best player ,scored against us in the Aviva.He has also made plenty of appearances in the CL over the last couple of years.I would say the majority of football fans have heard of him.

Okay I'll admit it, my knowledge of the Armenian national team and the Ukrainian league is very limited compared to the experts here :rolleyes:

Okay I'll admit it, my knowledge of the Armenian national team and the Ukrainian league is very limited compared to the experts here :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

There's this competition called the Champions League that I believe one or two posters watch from time to time and I've heard he may have played once or twice in that. Don't quote me on it though

• Advertisement

There exists no life outside of the EPL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Marca spainsh paper says the delay with Thiago departure to Manutd is due to interest from Bayern Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The good, the bad, and the ugly side of Carlos Tevez.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23061694

Well played BBC, I laughed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Official. I'm surprised he got Del Piero's number.

935241_690754224285143_1533163911_n.png

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Re: Honda, most people's opinions of him stem from World Cup 2010 and now this years Confederations Cup. He's generally performed better for country than club. He's flattered to deceive many a time for CSKA Moscow from what I've seen or read him, be it on ESPN, streams (early Russian league KO's on weekdays mean I occasionally watch games over there) and obviously the early CL games on Sky over the last number of years. Also watch his lesser NT games too since my stay over there a few years ago. Again, the early KO's and being a gem to bet on helps :)

But don't get me wrong, that's not to say he wouldn't be a very good signing, and at the price being mentioned, he's worth a punt for sure. But the way people go on about him is misleading I feel. I do hope he gets his move to a big club to really prove his worth.

amiable wrote: »
    There's this competition called the Champions League that I believe one or two posters watch from time to time and I've heard he may have played once or twice in that. Don't quote me on it though

Well the team I support play in the competition so I don't have the luxury of following a Ukrainian side in it.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    There exists no life outside of the EPL

There does, just step out your front door to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well the team I support play in the competition so I don't have the luxury of following a Ukrainian side in it.

Meeooowww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Make sure you keep those blinkers on then, can be dangerous seeing teams other than the one you support playing, can lead to something called 'increased knowledge'.

Make sure you keep those blinkers on then, can be dangerous seeing teams other than the one you support playing, can lead to something called 'increased knowledge'.

'Dangerous' :confused: is that a threat?

And 'increased knowledge', we're still talking about soccer here yeah? for a second there I I thought I ventured into a physics forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

'Dangerous' :confused: is that a threat?

And 'increased knowledge', we're still talking about soccer here yeah? for a second there I I thought I ventured into a physics forum.

You have to be takin the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Arshavin gone to Zenit on a 2 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Good news for Spurs
    Paulinho tells Terra: "It's not true about Real Madrid, the only offer that has come is from Tottenham."
    source is BenPearceSpurs who is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Isco officially gone to madrid, im guessing kaka will be off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thomas Rogne is having a medical at Wigan tomorrow, decent player but he'll probably pick up a knock doing the medical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wilfried Bony to Swansea for €12 million.

Well done Swansea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

inforfun wrote: »

Well done Swansea.

He could be a great signing for them alright.

Will probably push Michu back into a CAM role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Well done Swansea.

Bloody hell

Didnt see that coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cardiff look like they will be getting Cornelius from Kobenhavn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Bloody hell

Didnt see that coming
    Me neither, expected him to go to some obscure Russian team to fill his pockets

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower 39m BREAKING NEWS: A rather sizable bet has been placed on Wayne Rooney to leave Man United. He is now 8/11 to go. #MUFC http://pdy.pr/N2UzFu.

• Advertisement

Could just be people with more moeny then sense skewing the market.

Like people putting money on Tahiti to win the Confeds cup for example.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Like people putting money on Tahiti to win the Confeds cup for example.

for real :pac:

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower 39m BREAKING NEWS: A rather sizable bet has been placed on Wayne Rooney to leave Man United. He is now 8/11 to go. #MUFC http://pdy.pr/N2UzFu.

Was his meeting with Moyes today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I suppose Kaka might be going but honestly I think that's a mistake. Carlo got the best out of him what's to say he can't revive Kaka to the Kaka we used to know? (Yes, that's terrible wording.:o)

for real :pac:

They were a rather tasty 4000/1 to win it AFAIR. :pac:

Decent value.

Although in Rooneys case, I wouldnt be surprised if it was a genuine guy with a big money taking a guess.

All recent speculation points to a Rooney exit so if you have big money to throw down and arent afraid to lose it, it could be a profitable little bet for someone.

When is Rooney meeting Moyes, surely pre-season for Utd hasnt started already has it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

If real offload kaka he will be one of the value buys of the summer id say, cant see him goin for big money. just needs a little tlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Me neither, expected him to go to some obscure Russian team to fill his pockets

Super finisher,cant wait to see how he gets on, hope he does well.

If real offload kaka he will be one of the value buys of the summer id say, cant see him goin for big money. just needs a little tlc

Cant see him taking a huge paycut so any deal for him wont be cheap overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon he'll be going back to Brazil

Dempsey wrote: »
    Cant see him taking a huge paycut so and deal for him wont be cheap overall

Does he have a choice?

the guys career has been stagnate now coming on 3yrs

• Advertisement
Advertisement